PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have a cat pee from Feliway?

jazzcat
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
We still have the pee cams going but we haven't had any problems in a few weeks since Scout took her meds and started the new diet. Well yesterday I noticed the Feliway Plug-In in the dining room was almost empty so I put in a new refill. About 30 minutes later Rumor went in, sniffed the refill and then peed on the carpet runner we put down to protect the carpet. :( She's not my peeing cat - it's Rocky and Scout!!! :eek: At least it was on the plastic and not the carpet so easy clean up. We caught it all on camera so I know it's her and I'm sure it has something to do with the Feliway. Guess I'm going to have to stop using them. I think the cats fight less when they are plugged in but I don't want pee.

I have a new bottle of the Feliway Spray I need to sell or something because I can't use it. Seems like the spray makes someone (Rocky) want to pee but the Plug-ins always worked and never caused a problem.

Moesha
12-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I was just reading Justine's thread about the cat peeing and I think she said she had one pee right on the plug in.

jazzcat
12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I was just reading Justine's thread about the cat peeing and I think she said she had one pee right on the plug in.
I just now saw that and replied. Unbelievable!

My vet told me she's never had luck with Feliway and she thinks it makes things worse. I told her I've been using them for years and I felt they helped. So much for that!

Medusa
12-02-2008, 09:16 PM

That's exactly what my pee cats did.

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM
This thought crossed my mind when I was asking about it for Taz's behavior. I've been using the spray on a collar for a couple days now. I sure hope it doesn't make him start peeing. I don't think Bruce would put up with that.
Oh dear, just one more thing to worry about. :(

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Lori, I'm sorry to hear this.:( Sometimes I think that I'm throwing my money away by buying the feliway plugins. My cats aren't peeing but I use them to try to help them get along better. Right now they've all been fighting a lot more than usual. I think I'll stop using them for a while to see what happens.

In the other feliway thread, Nancy's posted that a friend e-mailed her about feliway plugins causing house fires.:( I sure hope that this is only a rumor. I've already had a flood at my place this year and I certainly don't want a fire too.