PDA

View Full Version : Richard has suffered a huge loss

gini
12-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Not all Pet Talk members may go to the prayer thread or subscribe to it, so you may not know.

I hope Richard will forgive me for starting this thread, but I knew that all of you would want to know that Richard's Mother passed away this morning.

I know that any kind thoughts you may have to share with him will be deeply appreciated.

When we open "Thursdays" this week, I hope you will stop by, chat a while, because we will honor Richard and his Mother - I think she would like that - she can stop by and check to see if Richard is doing a good job.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for letting us know Gini.

I will keep him in my prayers for sure.

Richard, I know how heartbroken you are right now. I lost my mom 45 years ago. It's never easy to say good-bye. Know that she loves you and will still be keeping a close watch over you. :love::love::love:

Karen
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Rest in peace, Angelita! You are with the angels now, and your time of suffering here on earth is over.

lizbud
12-02-2008, 05:01 PM
I am so sorry for his loss.:( I knew his Mom had been ill, but I thought
she was doing better. Prayers & sympathies to his family.

caseysmom
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
My sympathies Richard. What a beautiful name and no doubt a beautiful lady.

chocolatepuppy
12-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm sorry Richard. :( You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Killearn Kitties
12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Thank you for letting us know Gini. I'm so sorry to hear that Richard has lost his mother. It's a terrible loss and always comes as a shock, even if you think you are prepared.

davidpizzica
12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
RICHARD, my sincere condolences go out to you and to the other members of your family.Eight years ago on november 9th I lost my father and it was and still is a terrible blow. He would have been 104 years old tomorrow.

Nomilynn
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Richard, you are in my prayers.

Freckles
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Richard, I'm so sorry to learn of your mother's passing. Remember the good times.

gini
12-02-2008, 05:54 PM
(with all due respect)

Rumor has it that Mario met Richard's Mom at the Bridge. She was a bit startled at first, but Mario explained who he was and how important Richard had been in his life, so he wanted to meet her.

Once she realized who Mario was, she said "well, that sounds like my son, he always does like to monkey around.":love:

Ginger's Mom
12-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, Gini. I don't go to the prayer thread nearly often enough. However, I was worried about Richard when he started the "favor" thread, and said a prayer for him then. Now how I need to direct my prayer. {{{Hugs Richard}}}

cassiesmom
12-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Gini, thank you for this update. I am so sorry to hear of Richard's loss. He will be in my prayers too.

Thanks again,
Elyse

Queen of Poop
12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
My most sincere sympathies Richard.

joycenalex
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
oh richard. i am so sorry, so sorry

Medusa
12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Richard, you will be in my prayers tonight and always. Losing your mom is a change that none of us wants to face. My mom passed on this date as well so you and I have our grief in common, although yours is fresh. I hope that I can be instrumental in helping to ease your pain. Your mom is at peace now and I hope you will find peace soon, too. :love:

ramanth
12-02-2008, 06:32 PM
My sincere condolences Richard. :(

wolf_Q
12-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, Richard. :(

Freedom
12-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Thaanks, Gini.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Richard. I lost my mum a bit over 15 years ago. Some days, it seems like she has been gone ages. Other times, it seems like just yesterday I was talking with her. And I still reach for the phone to call her and tell her something.

Moms are special, you won't be forgetting her.

Prairie Purrs
12-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Richard, I am so sorry for your loss.

caseysmom
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Richard, Unfortunately I have been through quite a bit of this with my family, if you need any information on the practical part of it send me a pm.

kuhio98
12-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Richard ~ I'm so sorry for your loss. :love:

robinh
12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Richard, I am so sorry for your loss.

DJFyrewolf36
12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
My prayers go out to you RICHARD. I know that the last few months have been a real struggle :(.
I wish I knew what else to say but I can at least offer a *HUG* in place of the words I can't find.

mustlovedogs
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Richard. :( Lots of prayers will be heading your way!! :(

Bengalz
12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
My sincerest condolences Richard - losing your Mom, after the tough year you've both had, is surely difficult. Remember how dear she was and be grateful for the time you had together.

Hugs to you :love:

Daisy and Delilah
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Our Dear Richard, let me join everyone else in extending my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I'm so very sorry. May God give you all the strength you need to get through this.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}:(

AdoreMyDogs
12-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Richard :( You and your family is in my prayers.

moosmom
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks Gini for letting us know.

RICHARD,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved Mother. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, honey.

Love and Hugs,

Donna and furkids

sparks19
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
OH Richard.... I am so sorry.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

HUGS

captain
12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Gini,
Thanks for letting us know.

Richard,
My deepest condolences on the passing of your darling mother, Angelita. Hugs and prayers across the miles to you.

blue
12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
RICHARD, Im sorry for you and your families loss.

zippy-kat
12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Angelita. I don't think I ever knew her name before now. Very pretty and so very fitting.

I'm so sorry for your loss, friend. So very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :( {{hugs}}

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Thoughts, prayers, and hugs coming to you across the miles.

While a loss is never easy for those of us left behind, it is a nice image of your parents reunited sharing an evening snack.

jennielynn1970
12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Richard. I'm so sorry too hear that she passed, but I am glad that you were with her and that it was peaceful.

Rest in peace, Angelita.

KYS
12-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Richard,
I am so sorry to hear about your mother.
I think of my mother daily and it's been over 20 years.
Sending you lots of prayers, hugs and good thoughts for you
and yours.
(((HUGS)))

Alysser
12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
So sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. :(

kt_luvs_kitties
12-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Richard and Edward, I am so so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please know if you need anything, you can pm me. I will try my best.

*HUGS* Katie and kitties:love:

AbbyMom
12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Richard, I am very sorry to hear this. Hugs for you.

Edwina's Secretary
12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
My condolences on the loss of your mother, RICHARD. Godspeed Angelita!

Moesha
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I am very sorry to read this. I hope that healing can begin, and I can tell that it has by the story Richard posted about his mom and dad in the other thread. I do hope that the rest of the family can get along during this difficult time as well.

jazzcat
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Richard, I'm so sorry.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Craftlady
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
So sorry to read of your mothers passing.

prechrswife
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
So very sorry for your loss...:(

Lillycat
12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
.....during this time Richard.....you are in my thoughts and prayers......

Grace
12-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm so very sorry, Richard.

k9krazee
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm soo sorry for your loss, Richard. :(

K9karen
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Please accept my apologies, Richard, for just seeing this now.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs. :love:
I'm sure you mom knew you were with her. You were a wonderful, dedicated son, and you can carry that with you forever.

Emeraldgreen
12-03-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm so sorry that you have lost your mom. Prayers that each day gets a little easier for you. I'm sure she is watching over you and hoping that you will make it through this difficult time.

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Richard, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP Angelita.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Oh no, Richard, I am so sorry for your loss....:(. Losing a dear one is one of the hardest things we humans have to cope with....:(. These coming holidays will be hard for you; try to remember all the happy memories you have of her, cause that is how she will be staying in your heart forever:love:.
Rest in peace dear Angelita!!

Lots of hugs for you, Richard:love:

Randi
12-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Richard, I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I believe you were very close to your mom, and you and Ed will miss all the little trips to her house.

Try to think of the good times you had together, and also know that your mom doesn't suffer where she is now. I hope you and your family will be able to sort things out in peace.

Richard, it helps to talk about what has happened, so I hope you have some close friends who are right there for you. You are welcome to PM me too.

Take care!

jenluckenbach
12-03-2008, 05:52 AM
{{{{{{{RICHARD}}}}}}}. I am SO sorry for your loss.

Barbara
12-03-2008, 06:18 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Richard.
I am sure you do not even grasp it right now. Sending all my sympathies and best wishes for the hard time that lies in front of you.

anna_66
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Richard, I'm truly sorry to hear about the passing of your mother.

(((HUGS)))
Anna & Mark

slick
12-03-2008, 08:43 AM
:(:(Richard, I'm so very sorry. May you, your Mom and the family finally find peace.
Much love
slick xoxo :love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Richard, I am so very sorry to read about your mother. I can not even being to know what you are feeling right now, but please know that my heart does go out to you :love::love:

Cheryl

4 Dog Mother
12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Richard, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Losing any family member is tough any time of the year but losing them near a holiday is the pits. My thoughts and prayers will be with you now and in the weeks ahead.

lvpets2002
12-03-2008, 09:07 AM
:( I as well am so sorry for your loss Richard.. May your Mom & Dad be together in Heaven & Resting In Peace Now..

sirrahbed
12-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I am sad for you when I read this, Richard:( I have always admired the way you spoke so lovingly of your mom. I hope you will share some stories and memories of her with that special way you have of seeing humor and hope in all parts of life. You are in my prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
12-03-2008, 09:48 AM
< ring > ~ < Ding-a-Ling ><DING-A-LING>

< Herrow? >

Eddie? ~~~ Hi, dis is Boots da KAT callin frum da Bridge ...

Wanted ta let ya know that your GranMom arrived all safe & sound and
She's settlin in jest phine!

Da minnit Tubby and Peanut landed da Silver Klowd Express, She hopped off anna
handsome Dude inna big sombrero hollered "Angelita", dashed over,
an swept her offa her feets! ~~~ We think they 'know' each other. ;)

They dun a lotta {Huggin}, he flashed a BIG Red Apple, they grabbed a
handful of chawklit chippie cookies ... and they've been unner da Bridge
down by da Pond ever since! :love:

She keeps tellin him "What a NICE Boy we raised ... so kind & considerate -
and his Goofy KAT ... what a Pair they make! I'm gonna *miss* them!"

So Eddie, that's the News frum da Bridge ... GranMom's here ~~~
Tell your Dad that Mom an his Dad are havin a good ole tyme ketchin up
an munchin Apples ...
She's gonna fit in jest phine up here in Heaven!

I'll wander over an give your GranMom a lil *PURRR* anna HeadBumpie and
say it's frum 'Ed'. Now go cuddle wiff Daddy Richard an tell him.

From da Bridge,
/s/ Boots da KAT

gemini9961
12-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Richard please accept my condolences on the death of your Mother. May she rest in peace.

shais_mom
12-03-2008, 10:12 AM
sending my sympathies and love to you and your family Richard.
:love::love:

Cataholic
12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, Richard. You are in my thoughts.

Johanna

Taz_Zoee
12-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I posted in the prayer thread, but wanted to express my sympathies here as well.
I know you have plenty of stories about your mom and dad. Please share them with us, if you want to. It will help you heal and just reading the story about Mr and Mrs Apples made me smile.

I am so sorry for your loss Richard.

mruffruff
12-03-2008, 11:40 AM
My sincere condolences, Richard. I'm sure her arrival at the Bridge was just as Phred described. Lots of hugs to you, dear friend.

Logan
12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Richard, I am so very sorry for your loss. This week, two of our good Pet Talk friends said goodbye to their mothers, you and Pam. We send our best wishes and prayers.

Logan

Husky_mom
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Iīm so sorry Richard... deeply deeply sorry.... I can barely find words to comfort you...

be sure you were a great son... a son every mother would be proud... and you sure did a LOT for your mom, gladly you were the son that was there for her... sad to say but Iīm sure your sibling will regret not being there for her on her last times here...

the bond you had will not break ever.... remember her by the great things and moments you shared...

((hugs))... to my long lost brother....

Mrs. Richardīs mom: you have a great son, and you taught him well... but Iīm sure you already knew that... donīt be alarmed by all the critters thatīll meet you up at the RB... they are all of our beloved departed friends... theyīll keep you in good company...

carole
12-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Dearest Richard my heart goes out to you at this very sad and difficult time,may you find comfort in knowing we are all here for you,offering our deepest sympathy's,love and hugs.

JenBKR
12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh Richard, I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

smokey the elder
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm so sorry about your mom. {{hugs}}

DrKym
12-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Richard we just laid my Mom to rest on Oct 4th, I truly know what you are feeling, and my heart and prayers are with you. I am so very sorry for your loss, may the universe surrond you with healing energy and peace.

Love Kym

LoudLou
12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
:( Richard & Ed you have our most sincere sympathies, hugs to you both at this most difficult time.

phesina
12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
My deepest sympathy to you, Richard, on the loss of your beloved mother.

You and she both are in my prayers.

RedHedd
12-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Condolences on your loss. Gentle hugs and love from your Pet Talk friends. :love:

Donnaj4962
12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Many warm thoughts and prayers coming to you and your family. From the threads that I have read, I know how close you were to your Mother, and what a wonderful son you were to her. Keep the memories strong, and know that she is watchng over you from up above. God bless you and your family.

Casper
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Richard. :( You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time.

shepgirl
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Just read the post now, so very sorry about your loss Richard. You are in my thoughts as is your mom.

Pam
12-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Richard I am so sorry. We had just been "talking" the other day about our moms and now they are both gone. Please feel these (((hugs))) across the miles.

Cookiebaker
12-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Richard, I am very sorry for your loss. :(

rosethecopycat
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Deepest sympathies Richard.

There are no words that I can offer, only know that she will always be near you.

K9soul
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Richard. Deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved mother. :(

finn's mom
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
:(:love: My heart is with you, Richard.

Catlady711
12-03-2008, 10:49 PM
My deepest sympathies Richard. Please know we are all thinking of you and keeping you and the family in our prayers.

sumbirdy
12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Richard, seeing this made my cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. I truly feel for you. I am so, so sorry. :(

Laughter is the cure for grief-Love is stronger than death.
--Robert Fulghum

RICHARD
12-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Gosh darn it.

There is something wrong with my eyes.

I have to stop reading every few posts, I have acute Leaky Eye Sydrome.,

Seriously,
You all have touched me more than I ever thought was possible. It's gonna sound hokey but you all have been more of a family to me than you ever know. There is a great deal more to say-but, I have to really think about how to say it.

I was thinking about all your comments and I really didn't lose anything.;) I had some of the best times and trying times with my mom and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. So, in a strange sense, I gained more by having her in my life.

Thank you again, dear friends. YOu may not have the words to express you thoughts and feelings to me. But you have by posting, thinking and praying for my mom and my family.

I would adopt you all, but where would we live? and you'd have to eat an arse full of Mexican food every week.:eek:

You all rock and if anyone says you don't-call me.

THANKS!:D

blue
12-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Gosh darn it.

There is something wrong with my eyes.

Thats allergise man just allergise.

Im sorry I was going to say something serious after that but you brought up Mexican Food. Im mostly Irish but I love the Mexican foods. Heck the music gets my feet stompin as well.

I can only hope I do for my mom what you did for yours.

Here is a jar to you and your mom.

I hope I spelled allergise right, if not Leaky Eye Sydrome is what I meant.

RICHARD
12-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Thats allergise man just allergise.

Im sorry I was going to say something serious after that but you brought up Mexican Food. Im mostly Irish but I love the Mexican foods. Heck the music gets my feet stompin as well.

I can only hope I do for my mom what you did for yours.

Here is a jar to you and your mom.

I hope I spelled allergise right, if not Leaky Eye Sydrome is what I meant.

Thanks, bro.

LOL, after a few bean burritos you'll be looking to get you own room on the old homestead!;)

Give your mom a HUGE hug and start from there. You can try to catch up-that will keep you busy for a long, long time.:D

ChrisH
12-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Oh, Richard, I am so sorry. :( My prayers and thoughts are for you.

Laura's Babies
12-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Richard, the care you gave your Mom will comfort you. Some of the best memories I have of Mama was when she was dying and the times we spent together. That was the worst of times but some of our BEST times and the greatest memories I have out of the tons of them I have. Nothing in life prepares you for the loss of your mother and you never quit missing them. But I think often of the quiet times we had after she became ill, the endless discussions, the jokes and laughing.. at times acting like silly kids. I find a of of comfort in those memories and KNOW I did everything I could for her. I had so many hugs left over after she left.... Your Mother knew she was loved and that is what it is all about, isn't it? You were there for her as she was for you when you were growing up, there is a lot of comfort in knowing that. You will never stop missing her.

Scooter's Mom
12-04-2008, 06:34 AM
I thought I had posted in here, but I think I just posted in the prayer thread.

Losing a mother is different than losing anyone else we love. I don't know quite why, but it is. You have shown what a great son you are, and your mom knew!

By the way, I'd happily eat mexican food all the time. I would be proud to be part of your family...

Hugs to you,
Crystal

Pawsitive Thinking
12-04-2008, 08:55 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time :love:

jazzcat
12-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Richard, just want to post again to let you know I'm thinking about you.

I gave my Dad an extra big hug.

Husky_mom
12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
you'd have to eat an arse full of Mexican food every week.:eek:

I think... I think I can manage that .... :p ;) ...

love you Richard!!...thanks for the fancy treat you sent LOL....

still thinking of you...((hugs))

wolflady
12-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh my gosh! Something made me check in PT today after such a long time and I see this thread. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Richard. I can't tell you how many times I would read threads that you've posted to cheer myself up when I was feeling down, so I hope you know that we're all here for you too.
Much love,
Karen

Vio&Juni
12-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I am very sorry for your loss, Richard.

GILL
12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
We are so sorry for your loss, the Crew is sending thier prayers for you.

And lay off the beans. (I'd die with out beans of any kind)

CountryWolf07
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Richard, I am so sorry to hear the loss of your mom, just know, you're in my thoughts & prayers.

RICHARD
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh my gosh! Something made me check in PT today after such a long time and I see this thread.

I can make you do anything I want.......almost.:D

I got my mom's recipe for Arroz, Frijoles and Tortillas.....

(Rice, beans and tortillas, all is right in the world.:D

You know?

Squeeze the living poop outta your whole family and when they ask....tell them Edward D Katz made you do it!:D

caseysmom
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Just checking to see how your doing Richard? I hope everything is going okay for you.

RICHARD
12-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Just checking to see how your doing Richard? I hope everything is going okay for you.

Things are going o.k.

It's tough, I have to sit down and write, but I have to muddle through. LOL, I want to run to the comp and post-I just have to bounce back and forth between all kinds of things at the moment.

Thanks for asking and for thinking about me and my family.:D

It's much apperciated!

dukedogsmom
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Richard,
I am so very sorry :( I didn't know. I just saw this. Christmas will be very difficult for you, I know. Please let me know if I can do anything at all for you. And please forgive me about what I wrote in your Christmas card :(