PDA

View Full Version : Clicking on thumbnails

smokey the elder
12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
When I used to click on a thumbnail, then hit the Back button, it went back to the message the picture was attached to. Now it goes all the way back out to the forum. Fix, pretty please?:):confused:

Hellow
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
It is probably a bug with the latest release of vBulletin, as the Ubuntu Forums do not do this. If you run Firefox, instead of directly clicking on the image thumbnail, right click and click "Open in new tab". That way the image is detached from the forum tab, and when you want to close it just close the tab.

Karen
12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
When I used to click on a thumbnail, then hit the Back button, it went back to the message the picture was attached to. Now it goes all the way back out to the forum. Fix, pretty please?:):confused:

Attachments work differently now - they should open in a window above the thread. Instead of hitting the "back" button, you can just hit the "close" box for the picture, and the thread will still be there, right underneath.

smokey the elder
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh, ok. I'll try that.

Reggie, I have Internet Exploder at work, but Firefox at home.:p

smokey the elder
12-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Got it. I missed the "X" the first time. I noticed now that there's the background of the thread; kinda cool!

Karen
12-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Got it. I missed the "X" the first time. I noticed now that there's the background of the thread; kinda cool!

Excellent! :)

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
... you can just hit the "close" box X for the picture,
and the thread will still be there, right underneath.

Another way to close the enlarged picture and return to the thread >>>

Just hit your keyboard "Down ARROW" one time ...
the picture closes and you return to the thread ... no mice required.

;)