PDA

View Full Version : Me again asking favors... :p

Husky_mom
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
could anyone get me some Nestle Turtles chocolate ... I´ve found some over the net but they don´t ship to me :(

this can be found at walmart, walgreens, or whatever store..... there´s this other one...http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10403157

so it doesn´t neccesarily be Nestlé ....what i know the bag had red stripes.. and this both have red stripes...

OR.. if you can help me find a place that delivers to me.. that would be of great help too.... (I want them for a christmas present so the fastest I can find/get them the better ;))

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I can look for some for you. I need to go to a couple of stores this week. How many do you want?

Suki Wingy
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I wish I could help you, but I don't think I can. I know what you're feeling though! I just got my hands on some chocolate hobnobs, and I know the little British foods store doesn't have many and I'm about to run out! It's hard to get them in the US.

Husky_mom
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I can look for some for you. I need to go to a couple of stores this week. How many do you want?

thanks!!... I don´t know... maybe a couple bars.. not sure how much is the box... 10 dlls worth of them perhaps....

lvpets2002
12-02-2008, 03:19 PM
:) Hey I as well see if I can find you some at Walmart or Walgreens.. We have both stores here..

Husky_mom
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM
:) Hey I as well see if I can find you some at Walmart or Walgreens.. We have both stores here..

thank you soooo much!!

lvpets2002
12-02-2008, 03:25 PM
thank you soooo much!!

:)How many boxss do you want??

Husky_mom
12-02-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks!!... I don´t know... maybe a couple bars.. not sure how much is the box... 10 dlls worth of them perhaps....

maybe this much...:confused::D

lvpets2002
12-02-2008, 03:33 PM
maybe this much...:confused::D

Ok I will check on how much to a pkg & the $$..

Medusa
12-03-2008, 06:54 AM
There is a candy store here in little ol' Canal Fulton that makes their own turtles, etc. She's won awards every year for her candy. Once you taste her turtles, you'll never go back to Nestle's. I'll stop by her shop tomorrow and check out some prices for you, if you like, since I have to order my Xmas candy anyhow. Can you PM me your address? :)

lvpets2002
12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
:) Yes Isabel the cheapest I found a box of Turtle Candy for was $11.99 US Dollars.. And the price goes up & up.. So let me know what you want & or is Mary Medusa sending you some candy??

Husky_mom
12-03-2008, 11:50 AM
oh man... what to do what to do...:p... I´ll wait to see Medusa´s offer prices... but I´m so tempted to take up both offers :p...

I´ll let you both know....thanks!!

Lilith Cherry
12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
You could try making some if you feel like it! Just put them in a pretty box or jar for a gift!

CANDY TURTLES

1/2 lb. (25) soft caramels
1 1/4 c. pecan halves
2 tbsp. heavy cream
4 sq. semi-sweet chocolate

Melt caramels with cream over hot water. Remove and cool for 20 minutes. Arrange nuts in groups of three (one for the head and two for legs) on lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon melted mix over nuts, leaving tips showing. Let stand 30 minutes. Melt chocolate over hot water. Remove and stir until smooth. Cool; spread over caramel. Do not cover nut tips.

Taz_Zoee
12-03-2008, 05:52 PM
You could try making some if you feel like it! Just put them in a pretty box or jar for a gift!

CANDY TURTLES

1/2 lb. (25) soft caramels
1 1/4 c. pecan halves
2 tbsp. heavy cream
4 sq. semi-sweet chocolate

Melt caramels with cream over hot water. Remove and cool for 20 minutes. Arrange nuts in groups of three (one for the head and two for legs) on lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon melted mix over nuts, leaving tips showing. Let stand 30 minutes. Melt chocolate over hot water. Remove and stir until smooth. Cool; spread over caramel. Do not cover nut tips.

Wow, I might try this. It sounds so simple. :D

I checked at a drug store this morning and they did not carry them. I'll still check out other stores I visit. :)

Lilith Cherry
12-04-2008, 08:24 AM
If you want you can use a microwave to melt the chocolate and the caramels but be careful not use too high a setting:)

I made them last year and really enjoyed them!

Husky_mom
12-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I´m definately not a cooking gal.. LOL.. but this sounds easy to do...

just one Q... what is heavy cream?.. what kind?...

jennielynn1970
12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Heavy cream should be in the milk section, by the half and half and light cream. They also might call it whipping cream. It's the really fatty stuff that whips up to whipped cream! YUM!

lvpets2002
12-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Heavy cream should be in the milk section, by the half and half and light cream. They also might call it whipping cream. It's the really fatty stuff that whips up to whipped cream! YUM!

:) Thanks alot Jenn my hipps just gained a pound from thinking about it..:D

sirrahbed
12-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I bought the fixings today to make these from that recipe Lilith Cherry. DeMets Turtles are my dad's favorite candy and I send him some every year. This year I will surprise him with homemade:D

HuskyMom - hope you can get these candies that you want for that gift - if not I suspect many of us will be trying to make our own!

Husky_mom
12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I suspect many of us will be trying to make our own!

and I think you are so right...:D ... it must be the Christmas spirit rising in us...and the fact it´s soooo easy... (at least it sound like :p)