PDA

View Full Version : Stepping out of the box into the unknown

NicoleLJ
12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
And it is scaringing me beyond words. Sheena and I are headed to school. You heard right. We are headed to college. It is the only way for me to get an education in something to be able to support the kids on my own. Hopefully I quallify for some grants and bursaries that will help me get through because Aish won't be enough. But I will get there.

I am going for Eary Childhood Education so I can run a daycare from my home. 2 or 3 children would be enough without going over the allowed amount of mony we can make and still be on Aish.

I am taking the course as a 4 year course instead of a 2 year one. THis way I can go to school in the morning and do my therapy in the afternoon and be with my kids in the evening. In 4 years I should be ready to run a day home. I hope. I start in January if all works out and the grants come through. SO please wish me and Sheena luck. I am terrified. Sheena most likely sees it as another adventure.

Grace
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Prayers and good thoughts winging northward.

Take your cues from Sheena and look at it as just another of life's adventures. :)

Karen
12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Good luck, and don't be scared - this is a great step in a new direction. Not only that, you will be setting an excellent example for your children, and can inspire others as well.

Catty1
12-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Nicole, this is terrific! :)

You are breaking out of the mold of your past - and your children will have a happier and healthier childhood because of it. You are getting professional help and education which no one in your family appears to ever have done. This is a huge gift for your children; they will go on to raise healthier families, if that is what they choose to do.

Courage means being afraid and doing it anyway!

And you have tons of courage.

HUGS and I hope all the grants come through! :love::)

Daisy and Delilah
12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Best wishes Nicole. I did the same thing many years ago and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. You'll get to meet lots of new people and a whole new world will open up to you. Sheena will also love it. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

RedHedd
12-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Congratulations! If the grants fall through, don't forget about scholarships - so many go unused. Just ask your college - they have lists that you can apply to. It's never too late to learn; when we stop learning, we stop living, so GO FOR IT!

K9karen
12-01-2008, 11:03 PM
What a smart idea! See? It sounds like you're starting to get things under YOUR control. I think the timing of the classes will fit your schedule perfectly!

A gazillion wishes for good luck, and good grades!

sparks19
12-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Good luck

Good for you for applying yourself and going out there to improve yourself and your situation.

We are all behind you and we are supporting you.

(((HUGS)))

Cookiebaker
12-02-2008, 07:43 AM
The hardest part is the first day. Once you make it through that first day, it will get easier and easier. Best of luck!!! :)

Cataholic
12-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Congratulations on one of the absolute best investments one can ever make- in yourself! I don't know your age (and I am not asking) but, I found going back to school "later in life" was WAY simpler than going straight out of high school. I truly felt law school was easier for me than undergrad. Go figure.

Anyway- do it, one day at a time, and you will never regret it!

emily_the_spoiled
12-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Congratulations! You have made the best decision. It maybe tought at times, but remember you are doing this for both you and your children. You are also setting a great example for your kids and you will not regret it. I went back to school (twice) as a "mature" student and I have never regretted either time.

gini
12-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I think all of us are so darned proud of you and admire you for your courage. We are behind you 100% - and you are making excellent decisions for your future and the futures of your children.

God Speed!!!