PDA

View Full Version : Obama's choices

Marigold2
12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Today Hillary Clinton was named as S.O.State, what a great choice. :D

sasvermont
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
So far, so good.

I surely hope Obama can get this economy headed in a better direction. It is going to take more than a few good people, to change things dramatically.

I have always like Hilary and was happy to see the hatchet got buried some place other than in each other. (Obama v Clinton, in the primary).

:)

Marigold2
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Yes, she has a lot of experience and a lot of friends throughout the world. Leaders in many countries respect her intelligence and her achivements. I think even with the stockmarket being so volatile this will help. Obama is trying hard to bridge the gap between the left and right.
So far, so good.

K9karen
12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Today Hillary Clinton was named as S.O.State, what a great choice. :D

I think so too.

blue
12-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Article 1, section 6, second clause. Link. (http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec6)

No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.

Lady's Human
12-02-2008, 02:53 AM
All that means is that to be nominated officially (which hasn't happened yet, as Sen. Obama hasn't been sworn in as President) Sen. Clinton has to step down from the office of Senator of New York prior to appointment.

blue
12-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks LH, the Tinfoil hat crowd had me going last night.