PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about adopting

Sugaree
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I've been thinking about adopting another kitty to keep Wally company. Does anyone have any thoughts on what would be best for a companion for him regarding sex and age? He hasn't been around other cats since i've had him but he loves kids and doesn't have a big problem with dogs. He's a little over a year and i think it's time for him to have a brother or sister. Any thoughts?

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I think that either another male or a female would be good. It all depends on the cats personality. You don't want 2 cats that want to be the alpha or top cat because then you'll have fighting problems and this can also lead to spraying or territorial problems.

From my own experience, I've found that by adopting a younger cat then it's less of a threat to the original cat but you don't always know a younger cats true personality like you would an older cat.

The main thing to also keep in mind is to introduce them slowly and to always make sure that your original cat still gets lots of attention. I'm sure that you'll do just fine. Good luck.:)

catmandu
11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
:love: THE MAIN THING IS THAT YOU FIND A CAT WHO SEEMS FRIENDLY, AND A CAT ABOUT WALLYS AGE WOULD BE FINE, MAYBE A LITTLE OLDER,
AND PATIENCE IS THE MAIN THING.
POUNCER THE FIRST CAT:cool::cool::cool: AND MR SCRAPPY :D:D:DTHE SUPER CAT FOUGHT FOR THE FIRST MONTH UNTIL I WAS READY TO TAKE MR SCRAPPY BACK.
THANK OUR ALL MIGHTY LORD ABOVE I DIDNT AS THEY BECAME MY DAMON AND PYTHIAS CATS, AND ARE A WONDERFUL CAT COUPLE FURREVER WITH THE ANIMAL ANGEL ARMY.:love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1529.jpg