PDA

View Full Version : worst christmas song?

davidpizzica
11-28-2008, 10:35 PM
We already have a "favorite Christmas song " thread, so I was wondering if anyone had a candidate for the worst song. Mine would definitely be "Santa Baby" because that song doesn't have an ounce of Christmas spirit in it. I also don't like the voice of the person who sang it.

moosmom
11-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Jingle Bells barked by dogs. VERY annoying.

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Any standard where they change the lyrics to hawk a product.

That really irks me.

Lady's Human
11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Bruce Springsteen Santa Clause is comin' to town.

Makes me want to rip the plug to the radio out of the wall.

Freedom
11-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

Ugh.

I've always taken Santa Baby as a "tongue in cheek" type song, to remind us of the point!

Daisy and Delilah
11-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Ugh.

That's my pick too. The song is supposed to be funny but I just can't laugh at it.:(

pomtzu
11-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Jingle Bells barked by dogs. VERY annoying.

I agree 100%. That has to be the very worst!

AdoreMyDogs
11-29-2008, 10:19 AM

Ugh.

I've always taken Santa Baby as a "tongue in cheek" type song, to remind us of the point!

Totally agree. I absolutely can't STAND "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer". It is a horrible song in every single way.

shepgirl
11-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Agreed Moonsmom...barking dogs for a Christmas song is more than annoying, it grates on my nerves.

moosmom
11-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Actually, ANY ANIMAL doing the "jingle bells" song is annoying.

RICHARD,

I share your pain bro!!

Nomilynn
11-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I pretty much dislike any version of the 12 days of Christmas. Don't know why.. just don't like it.

I don't like "Grandma got run over.." either. However, the little cartoon about it is actually quite cute.

Suki Wingy
11-29-2008, 01:27 PM
The hands down worst are what sound like midi sound files being blasted over the Hobby Lobby. It's like someone took good Christmas songs and made them into horrible, horrible musak.

I actually own a Jingle Cats CD. :o

cassiesmom
11-29-2008, 01:27 PM
"You're a mean one, Mister Grinch" -- help me understand what that has to do with Christmas.

Madonna's version of "Santa Baby". I love Eartha Kitt's mid-'50s original version; it's slinky and a little bit nasty. Madonna's version is too boop-boo-pa-doo cutesy for me.

One of the radio stations in Chicago started doing 24x7 Christmas music over a week ago -- I'm just not ready for it yet. I can take it for a song or two and then I have to change the channel.

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Just saw the stupid commercial about the computers where the people are singing and the guy does the off key part of the song.

God I want to kick my TV. I hate the GARMIN commercial from last year. I heard it again recently, GIVE A GIVE A GIVE A GARMIN......

And the worst thing is when I hear the GD commercial it sticks in my mind.

UGH!!!!!!!

moosmom
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Lady's Human,

Oops, too late! I now have one torn out electrical socket.

We've already had complaints at the store about the Muzak playing. One person complained about it, the other one complained about us turning it off to please the other customer saying she was just enjoying it.

Just goes to show you...ya can't please everyone. I'm keeping track of it in a journal and will post about the retail nightmares once the holiday season is over with.

Ho ho ho

jennielynn1970
11-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Between Santa Baby, and Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is coming to town... I don't know which one makes me want to vomit more.

rosethecopycat
11-29-2008, 05:36 PM

That really irks me.

examples please.....

rosethecopycat
11-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Do they know it's Christmastime?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU0qABiIg4A

Another slice of Christmas guilt, anyone?

And, a note to Cold Play:

Just because a song exists doesn't mean you should try to sing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOpT8vsloeA

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
examples please.....

The Garmin commercial, Give me a few days and I'll have a list for you,
I turn the channel when they come on!

Catlady711
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Bruce Springsteen Santa Clause is comin' to town.

Makes me want to rip the plug to the radio out of the wall.

I second that!!!

catland
11-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I actully like the Bruce Springsteen song :eek:

There is a great rendition of "baby it's cold outside" with Tom Jones. Because of this, I absolutlly HATE any one else's version of that song.

Trinityagain
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Same Old Lang Syne...who decided that was a Christmas song?

RICHARD
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Two, so far.
One is a Bacardi commercial and the other is a Dell computer commercial.

Karen
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Wal*Mart's co-opting of the "Carol of the Bells" has pushed it over into the category of songs I'd rather not hear/ring/sing again. Unfortunately, we are singing it this year. Sigh.

prechrswife
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Add me to the "Santa Baby" list. I really do not like that song.

Suki Wingy
12-02-2008, 12:32 AM
I bet you guys would hate my one of my favorite Christmas songs, Oi To The World by No Doubt.

smokey the elder
12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
The way "Carol of the Bells" gets used for about 50% of Christmas commercials, with butchered words. Talk about taking a beautiful song and turning it into a horrible earworm.:eek::p

cassiesmom
12-14-2008, 07:31 PM
New nominee for my least favorite Christmas song: "I Want A Hippopotamus".

Suki wingy, I like Hobby Lobby's Christmas music!

I have been hearing Bob Seger's version of "The Little Drummer Boy" a lot lately. There are two stations in Chicago doing 24x7 Christmas music (competing networks) and between them, this song is played a lot. It's not my pick for worst Christmas song -- I like it! -- but I wish they would set it aside for a couple days, not play it and then come back to it.

There has been a series of TV spots for Carson Pirie Scott --- "give joy, give joy" that is also starting to grate at me because it's constantly running! No, not again!

Husky_mom
12-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I pretty much donīt like Christmas songs at all.. they get soooo annoying... but I do like when they rock em up.. LOL

just now thereīs this ad for a department store with "All I want for Christmas is You".. and i really like the outcome/voice/rythm... Iīve been so trying to get it recorded to my cellphone.. hehe...

and last year there was a Coca Cola one.. with.......arrrgg.... i forgot!!... but it was a rocked up song.. very nice... IMO...

3Catcondo
12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I have to agree with Cassiesmom, I cannot stand "I want a hippopotamus" or the figgie pudding song. they both really get on my nerves. :p

Medusa
12-15-2008, 06:36 PM

That really irks me.

I'm w/you, Richard, especially if it's the Twelve Days of Christmas.