PDA

View Full Version : Jo needs help

JosMom
11-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi all... my best friend needs help. He needs to be "fixed" and all the organizations near me are unaffordable by me. I can't bear to give him up now that he is a part of me. He is always there for me when I get home from work, and loves me unconditionally. Any suggestions?! :confused:

Karen
11-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Where are you located? Are there any veterinary school near you? Have you called local places to see if they can work out a payment plan with you?

moosmom
11-28-2008, 10:40 PM
If you live in CT, you can call 1-888-FOR-TEAM. It's a van that goes around the state spaying/neutering cats for $78. I can get you a spay/neuter voucher good at Colchester Veterinary Hospital. Let me know if I can help.

columbine
11-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Try neuterspay.org (http://neuterspay.org/) - it has a search by location for affordable spay/neuter services.

Love, Columbine

moosmom
11-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks Columbine!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-29-2008, 01:52 PM
www.friendsofanimals.org

You can get a certificate mailed for cheap I believe.

Look at the right hand side, type in your zip code. Then you will get an email with prices.

Freedom
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Check with your state law; a phone call to any vet office can help you. In most states, the cat has to be a certain age before the neuter can be done; as long as Jo is younger, you don't have to rush. Here in my state, they must be neutered (or spayed if a female) by 6 months old. And not before . . . 12 weeks, I think. Haven't had to do that in a while, lol.

Don't forget you will need a rabies shot for him as well. I believe that is required in all states now. Anything else is optional, but does depend on your state.

catmandu
11-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I KNOW THAT THE ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION WILL HELP, AND THE SPCA WILL AS WELL AS LONG AS YOU GUARANTEE IN WRITING THAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR NEW FRIEND.
GOOD LUCK IN FINDING A WAY TO MAKE THAT EX STRAY YOUR DEAR COMPANION.:love::love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1499.jpg
AND A LOVE :love:THAT WILL LAST FOR YEARS AND YEARS.:love::love::love: