PDA

View Full Version : I am certainly not "down" with this!

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I pulled out my cold weather clothing, sweats, sweat shirts, socks and my down jacket because the weather has cooled down a bit lately.

IT's not really my jacket, it's Ed's down jacket.

The first day/night I spread it out to get it fluffed and smelling fresh again someone pulled a 5 hour nap-a-thon on it, which was kind of cool.

It has the international/blaze orange inner liner and I could find the cat IMMEDIATELY when I walked into the room. So now I just have to make my bed, then put out the cats's jacket so he has a nice warm spot to sleep on.;)

catmandu
11-28-2008, 03:49 PM
OF COURSE EVEYTHING BELONGS TO ED IN YOUR HOUSE THATS THE UNWRITTEN LAW OF THE CATS.
MINE , MINE MINE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1462.jpg
AND WE MAY SHARE , OR NOT IF WE FEEL LIKE IT.

Barbara
11-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I had no idea you had down jackets there. We have snow and it's freezing and I am wearing my down coat now. When I left it on the sofa in no time Tigris was sitting on top of it.

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I had no idea you had down jackets there. We have snow and it's freezing and I am wearing my down coat now. When I left it on the sofa in no time Tigris was sitting on top of it.

:) Yes we do!

MY old GF had a wonderful down mattress cover that the cat's would always pee on!

This jacket used to have a nylon loop at the collar thay I used to hang it on a coat hook, it disappeared after a weekend at her house. She had two cats that knew what happened to it, but would never tell!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=61738&highlight=Down%2C+jacket%2C

Barbara
11-28-2008, 04:30 PM
That's fun..... so there is an international cat conspiracy against down jackets :D

Reachoutrescue
11-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I want a down jacket! LOL....I bet your cat was purrrty comfy on that warm jacket!! I read the other post about your missing nylon loop....too funny!!

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I want a down jacket! LOL....I bet your cat was purrrty comfy on that warm jacket!! I read the other post about your missing nylon loop....too funny!!

I had three that are the 'bargain' North Face models- I lost one once because I was stupid- But they have served the purpose and have been worth every penny.

The best time to purchase is at the end of winter. Go to a mountain shop and check out the models and makers you like and wait for a sale.

Here's a hint about getting a good deal.

Any jacket with a print or some kind of color will be a seasonal model. They design them for the coming year and liquidate them when the season is over.
The single color jackets are the base models that don;t go out of style.

Get a jacket with a heavy shell/outer fabric. The heavier the fabric the better idt will resist tears.

Buy a jacket one size larger. You can wear a sweater or sweat shirt under when you need to stay warm.

A jacket with a snap on/zip on hood is cool, you can remove it when you don't need it and can use the hood as a hand warmer in a pinch.

One great feature about the jackets that I own is that they have four pockets- the chest pockets and upper arm pockets on other models are nice if you carry alot of stuff.

These pockets are waist level and have two on each side, the hand warmer slit is vertical and good for keeping your hands warm, over that there is a pocket with a velcro flap that covers a horizontal opening. Up can put stuff in there and be certain that your stuff won't fall out.

There are other features that make a jacket more useful if you do use one in extreme weather, such as the way the down baffles are constructed and the type of down used. Also the prices go higher when you get into the more waterproof materials like Goretex.

Good luck finding one you like.

jennielynn1970
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a down comforter/duvet that I put on my bed this winter. Well, if I want to make sure that I have a place to sleep at night, I have to make sure that the door of my bedroom is closed after I feed the cats dinner. Otherwise, when I go to bed, I have no place to sleep because there are normally 6 cats on it at all different areas taking up all the space!

Don Juan's mom
11-28-2008, 08:30 PM
I wonder if it's a combination of the comfy down and the favorite human's scent.

Liz

karyn674
11-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Here we do not need all those layers, this year it was raining a lot and very windy. My chilly plant is in a mess!!!! And yesterday I found one too many plants knoked on the floor!

Never been to a cold country before (just one time in London in February and it was biting cold) but in Dec after christmas in off to Munich.......hmmmm! I think I need my whole wordrobe on wheels!!!!!

orangemm
11-29-2008, 06:10 AM
As Ed would say, "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine".:D

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 03:18 PM
As Ed would say, "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine".:D

That's why I have two jackets!

Rule 12 from the Cat's Owner Manual.

A cat can only occupy one area/bed/piece of clothing at a time.
plan accordingly.:D