PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart worker dies during Black Friday.

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2008, 01:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death

I think this is such a pity, and every year Black Friday is just getting worse. :(

Daisy and Delilah
11-28-2008, 02:13 PM
This is so tragic. What will it take for people to see how ridiculous this shopping frenzy is? How far the commercialization of Christmas has gone? There is nothing anywhere that would make me need to act that crazy just to buy something on sale. True insanity!!:(:mad::(

Rest in Peace Poor Man:(

MoonandBean
11-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Sick. It's almost like people "think" they are supposed to act this way and so they do :confused: You couldn't pay me to go anywhere near the stores on this hyped up day.

AllAmericanPUP
11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Man people are truly sick.
I have never gone out for black friday sells...no matter how cheap the stuff is, it's not worth it at all

pomtzu
11-28-2008, 02:30 PM
How very tragic indeed. I refuse to be part of Black Friday Madness - my life is worth more to me than getting a great bargain. It just seems to get worse every year - and I shop more on line every year also.

My sympathies go out to that poor man's family! RIP Sir!

elizabethann
11-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Such a sad story.

Catlady711
11-28-2008, 04:34 PM
There used to be a time that stores did not open until regular business hours regardless of the black friday thing. To boot, it used to be illegal to be on private store property when the store was closed. If they had just stuck to both of those things it 'might' have prevented this horrible thing from happening.

Just goes to show that thousands of people value STUFF more than PEOPLE.

I feel sorry for the families of the person that died and also for those that were injured and their families as well.

jennielynn1970
11-28-2008, 05:08 PM
How tragic! And he wasn't even a regular employee, just a from a temp agency.

People are behaving more and more like animals. It's just sad.

I avoid Black Friday sales and the malls like a plague. You couldn't pay me to do shopping at this time of year.

shepgirl
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
First time I hear about Black Friday. We don't have that here and after reading this I hope we never do.

Emeraldgreen
11-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Complete madness. :( All in the name of 'things'. Those people must be giving their heads a shake, wondering how things got so out of control.

critter crazy
11-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Uggghhhh..I realy wish they would do away with Black Friday!! When I worked for Wal-Mart many years ago, I had to work Black Friday when I was 8 months pregnant! not a good time, people do not care! they are mean and rude,a nd very pushy! Peoples manners go out the window! Our manager got bruised ribs, when the door lock stuck, and the one door wouldnt open, people just shoved him out of the way!:rolleyes:

Alysser
11-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I heard this and was stunned, I believe a pregnan women was also trampled and her baby miscarried because of it, I could be wrong. It's so stupid, over a sale? What's the fascination? I never understood why today is such a big deal to people, I wanted to go to the mall today, but am now glad I didn't. It seems now going shopping you must fear for your life!

sumbirdy
11-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I have never went out on Black Friday. I prefer to do my Christmas shopping as far away from Christmas as possible. Wednesday I had to go to Wal Mart for dog food and last minute groceries, it was real busy then and took forever to check out (even though I was in the 20 items or less lane) I can just imagine what it would look like on Black Friday.

That poor man. :( I feel for his family. It's astonishing how greedy some people can be.

Zippy
11-28-2008, 11:25 PM
That's horriable.I can't believe that people would do that.They killed someone just so they would save a few bucks on a new t.v. or camera.

AdoreMyDogs
11-29-2008, 10:30 AM
The worst part is that it will be near impossible to prosecute for this barbaric crime. In a crowd of 2,000 "animals", how do you prosecute for this? You just can't. His family will never get the justice they deserve for the death of their family member. I'm sickened and ashamed of all those animals.

And a pregnant woman DID get trampled, she was 8 months pregnant, and she and baby are said to be fine. Someone mentioned the baby was miscarried, but as far as I read, mom and baby are fine, just bruised and battered.

RipplingWaves55
12-02-2008, 05:51 AM
heard that two people killed eachother at the same time in a CA shop.