PDA

View Full Version : Shoppers Gone Wild

lizbud
11-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Be careful out there. People going crazy for bargains.:eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27955316/

K9soul
11-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I've heard about some of this.. it's really sickening and disturbing.. hard to fathom how people can become such a mindless mob. :( My prayers go out to the families.

Twisterdog
11-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I read this article and it honestly made me feel physically ill.

What is wrong with people??

People died ... over stuff.

God help the human race.

caseysmom
11-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't get the whole black Friday thing, you have 50 items and hundreds of folks fighting over it...who would want to take part in that?

Reachoutrescue
11-28-2008, 12:43 PM

God help the human race.

I could not have said it better myself. What a sad day for humanity. This is why I DO NOT go shopping the day after Thanksgiving...I'm little...I don't want to take that fatal chance. I pray for the man who lost his life at his job, as well as that poor lady and her unborn baby. So sad.

Taz_Zoee
I don't get the whole black Friday thing, you have 50 items and hundreds of folks fighting over it...who would want to take part in that?

I am with you on this!! I NEVER go out shopping on Black Friday. My SIL and nieces are actually taking my mom out. I asked her (my mom) if she was crazy! I don't even want to go to the grocery store today. LOL

ETA: Just read the story. That is horrible! 34 years old. :( Add this to the LONG list of reasons I do not shop at Wal-Mart.

momoffuzzyfaces
I hate to even go grocery shopping from now until after the first of the year!!!
:(

I buy very few gifts from local stores because I hate the crowds. I order them on line through the year. :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I just commented to the other thread on this.

What is wrong with people for sure??? How did we get to this point over Christmas buying? No one even noticed this poor young man trying to make a living. How can anyone be so consumed with the need for a bargain? It makes me sick.

Cindy, You're so right......another great reason why I refuse to walk in Wal-Mart anymore!!:mad:

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Two people just got shot inside a Toys "R" Us here in El Lay!

Tis the season!:rolleyes:

-------

Look at the ad in the story, "Shop Boldly"!

I guess closing the store for the day was out of the question?

What would Sam Walton do?

"I've been waiting since yesterday!" When you should have been spending time with your family, you AH.

---------

BLACK FRIDAY-Steely Dan

When Black Friday comes
I'll stand down by the door
And catch the grey men when they
Dive from the fourteenth floor

When Black Friday comes
I'll collect everything I'm owed
And before my friends find out
I'll be on the road

When Black Friday falls you know it's got to be
Don't let it fall on me

When Black Friday comes
I'll fly down to Muswellbrook
Gonna strike all the big red words
From my little black book
Gonna do just what I please
Gonna wear no socks and shoes
With nothing to do but feed
All the kangaroos

When Black Friday comes I'll be on that hill
You know I will

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it 'til
I satisfy my soul
Gonna let the world pass by me
The Archbishop's gonna sanctify me
And if he don't come across
I'm gonna let it roll

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna stake my claim
I'll guess I'll change my name

Freedom
11-28-2008, 03:54 PM

God help the human race.

Agreed.

lizbud
11-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I think I found an answer (or one answer) to all this crazyness.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mob-mentality.htm

K9soul
11-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I think I found an answer (or one answer) to all this crazyness.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mob-mentality.htm

We really studied some of this in depth in my abnormal psych class in college and some of it I've never forgotten. Along with how "normal" people end up doing heinous things when ordered to by authority, i.e. Hitler and Nazi Germany. People aren't as immune to some of these base instincts as they may think. It's not so much that those people in the crowd thought that their stuff was more important than a person, but more a triggered instinctual reaction to keep up/not get left out sort of thing. By no means is it an excuse, but more an explanation of how such things can happen. I can bet you that most/all those people in that crowd, were they asked before the incident if they would join in trampling someone to death in order to get a bargain, would have answered absolutely not. It is still hard to understand, however. It is a horrific and haunting event.

blue
11-29-2008, 07:34 PM
We are in danger of becoming a Brutaly Materialistic society.

lizbud
11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
This is probably a coincedience, but I've seen this anti Walmart ad on TV.
They are running it on all stations. These people want to shut down Walmart.

http://wakeupwalmart.com/

Lady's Human
11-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry, that site is really reaching on some of it's points. Wal Mart is jeopordizing port security by importing too many containers?

LMAO!

smokey the elder
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
There was a concept that I read on cracked.com (of all places) called the "monkeysphere". The nutshell version is that very few people are "close" to any given human being, and this is found in primate tribes (hence the term, "monkeysphere".) Sure explains a lot of inexplicable human behavior, IMO.