PDA

View Full Version : Is Mr. Clean gay???

moosmom
11-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Maybe this is a really dumb question, but I was watching a Mr. Clean commercial and noticed he has an earring in his right eat. I was told that if it's in the right ear, that's a sign the person is gay. It's not a big deal, I'm just curious.

Anyone care to answer?

Vela
11-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Well I don't beleive that to be true personally, the earring thing, but he's really only worried about how clean your house is. Being that he's fictitous, I don't think he has a sexual preference, he's just a clean freak.

moosmom
11-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Vela,

You're absolutely right. Thanks for clarifying that. I LOVE Mr. Clean's Magic Sponges!! I use them at work on the counters and they (the counters that is) sparkle once I'm finished.

Vela
11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Hahah actually I do use those, they work really well!

Reachoutrescue
11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
This thread is too funny....when I was a kid, I asked my mom if Mr. Clean was gay because he wore an earring in the "wrong" ear....me being like 10....didn't know any better! My mom replied by saying "I don't think he is a 'real' person, if he was he would be the perfect maid"! That was her answer...not the best I admit, but hey it stopped me from wondering!

I, too, LOVE the magic sponges....they work totally awesome!!

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 02:51 PM
This is one of the most insensitive threads I have seen in the Dog House.

Anyone could figure out the a man who spends most of his time in the kitchen with Mrs. Cubbison, Mrs. Butterworth and Betty Crocker is the farthest thing from being "GAY".

I pegged him as an adulterer or a pimp daddy.:eek:

moosmom
11-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh RICHARD, I KNEW I could count on you to chime in!!!

I vote for Pimp Daddy, how about you??

Karen
11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Now now, Richard, men and women can be friends, you know.

I think Mr. Clean the character was drawn long before anyone decided which ear was the "correct" ear in which a straight man could place an earring.

moosmom
11-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I've seen guys with both ears pierced. What does that mean? The they swing both ways????:p:rolleyes:

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Now now, Richard, men and women can be friends, you know.

I think Mr. Clean the character was drawn long before anyone decided which ear was the "correct" ear in which a straight man could place an earring.

True, thank goodness no one brought up the Gorton's fisherman....

But, why is Sara Lee being so quiet?

And why is the Clabber Girl still hiding in the cupboard?:confused:

K9soul
11-28-2008, 03:14 PM
True, thank goodness no one brought up the Gorton's fisherman....

LOL. This thread has hit me so funny.

Medusa
11-28-2008, 04:04 PM

Because they're having a threesome w/the Sunmaid Raisin Maiden.

kitten645
11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
:)This thread is funny. It reminded me of a cocktail napkin I saw. It said:
"By the looks of your home, you could use a homo!" Mr. Clean to the rescue!
I thought I'd read somewhere that he was based on a real "model"

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Aw come on!

I can see some touchy feely stuff in the kitchen, but nothing like what you suspect may be happening with the SR Maiden.

Mrs. Paul's blood would freeze at the thought!

Karen
11-28-2008, 04:36 PM
You know, I just looked at the Mr. Clean logo, and his earring is in his left ear ... he's facing us, so it is on his left ear, but our right side.

K9soul
11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
You know, I just looked at the Mr. Clean logo, and his earring is in his left ear ... he's facing us, so it is on his left ear, but our right side.

Well I know now I'll be able to sleep easier, what a relief :p. Thanks for getting to the bottom of that Karen :D.

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 05:18 PM
I was just washing some dishes and I ran into the Chore Girl.

She and the Old Dutch Cleaning woman wanted to tell me something about Mr Clean.

Medusa
11-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Aw come on!

I can see some touchy feely stuff in the kitchen, but nothing like what you suspect may be happening with the SR Maiden.

Mrs. Paul's blood would freeze at the thought!

She's too busy gettin' it on w/the Morton's salt chick under her umbrella.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
:)This thread is funny. It reminded me of a cocktail napkin I saw. It said:
"By the looks of your home, you could use a homo!" Mr. Clean to the rescue!
I thought I'd read somewhere that he was based on a real "model"

I saw just a couple of weeks ago that the man who was the model for Mr. Clean recently died. He was in his 80s I believe. :)

Catty1
11-28-2008, 08:54 PM
"...but nobody does it like Sara Lee...." ;):D

Emeraldgreen
11-28-2008, 10:03 PM
From what I heard, Mr. Clean originally got together with Swiss Miss but when Mr. Christie caught them together and then found out that the Pillsbury dough boy wasn't actually 'his' son, he completely flipped out and hired Captain Highliner to kidnap Clean who then made him walk the plank. No one has seen him since. ;)

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 12:17 AM
All you all are in trouble.

Uncle Ben and Mama Celeste just showed up and they are mad at what's going on.:eek:

Medusa
11-29-2008, 06:51 AM
All you all are in trouble.

Uncle Ben and Mama Celeste just showed up and they are mad at what's going on.:eek:

Well, you think they're mad now, wait 'til they find out that the Doublemint twins got in on the action!

IRescue452
11-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Mr. Clean was modeled after a US Navy sailor, need I say more.

However, Mr. Clean has been around decades longer than the [now outdated] 80's earring thing about where to properly wear an earring.

moosmom
11-29-2008, 10:35 AM
I love where this thread is going. I'm LMAO reading the posts!!!

Medusa
11-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I love where this thread is going. I'm LMAO reading the posts!!!

Well, you started it, ya little dirty ol' lady. ;)

moosmom
11-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, you started it, ya little dirty ol' lady

That's me and I'm DANG WELL PROUD OF IT!!!:p

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
hahahahahaha,

Aunt Jemima is here and wants one of you to go pull a switch off the tree in the back-

She's tired of all this mean spirited talk in the kitchen. She says that it's no place for that kind of behavior.:eek:

Medusa
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
hahahahahaha,

Aunt Jemima is here and wants one of you to go pull a switch off the tree in the back-

She's tired of all this mean spirited talk in the kitchen. She says that it's no place for that kind of behavior.:eek:

Mrs. Butterworth is gonna kick Aunt Jemima's a$$. ;)

moosmom
11-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Right on Medusa!!!

smokey the elder
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I always thought Mr. Clean was hot.:D

DrKym
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
sigh.....and just when I thought it was was safe to reveal things about me and the ti-D-Bowl man.........................

gini
12-02-2008, 12:10 AM
This entire thread just cracks me up!!

Medusa
12-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Manners the Butler would just die if he read this thread. (For those of you who weren't born in the Dark Ages as I was, he did a commercial for napkins.)

Moesha
12-02-2008, 07:49 AM
I wonder what the Gorton's fisherman will think of all of this when he hears of this scandalous talk!

caseysmom
12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I always thought Mr. Clean was hot.:D

I prefer the brawny dude:D

Medusa
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I wonder what the Gorton's fisherman will think of all of this when he hears of this scandalous talk!

He's been at sea for quite some time, so he and Mrs. Paul will probably be busy for a while. Sure hope her husband doesn't find out.

gini
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
He's been at sea for quite some time, so he and Mrs. Paul will probably be busy for a while. Sure hope her husband doesn't find out.

I always thought something fishy was going on there between them!!
(groan!!)

slick
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I stopped off at Safeway on my way home from work yesterday to pick up some windex. As I was browsing the shelves I came across Mr. Clean and burst out laughing. I looked like a fool. :o Thanks Pet Talk. :D:D

gini
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I stopped off at Safeway on my way home from work yesterday to pick up some windex. As I was browsing the shelves I came across Mr. Clean and burst out laughing. I looked like a fool. :o Thanks Pet Talk. :D:D

Well, didya ask him? Is he?

slick
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, didya ask him? Is he? Yeah, I asked him but he kept it all bottled up inside.......:D

gini
12-10-2008, 08:37 PM
:D:D:D

Did you see the ad at the beginning of this thread?

moosmom
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
OMG you guys! You're making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard!!!

slick
12-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh, oh......news flash. I just heard that Mr. Clean was bagged by the Man from Glad. Could it be????? :D;)

gini
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, no wonder he is Glad!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm still in awe that it matters at all to anyone if a cartoon character is gay or not! As long as he does his job, isn't that what should matter? :D:D

lvpets2002
12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
:) Thank you & my thoughts as well.. Well you can never tell about anyone anymore of there sex preff.. Men wear earrings in one ear & both ears.. I always thought that was for females but not no more..
I'm still in awe that it matters at all to anyone if a cartoon character is gay or not! As long as he does his job, isn't that what should matter? :D:D

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
:eek:I just saw Mrs. Dash in the kitchen.

She is a spicy wench!:D

pomtzu
05-30-2009, 06:34 PM
:eek:I just saw Mrs. Dash in the kitchen.

She is a spicy wench!:D

She was probably messing around wth Adolph's Meat Tenderizer.:eek:

aTailOf2Kitties
05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
y'all just aint right..... but you ARE funny! Not sure why Richard keeps digging up old threads lately but I'm glad he revived this one. Anyone noticed that the Mattress Giant guy looks just like Mr Clean? Is the mattress guy even around anymore?:confused:

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 07:43 PM
y'all just aint right..... but you ARE funny! Not sure why Richard keeps digging up old threads lately but I'm glad he revived this one. Anyone noticed that the Mattress Giant guy looks just like Mr Clean? Is the mattress guy even around anymore?:confused:

One thing about being a member of PT.....You can be sitting or out doing something and all of a sudden...

BOOM!

You see something that makes you laugh and remember something you saw here and it's way too precious to pass up.

There was the egg thread-Tubby and Peanut's Mom posted a thread about boiling an egg....Now? I cannot start to cook an egg without remembering that thread. I saw a teacher from England who had some 'naughty' pics pilfered from her laptop...I think about Kitteh Purrno!

------------------------

I, like Slick posted, find my self in situations where I start to laugh like a fool-of course, the Slickster is way more refined than I- and it's all about a PT thread that I have seen!

Sometimes the old way isn't too bad!:eek::confused:

There are tons of other threads that strike a chord with us and make us go totally bonkers.

aTailOf2Kitties
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
well since I wasn't here the first time around for most of these, keep the "epic laugh-fests" comin'

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
well since I wasn't here the first time around for most of these, keep the "epic laugh-fests" comin'

OH, sorry!

The are worth revisiting!

Laura's Babies
05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
This whole thread has had me laughing so hard... but THIS made me fall out of the chair

but nobody does it like Sara Lee

I will never walk by the frozen deserts in the store without remembering that and laughing now..

And all this time I have worked in the kitchen/galley and never dreamed all this was going on.. I will never look at the kitchen/galley the same!

kokopup
05-30-2009, 10:16 PM
post by moosmom

I've seen guys with both ears pierced. What does that mean? The they swing both ways????

I don't know what they are called today , but in the old days they were pirates.:D

moosmom
05-31-2009, 07:40 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely forgot about this thread! I'm laughing so hard again, I'm crying. Thank you! I needed that.

RICHARD
05-31-2009, 09:02 AM
This whole thread has had me laughing so hard... but THIS made me fall out of the chair

I will never walk by the frozen deserts in the store without remembering that and laughing now..

And all this time I have worked in the kitchen/galley and never dreamed all this was going on.. I will never look at the kitchen/galley the same!

One,

Everyone thought SL was frigid!

Two,

One day you will be LYAO while you are cooking and someone will walk by the
area and ask, "Why are you laughing?"

Which takes us back to the thread that GINI posted about, 'Trying to explain Pet Talk to a stranger".

Ah, it's a vicious circle!:D

Watch out for Chef Boyardee, he's after Little Debbie and her cakes!

-----------------------

Pom,

Good ONE! I forgot about him!

RICHARD
06-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Mac and Cheese just showed up with Basil, they are looking for Rosemary and don't have the thyme to mess around.

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 08:32 AM
:p Good One to start the day with.. Your too good Richard.. :D
Mac and Cheese just showed up with Basil, they are looking for Rosemary and don't have the thyme to mess around.

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
:p Good One to start the day with.. Your too good Richard.. :D

And those are the clean ones!;)

happylabs
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
She was probably messing around wth Adolph's Meat Tenderizer.:eek:

LMAO!!!!!!!! You guys are all way too clever! :D