PDA

View Full Version : Rollin.

Alysser
11-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow, I don't get why he will be overlooked. I went to the shelter yesterday for about an hour to volunteer. I tried to give the cats a better Thanksgiving, and I met this one cat. I've only volunteered twice, and I can safely say I've already been hissed at, scratched, and bitten about 15 times by several different cats. Some are frightened, some are just confused or not used to be people and stressed. Only about 7 out of lets say 25 cats I've taken out have not been like this. But I can't believe that, those young cats will get adopted before Rollin-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Picture085.jpg

Just because of his age(12), just because he is FIV+, just because he "looks mean", he will not get adopted. He was taken from a kill shelter that was about to put him to sleep because he was 12. It's sad that they would even consider that. He is by far the nicest cat in that entire shelter. He is so sweet, the minute I approached his cage he started purring and that did not stop for a minute. All the younger cats will get adopted, but this rare gem of a cat will not because he's old. I sware, if he's still there in May, June, July when I get my cat(likely he will be), I will try my best to convince my mom to get this one. He is SO sweet!! All I can do for now is visit the poor guy.

He has scars from fights I guess with other cats, but he still likes them. He has a cyst(non-cancerous) and he's rather fat, he's not the best looking cat but he's a very rare gem of cat that can be found in a shelter. He's been there for a half a year already, and the adoption counselour has been trying to get elderly people to adopt him for a few months now, they all say the same thing "he's too old". She said he is probably one of the least likely cats to be adopted.

Please, before you adopt a cat, consider a senior.

Freedom
11-27-2008, 07:58 PM
He is a handsome orangie. Being 12 is tough, but being FIV+ is a biggie for most folks. And the problem is, what you said, he has been in many fights. That makes it even more difficult. Some one willing to take him one will already have a cat.

My Bobby is FIV+. He is a snuggle bug, only wants to cuddle with anything - human, canine, feline, he doesn't care. And none of my cats fight, so that is another factor.

Rollin have a lot of factors against him, unfortunately. He would do best as a single cat home, and of course he must be kept indoor only. So many folks don't "get" that.

Prayers that he finds a great home!

catmandu
11-28-2008, 09:51 AM
THATS A SHAME AS WE BET THAT ROLLIN, ONCE HE FINDS HIS PLACE IN THE SUN, WOULD BE ONE GRAT BIG CUDDLE BUG OF A CAT, A REAL FINE COMPANION.
TUBSTER PANTHER HAD SOME ROUGH EDGES WHEN HE FIRST CAME HERE, BUT NOW HES OUR EBONY TEDDY BEAR.:love::love:
WE ARE PRAYING FOR THAT OWESOME ORANGIE:love::love: TO FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE FOR ANIMAL ANGEL MAS!:love::love: