PDA

View Full Version : Paypal help...

Husky_mom
11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Iīve used paypal to pay for things several times... but I havenīt used it to receive payments... any help with that... Iīm not sure I understand the whole thing...also Ihave the free basic one... and I think I have limited payments I can receive as well as how much I can pay.... but I really have no clue... also any help with understanding fees and such... how do you collect...

Iīve been reading the web... but Iīm just soooooo blank minded right now... :p

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2008, 02:05 PM
If you want to receive money from someone, all they need is your email address that you use for Paypal. You can send them an invoice from another site or from Paypal. Once they send you the money, you can use your Paypal card to get it out or send the money to your bank account, depending on how you have it set up.

Husky_mom
11-27-2008, 03:10 PM
the thing tht has me wondering still is that...

for whatever transaction I make theyīll charge a % fee.... but in order to get it out... (to my credit card or where?) I need to accumulate certain amount?...or theyīll charge another fee... if i make that certain sum up and withdraw (or whatever itīs called) then itīs free...

and also do I only get allowed 5 payments or can I make/have whatever amount I want...

when I joined I could pay up to 1000 and get 5 payments... anything more Iīd need to pay an anual fee or something...

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Ok, I think if you have a Paypal card (I don't have one) you can go to an ATM machine. I would like to think there is no fee, not sure. I know when I transfer money to my bank account it's free. As for how many transactions and amount you can receive/send, it depends on what account you have with them. Sorry I'm not much help, someone else might be able to help more. I guess everyone's busy eating today.;)

Husky_mom
11-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I have the basic free personal one.. and no I donīt ahve the paypal card..

I just added a credit card to my paypal account so I could pay for stuff I bought over the net.... never have received a payment.. so Iīm not sure whatīs with that... do the money goes to my credit card (the one used to pay via paypal) or do I have to "move" it there...

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2008, 05:28 PM
If someone pays you with a credit card, the money will go to your Paypal, not your credit card and you will be charged a fee. If you're asking how you get the money, say, in your hands, do you have it linked to your bank account?

Husky_mom
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
no I donīt have it linked as I donīt hava a bank account just the card added...

I realized the fee thing... and it said that if I "passed" certain amount it would be free it it was less I would be charged "x" amount...

what can I do to not be charged that fee... or how can the $ go directly to the card/account

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm not familiar with that deal. I guess all of their accounts are very different. I'm lucky I know how to keep up with my own sometimes, so many rules.;) I hope someone else here knows more about it and can help you.:)