PDA

View Full Version : Introducing ALI -- UPDATE POST #16 *PICS*

Reachoutrescue
11-26-2008, 11:58 PM
This is Ali. His owner had to "move" therefore having to give Ali up. He called us, and normally we don't take in owner surrenders, but he pleaded and insisted if we did not help he was going to take him to Animal Welfare. Great man, right!! When he brought him to my home, he had him not in a cat carrier, but in a large tote with holes punched in the top. He brought his "litter box", which was a small storage container! He said that is what Ali used since he was a kitten. Weird!

Ali is neutered already and I made the owner get his shots up to date before bringing him here. Ali is a little over a year, he is very large for his age...really over weight. His owner fed him "Meow Mix" and filled the bowl 3 times a day....a descent size tupperware bowl (which he brought with). He is very scared, as you can imagine. He is doing well with Munchkin and Midnight (our cats), just some growling and a small amount of hissing. He doesn't seem too bothered by my boys or by Scruff...which is great. I am a bit surprised since I was told he has NEVER been around other animals or children. But he is young, so he should adjust well here. We will take him to the vet either Friday or Monday to just be sure he is healthy....minus him being on the heavy side. We will keep him here to adjust for about a week or two then put him online for adoption.

With out further ado....ALI!!!

In Dave's arms. Ali does NOT like the camera!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Nov262008001.jpg

He stayed behind our dog food bin for about 2 hours before taking a look around our kitchen.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/ALI1.jpg

He is a lot cuter in person....he is not too photogenic!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/ALI2.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/ALI.jpg

In my kitchen (garden) window....he found a spot to get away from Munchkin and Mids!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Nov262008003.jpg

Here is his "litter box"...I am so without words over this mean of potty for this boy!! Maybe I am feeling to angry by it, but it really bothers me that this was his litter box...least the guy neutered him and agreed to get his shots.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Nov262008002.jpg

I will post more as he starts to come around.

RipplingWaves55
11-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Adorable! He is amazing. It reminds me of the first stray that came to my old house. 'Moo Moo', a tuxie cat. Great pictures. LOL. I can't believe his litterbox is a storage container... :rolleyes: why couldn't he just buy a cheap litter box? We have three litter boxes, two without a cover.. you can imagine the horrid smell I have on my porch when I go out in the morning after cleaning it. Eeeew!!! :eek:

Anikaca77
11-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Awww I'm so glad that you have the chance to show him a better life than what it seems he was getting before. Poor Ali I'm glad he's getting along with your 2.

Melissa

Medusa
11-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Well, look at it this way, at least the guy gave Ali something to use as a litter box. Some people don't even do that. He's getting a better chance at a good life now that he's w/you. Poor little guy is scared, it's easy to see. Thank you for rescuing him and taking good care of him. Looking forward to a good report......:love:

jennielynn1970
11-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Ali is a gorgeous boy!!

Thoughts about the litter box... maybe he wanted something with high sides if he pees over the side of the regular litter box?? Not sure how high those sides are?? Does he have to jump to get in it?? I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy about having to do that. Who knows what his reasons were. I had used the really long low storage boxes for litter at one point, because I wanted more area for them to use cause they kept going over the sides and I also have big boys. Litter kept sticking to the bottom though, and I now have those gargantuan ones that they sell at PetSmart.

CathyBogart
11-27-2008, 12:24 PM
I use a big storage container for Sherpa, because he's such a large cat and he scatters tons of litter. I've never seen a litterbox as big as the storage container I use. Guess that makes me a bad pet owner.

catmandu
11-27-2008, 06:47 PM
A CAT NAMED AFTER THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME :love::love: JUST HAS TO BE A KNOCKOUT OF A CAT, A REAL CHAMPION.
THE FOUND CATS AND ANGELS ALL SEND HEAD BUMPS AND KITTY KISSIES!!:love::love:
SAM AND PRECIOUS HAVE PROMISED TO BE ALIS GUARDIAN ANGELS,:love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1463.jpg

Reachoutrescue
11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I use a big storage container for Sherpa, because he's such a large cat and he scatters tons of litter. I've never seen a litterbox as big as the storage container I use. Guess that makes me a bad pet owner.

I was not saying he was a "Bad" pet owner, I just felt it was odd. I have never seen anybody use a storage container before, but appearntly it is very common....I am just finding this out. I was not trying to offend anybody....I am sorry if I have.

Gary....he was actually named after Mohammad Ali by his momma's owner. I was told by his previous owner that Ali was born with the cord around his neck and his mama's owner had to blow in his nose and "bring him to life". She said he was a fighter and mostly black in color, so the name just fit. After Rober took him home at 8 wks of age, he said the name was too long, so he shortened it to Ali. None the less...he is a big boy and his name suits him well.

Ali is still very scared and now is hiding under my desk behind my rolling cabinet. He came out last night and there was some hissing, but nothing more. I picked him up and he was just shaking so bad...all his muscles were tense too. Poor baby. I sure hope he realizes he is safe and he will get a loving home...a loving furr ever home.

Thanks for the nice comments and again, aI am sorry if I offended anybody about the storage litter pan. I was not trying to.

cassiesmom
11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Ali, you are a big, handsome fella! and stupid me, I was trying to figure out who would name you Ali ("Alley") when it's really ah-LEE like the boxer. (Duh, Elyse, duh!)

Welcome to PT,
Elyse

Emeraldgreen
11-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm so glad Ali is safe with you and I hope he finds a wonderful home. He's quite handsome but I'm partial to the black and whites. :)
I just started using a rubbermaid container for my foster Barney because he pees over the side. I cut a hole just under the handle big enough for him to get in and out and thankfully it has solved the problem. The sides are ridiculously high but no more pee to clean up. :D
I haven't used these boxes inside because I have covered boxes but I'm tempted to because some of my cats make the biggest mess kicking the litter out of the box.
Thanks for rescuing Ali.

Karen
11-28-2008, 11:16 PM
HE a handsome guy, a near-perfect tuxedo, too! Love the white streak on his nose. What a sweetie, I am sure he will relax soon, and be comfortable enough to complain about the d*i*e*t you're gonna put him on!

Reachoutrescue
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
HE a handsome guy, a near-perfect tuxedo, too! Love the white streak on his nose. What a sweetie, I am sure he will relax soon, and be comfortable enough to complain about the d*i*e*t you're gonna put him on!
Thank you Karen. He is quite the looker, his pictures do no justice for his handsome appearance. He will be put on a diet, and I am sure he will be VERY angry with me, but it is best for him....he is just a baby and is so big already...it is not healthy for him.

Ali is coming around nicely. He came out to get a quick pet today for the first time since he has been here. He rubbed his cute face on my hand and was purring very softly. Then Midnite came in the room for some attention...he is a very jealous cat! Ali bolted under my bed and he has been there since. Poor baby. He is eating, drinking, and using the box though. I was spying on him yesterday as he ate, rather quickly, lapped up some water, and extremely quickly used the litter box....I don't think I have ever seen a kit use the box so quickly! It was actually kind of funny. More updates soon.

jennielynn1970
11-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Awe... poor guy. I hope he settles in soon. He's probably just so confused. Just be careful with the weight loss, and make sure it's gradual because Calloway ended up losing too much too soon (must be a thing to have chubby tuxies), and the vet was not happy because it is dangerous for his diabetes.
It's hard to get things just right... sigh.

Reachoutrescue
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Awe... poor guy. I hope he settles in soon. He's probably just so confused. Just be careful with the weight loss, and make sure it's gradual because Calloway ended up losing too much too soon (must be a thing to have chubby tuxies), and the vet was not happy because it is dangerous for his diabetes.
It's hard to get things just right... sigh.

Thanks Jenn. We have not started the diet yet. I want to wait until he adjusts to living her first. We are going to put him on Innova weight control once he is ready to begin his dreadful diet. I still have him on the meow mix the owner gave me. I am taking him in next week to my vet to get him an all around check up...praying he does not have diabetes, as I heard that large cats are prone to it. With him being so young, I am a bit worried.

GILL
12-01-2008, 08:28 AM
We use the storage containers, but I cut an opening in one end. They only have two step over a 5 inch door. Some of our kids are flingers and will shovel a ton of litter each time. I have foound that you can put the lid on and it keeps some of the smell down. For our larger guys ( Bart, Mits, Peak) it usually keeps the aim in the box. A regular litter pan is way to small for a 20+ lb cat. These guys will shoot 6 inches over a regular pan.

Reachoutrescue
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Ali is doing really good. He is coming out more now and him and Munchkin play together every night. Midnite does not like Ali very much, maybe because he is another male on his turf. They have had a few spats, but nothing to bad. Ali loves to be pet, especially his ears and above his tail. He is a very sweet baby!! I am going to put him online this weekend.

Here are some pictures:

This one is creepy. I had only the t.v. on when I took this...crazy!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Ali001.jpg

Here Ali is in his favorite spot. Between our couch and chair.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Ali002.jpg http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Ali003.jpg

Now that it's quiet....he is ALL sprawled out!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Ali004.jpg http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/RESCUE/Ali005.jpg

More updates soon!

Medusa
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Why, he's settling right in! Good for you, Ali!

Prairie Purrs
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Handsome boy! He has exactly the same stripe down his nose that my tuxie Gatsby has. :love:

Ali sounds like a typical tux--walk in, take over, and soak up the lovin'. :D

jennielynn1970
12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh he is sooooo handsome!!! There's another one I would never let go, lol!

Hope he gets all nice and healthy and feels all better!

Big hugs to Ali, and to you for all you're doing for him!

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2008, 02:04 AM
He sure is handsome.:) I hope he's able to find the purrfect loving caring forever home.:)

kuhio98
12-06-2008, 09:19 AM
I use a big storage container for Sherpa, because he's such a large cat and he scatters tons of litter. I've never seen a litterbox as big as the storage container I use. Us too. All our cat boxes are large/deep totes because of litter flinging.

Reachoutrescue
12-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Now I feel bad for thinking it was strange!! I guess a lot of people use them as litter boxes! I am using it for Ali, as he seems to be used to it and won't use the regular box! Silly me!!

Anikaca77
12-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Awww I'm so glad Ali is coming out more and adjusting.

Melissa

rg_girlca
12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh Tracy, Ali is absolutely adorable. Prayers on the way that you find a good loving home for him. Hope all turns out well also at the white coats.

LionHart
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
What a beautiul tuxie! Glad Ali is becoming more comfortable.