PDA

View Full Version : My RB kitty Sasha's story

Scooter's Mom
11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I have never shared my Sasha kitty with ya'll, and I thought I would. I keep a picture of her on my desk at work, so yesterday I took a photo of it with my cell phone to post here. She was born in October 1988 and passed in March 1999. Gosh, I sure thought she was older than that, but seeing it written down, she wasn't old at all. So here is Sasha's story and the picture (of a picture) of my Sasha girl.

Sasha's mommy was a stray we took in. My mom had said it'd be a cold day in (well, you know) before I got a cat... but this kitty was a stray outside her mothers house, and my granny knew how much I adored her, and asked my mother if I could please have the kitty. So, my mom couldn't say no to HER mom, and granny and I won... I got the kitty. She was beautiful. Dark grey but when you ran your hands over her hair, the undercoat was a very light silver, almost white. I called her kit-kat. She wasn't really all that friendly though! In 1990, Kit-Kat went to the country to live with my friend Jenny. She loved Jenny.

Sasha and her 3 siblings (Tasha, Peanut and Little One, weren't we original?) were born in a big box in our living room. She was the only tabby, the other 3 were solid black. After they started getting a little older, when I would reach in to pet them, Sasha would try to hiss and growl at me. The other 3 all wanted attention, but oh no not Sasha. So, I declared her mine. She had spunk and attitude and she would be mine. LOL I was a crazy teenager, what'd I know? :)

She never really liked many people, just me and my mom and a handful of others. She'd walk up to my dad in his recliner and allow him to pet her, but he couldn't try to pick her up or he got scratched. After I moved out with my ex-hubby, she grew to love him. He ended up keeping her in our divorce (that was a very hard decision) but after a couple of months, he took her to my mom. It seemed she was inappropriately pooping, everywhere... but once she started doing that on his kitchen countertops, he just couldn't keep her. So my mom got Sasha back, which meant I did too. But only for a few months because I moved to Arizona. Sasha hated car rides, she yowled and peed and pooped everywhere, the entire time she was in a car carrier. Even if it was only a 3 minute ride. So, my mom kept Sasha while Scooter Bug and I started our new life in Arizona.

Sadly, Sasha got very sick and had to be PTS 2 months later. Our vet (who grew up with Sasha, she used to sit on his head during poker parties) tried everything... anyway... on to my Sasha pic. I sometimes still feel her curled up in my arms while I am asleep, she loved to do that. (Wouldn't get there until I was sound asleep though!)

Sorry the photo is so big! It was so blurry I didn't want to crop it down much, I wanted everyone to see her beautiful big green eyes. I was so allergic to her, but loved her so much.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/Crystal_1972/sasha.jpg

catlover4ever
11-26-2008, 03:18 PM
What a beautiful story about Sasha. She sure did have beautiful green eyes. Thanks for sharing her wonderful story with us. May she be looking down on you and smiling :)

phesina
11-26-2008, 07:10 PM
What a beautiful, sweet cat, and what a lovely story. Thank you.

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
She sure was a beauty.:) I'm sure that you'll see her again some day but for now you have some wonderful memories of her.:)

Scooter's Mom
11-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sasha sure was a character. One of my favorite memories was my mom "impersonating" Sasha. She (mom) was walking from the back door to the kitchen, across the living room and all of a sudden jumped straight in the air, put her hands up like scratching claws and started hissing and spitting like a mad kitty. My cousin and I just stopped talking and looked at her like, "What the heck?" and mom said, "that was my sasha impersonation." We all laughed so hard we cried. It was so true to form... and totally out of the blue!

Poor Sasha, she tore her bottom lip away from the bone under her teeth as a baby... she knocked a board down onto herself and her jaw hit the tile floor. After the vet sewed her back together, a few days later I thought she had gangrene. I was so upset, it looked all green. Come to find out, it was just her fur gathering there in the stitches... it was all wet and yucky so had an off color to it. The vet we had back then thought it was hilarious, we took her in for gangrene and it was just fur. :)

jennielynn1970
11-26-2008, 09:25 PM
She was a beautiful girl! I love the story of your granny getting her momma to get a home with you!

Anikaca77
11-27-2008, 07:22 AM
What a beautiful story about Sasha, thank you.

Medusa
11-27-2008, 07:30 AM
What a pretty green-eyed lady. :)

catmandu
11-27-2008, 06:52 PM
AND NOW SASHAS :):):)WITH THE PET ANGEL ARMY , CHECKING OUT THE MALLS AS AN ADVANCE SCOUT TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE GREAT PLACES TO EAT FOR ALL THE PET ANGELS, NOT JUST THE FAST FOOD PLACES!!!
AND SHES , I AM SURE FOUND JUST THE PLACE FOR HER, AND HER MEEEOWMIE TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN.
ONE FINE DAY.:love::love::love: