PDA

View Full Version : Red dot, blue dot?

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I finally taught myself how to post an avatar and noticed, told you I was dense, the dots by out names?

Does it mean anything?

MY guess is that is shows if you are one the board at the moment?:confused:

Karen
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
If it is red, it means that you are set to "Invisible" mode - only you - and moderators - will see a red dot. If the dot next to a person's name is green, it means they are currently online, and NOT set to Invisible mode. If it is greyed out, that person is not online.

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 02:08 PM
If it is red, it means that you are set to "Invisible" mode - only you - and moderators - will see a red dot. If the dot next to a person's name is green, it means they are currently online, and NOT set to Invisible mode. If it is greyed out, that person is not online.

THanks!

LOL, I thought the dot was blue!

One day I walked into a store and picked out a pair of grey pants and when I got outside the turned tan!:eek::rolleyes::D

Husky_mom
11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
so if Richard has a red dot.. he´s set to invisible and I see him as a grey dot?.. correct?...

never saw a red before but I guess

ETA: .... haha ha I forgot to finish the sentence... LOL.. it´s supposed to read

but I gues... I´ve never gone invisible...

Karen
11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Hmm, have you ever done a "color blindness" test? ;) There's plenty online ... although monitors vary so much, it can be hard to judge colors sometimes.

lvpets2002
11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
THanks!

LOL, I thought the dot was blue!

One day I walked into a store and picked out a pair of grey pants and when I got outside the turned tan!:eek::rolleyes::D

:) Richard did the grey pants turn tan before or after the mud puddle??:D

Catlady711
11-26-2008, 08:35 PM
although monitors vary so much, it can be hard to judge colors sometimes.

Easy fix for that...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/525535-REG/Datacolor_S3P100_Spyder3Pro_Display_Calibration_Sy stem.html

I finally broke down and got one because I got so sick of my monitors never matching after going through all the work to process my digital pix. Works great on both the desktop (xp) and the laptop (vista 64bit).

blue
11-27-2008, 01:25 AM
I never understood the need to log in invisible.

Randi
11-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Richard, I think you missed this slightly relevant thread back then, and knowing you... I think you'll enjoy it. :D

http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.php?searchid=2519506

I would LOVE to see all active members visible at least for one day - how about tomorrow, Friday? Just imagine seeing three or four rows of familiar names at the bottom. :cool:

RICHARD
11-27-2008, 09:19 AM
:) Richard did the grey pants turn tan before or after the mud puddle??:D

LOL, nope!

They turned color when I got home. My room mate was a fashionista she gave me a hard time about it!