PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #293 - Happy Thanksgiving!

RedHedd
11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
I had to open the bar because I just received the perfect drink recipe for this Thursday - Pumpkin Pie Martini's!

Pumpkin Pie Martinis
From Every Day with Rachael Ray

MAKES TWO DRINKS (We'll have to make more than just two, tho ;) )

Ice cubes
2 ounces (1/4 cup) vanilla vodka
2 ounces (1/4 cup) crème de cacao
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Whipped cream, for garnish

1. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add the vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice and shake well.
2. Dip the rims of 2 martini glasses into a bowl of whipped cream. Strain the cocktail into the glasses.

Enjoy!

May everyone's cooking adventures be uneventful and delicious.

Karen
11-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I had an ad in the Sunday paper about a month ago for seasonal teas from Bigelow, "pumpkin pie" tea was among the ones listed, as well as gingerbread and eggnog flavors. I was curious, so I checked every grocery store near here - none of them carried it. Tried the website - one could order a case, but not a single box. I was quite disappointed.

So I'm gonna pretend I was able to get some, and bring it here to Thursdays, so I'll have pumpkin tea, please! :) Have not yet commenced the baking, but that'll be this afternoon!

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow,

That's what woke me up.

Bigelow tea? Out here in LaLa land the flavor everything, I wonder if it's a seasonal promotion, Let me keep an eye out.

DONE?

Thanks Redd,

Will you pour and I'll bake/cook?:D

RedHedd
11-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Will you pour and I'll bake/cook?:D
Deal! :D

Here we have Celestial Season's Sugarplum Fairy tea for the holidays. I haven't seen it in the stores yet. Trader Joe's usually carries it. It's so yummy!

MMMM pie! I just saw a recipe for chocolate pecan pie! On the interwebz is haz no calories, right?

lvpets2002
11-26-2008, 11:21 AM
:eek: WoW Yum that Drink sounds good.. Can I please have one of them?? Orc are you going to bring it to me Before or After you slirp it all up??:p Ok I will bring some Spicy Crab Delights & some Grilled Turkey Leggss fresh off the barbi..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Spicy_Crab_Delights.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/11733.jpg

sparks19
11-26-2008, 01:04 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE... a day early lol

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE... a day early lol

Back at you!

I do want to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at the bar.

It rainy here today, but I have already baked a cake and plan on getting everything ready for tomorrow.....

Those crab delights look great!

Reddk
No calories here!

DONE!

jennielynn1970
11-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Whew! I've been cooking and baking the last two days. Have that Mean Green Bean Casserole of Guy Fieri's done (lots of prep work, but smells and looks yummy!), a Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ a pecan and graham cracker crust, and, thankfully easy, Cornbread.

Is there anything like an apple cider martini or mixed drink?? If not, can Orc fashion one for me?! I need something right about now, but all I got here is seltzer, lol!

smokey the elder
11-26-2008, 02:08 PM
That pumpkin pie martini sounds delish. I'll try one, please!

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Whew! I've been cooking and baking the last two days. Have that Mean Green Bean Casserole of Guy Fieri's done (lots of prep work, but smells and looks yummy!), a Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ a pecan and graham cracker crust, and, thankfully easy, Cornbread.

Is there anything like an apple cider martini or mixed drink?? If not, can Orc fashion one for me?! I need something right about now, but all I got here is seltzer, lol!

Use some of that green bean casserole gravy to seal my Xmas card, O.K.?

I think we can put together something. A little cider, gin and ????

Let me think!

Not Done!:D

STE,

One PPM?

After MNF you may still need a double?

DONE!:eek:

lvpets2002
11-26-2008, 02:47 PM
:eek: What you mean to tell me Ork you have not got the ThanksGiving Tablecloth, plates & ect decorated on the tables yet.. Gets busy young man.. Here I will help.. Ok we goings to needs some drinks now before we get thru all of the decorations done..:p:D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! :love:

Sorry I haven't been around lately but with Luke sick and now at the Bridge, I just haven't felt like partying. :(
Tomorrow will be a tough day for me. Usually I don't mind being by myself on holidays but this year it's getting me down.
Our community has a dinner for everyone but with no car. I can't go. The bus doesn't run on holidays or Sunday.

Heck, just give me a shot of cherry vodka!

lvpets2002
11-26-2008, 04:31 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! :love:

Sorry I haven't been around lately but with Luke sick and now at the Bridge, I just haven't felt like partying. :(
Tomorrow will be a tough day for me. Usually I don't mind being by myself on holidays but this year it's getting me down.
Our community has a dinner for everyone but with no car. I can't go. The bus doesn't run on holidays or Sunday.

Heck, just give me a shot of cherry vodka!

:love: I am so sorry you feel so Bla & down-n-out.. So here is a couple of somethings for you to smile about.. Have a very happy thanksgiving ok..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/80.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/58764.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/58809.jpg

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
:eek: What you mean to tell me Ork you have not got the ThanksGiving Tablecloth, plates & ect decorated on the tables yet.. Gets busy young man.. Here I will help.. Ok we goings to needs some drinks now before we get thru all of the decorations done..:p:D

Watch out, he gets an attitude when he gets ridden!;)

MOFF,

I will be hanging out at home too.

THere are quite a few things to be thankful for for even when life serves us up a bowl of poo!

Have a cherry Vodka!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2008, 06:50 PM
MOFF,

I will be hanging out at home too.

THere are quite a few things to be thankful for for even when life serves us up a bowl of poo!

Yea, you are right. Just because life give us a bowl of poo doesn't mean we have to eat it, eh? :D

Cheers!!! (Or in honor of the dancing turkey: bottoms up?) :D

jennielynn1970
11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Hmmmmm.... has Orc figured out my Apple Cider Martini or mixed drink yet?? I'm really thirsty!! :p

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Hmmmmm.... has Orc figured out my Apple Cider Martini or mixed drink yet?? I'm really thirsty!! :p

Of course!

DONE!:)

Killearn Kitties
11-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Am I a bit early for the ton of leftover turkey? And I'm sure Phred won't be far behind me - he has been waiting since last week! I'll try all the pumpkin drinks please. Seems a good idea to try something new on a holiday. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2008, 11:20 AM
A Thanksgiving funny:

I received this is an email a while ago. I didn't keep the email so just bear with me while I retell it my way: ;)

A man had inherited a parrot. This bird had one "fowl" mouth on him and cussed up a storm. After trying everything he could to change the bird's vocabulary, the man tossed him into the freezer to cool off.

Not wanting to hurt the bird, he opened the door a few minutes later.
The parrot walked out and said, "I'm frightfully sorry for my past misbehavior. I promise to be good from now on. Um, I'm just wondering, What did the turkey do to cheeze you off? "
:D

gini
11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I hope it is fun and safe and filling:D

A pumpkin martini - hmmm - o.k. - I will give it a go.

Gotta run - I baked and cooked all afternoon yesterday and I have
one more thing to bake today. I am in charge of desserts this year.

Our football crowd is celebrating Thanksgiving together.

MOFF - I loved your joke!

RICHARD
11-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Am I a bit early for the ton of leftover turkey? And I'm sure Phred won't be far behind me - he has been waiting since last week! I'll try all the pumpkin drinks please. Seems a good idea to try something new on a holiday. :D

OH, Here on the "left coast" it's not even LUNCH time yet. I'll have to get you a serving of the "right coast" bird!

And a pumpkin drink for the lady!

DONE!

psssssst, By Saturday we are so full of turkey, we think like stuffed birds!

MOFF,

That was funny!

You get a drink!

DONE!

Gini? Football? Gini? Football?

LOL,
She converted quickly!

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 03:59 PM
ANyone want some pumpkin spice cake and a coffee/tea/cider?

I think a little post-TG get together is in order. Did everyone survive?:D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Ugh, no more food for me. I feel like a stuffed toad still. I would love a cherry vanilla coke though.
Slick called me last night and we had a fun chat. Really made my day.
Thanks again Pal!!!

Something really neat is going to happen Sunday night if any one is interested. Well it will happen whether you are interested or not.

The planets Jupiter and Venus will be so close together they will look like one star to the naked eye. Some say this was what the Star of Bethlehem was.

Sadly, we are in for snow that night so I'll most likely not get to see it. sigh :(

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 06:40 PM
A CVC for you!

Has anyone looked in the western sky at Venus lately?

It gawdawful beautiful and with a telescope it can be seen almost like the moon in it's phases.

I have also been tracking the tool bag that the astronaut lost on the space shuttle flight. I hope to catch it when it goes over Cah lee fuh nee ah one night!

cassiesmom
11-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh, good, Thursdays is open! May I please have coffee? (decaf is ok too)

Karen
11-29-2008, 01:22 AM
It's always open! And I hear there are good leftovers available ... turkey for me, please! :)

And some nice pumpkin chai ... as this bar stocks even hard-to-find items!

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2008, 03:47 AM
I think I will make a big pile of turkey sandwiches for breakfast! Everyone will be really grateful when they wake up. :p You feel like a stuffed toad MOFF?! Is that another traditional Thanksgiving recipe? I don't think I have had it.

Hope we all get a clear night tomorrow. Would be fantastic to see a huge mega-bright planet.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-29-2008, 09:38 AM
A CVC for you!

Has anyone looked in the western sky at Venus lately?

It gawdawful beautiful and with a telescope it can be seen almost like the moon in it's phases.

I have also been tracking the tool bag that the astronaut lost on the space shuttle flight. I hope to catch it when it goes over Cah lee fuh nee ah one night!

Uh, yeah Richard, that's what I just said in my post before this. hehe
The big gorgeous one is Jupiter and the smaller gorgeous one is Venus. They are to look like they are one big gorgeous star together Sunday night! ;):D

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh, good, Thursdays is open! May I please have coffee? (decaf is ok too)

One COffee?

DONE!

Karen,
Turkey and a pumpkin chai for you!
We specialize in HTF items!
DONE!

KK,

THank you for your hard work!
LOLOLOL, Do you have a spotted dick recipe? :o

DONE!

MOFF,
People usually don't look up into the sky before an event.:(

I have been watching the planets for about a week and a half. I have a great view of Orion when I stand on my stoop! As the night goes on he looks like he walks along the power lines in the front of my mom's house.

I am a huge space/planet/comet/star geek!

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Certainly do Richard! Would you like cream or custard with yours?

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Certainly do Richard! Would you like cream or custard with yours?
Which ever is the easiest!

DONE?:D

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Done! A HUGE plateful of spotted dick with custard for you. Hope you can manage it after all those turkey sandwiches.

RICHARD
11-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Done! A HUGE plateful of spotted dick with custard for you. Hope you can manage it after all those turkey sandwiches.

I have timed my eating accordingly. LOL, some cook on TV was talking about Bubble and Squeak. He made it sound good.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-29-2008, 05:43 PM
MOFF,
People usually don't look up into the sky before an event.:(

I have been watching the planets for about a week and a half. I have a great view of Orion when I stand on my stoop! As the night goes on he looks like he walks along the power lines in the front of my mom's house.

I am a huge space/planet/comet/star geek!

Here Orion looks like he's hopping on one foot! :D