PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about reporting this?

sparks19
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Everyday this "Unknown" comes up on my phone. they call like 10 times a day but anytime I answer all I get is dead air. they don't leave messages when I don't answer... they call constantly.... and no one is ever on the line when I do answer.

I am REALLY starting to get ticked off about it but I don't know how to get it to stop.

I called my phone company and they aren't able to trace the call back... it just keeps coming up unknown origin.

So far today they have called me 8 times.

Husky_mom
11-25-2008, 03:39 PM
weird if the phone company canīt trace it.... one thing is privacy but if they are bothering you they should at least know who and maybe block that number to call you... not sure if that can be done...

maybe itīs too much but perhaps police can do something.. tell them you are getting all these weird calls and they are freaking you and they should offer a solution.... but my best bet would be the phone company at least do something...

pomtzu
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
I had a similar situation and the phone company was able to track it, so I don't know why they can't in your case. Maybe if it's coming from a cell phone then they can't. Just a guess there on my part. Hope it stops. It can get really annoying, that's for sure!

Ginger's Mom
11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Is your phone a landline? If so hit *57 to report annoyance calls. Also ask your phone company about blocking calls that are not identified. I do not pick up my phone on unknown calls, it is almost always a computerized call.

Husky_mom
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
does the *69 still work?... we donīt have it here but Iīve heard you have it over there...

sparks19
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Is your phone a landline? If so hit *57 to report annoyance calls. Also ask your phone company about blocking calls that are not identified. I do not pick up my phone on unknown calls, it is almost always a computerized call.

It's Vonage. I tried *57 but I just get the fast busy signal.

I also asked them about blocking unidentified calls... I had already activated the "block anonymous phone calls" feature but apparently it doesnt' apply to numbers that just come up "unknown" :rolleyes:

I didn't answer the calls at all for the longest time... but they just continued and continued. Normally I don't answer unknown calls... but this has been going on for WEEKS.

does the *69 still work?... we donīt have it here but Iīve heard you have it over there...

*69 doesn't help... it just says unknown number.

Believe it or not... they just called right now.

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Once in a while, I'll get a lot of calls like that. I answer, nothing. Then finally, there will be someone there, a credit card company wanting us to buy insurance on our card or something like that. Then the calls stop.(until the next time) I have to wonder if when calling they place several calls and respond to the first one that is answered.:confused:

Grace
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
We had a similar situation about 10 years ago. The only way I could stop them was to change our number and make it unlisted for a year or so.

That did work.

Medusa
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Are you on the National Do Not Call List? If not, you can add your numbers online at www.donotcall.gov. If it's dead air, then chances are it's a computerized call. If you can stay on the line long enough, someone will eventually speak and you can tell them that you're on the DNC list and then tell me to never call you again.

jennielynn1970
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
How do you like your Vonage service?? I just signed up for it, and have had it about 2 weeks now. I had Verizon Voicewing before, and the connection and sound was bad. It was down all the time, and it wasn't until just a month ago that the voicemail started working and I'd had it for a YEAR! It was ridiculous!

sparks19
11-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah I am on the DNC list

I really like Vonage. I haven't had any problems with the service, always good sound, it goes down if the power goes out but other than that it's quite reliable. Plus the free long distance... having my whole family in Canada it really is a deal for us. I talk to my mom every day and it never costs any extra :D