PDA

View Full Version : Resume service?

JenBKR
11-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I am trying to get my husband's resume in order - his company was doing extremely well there for a while, but it's starting to look bad for the past month or so. I just want to be prepared...has anyone ever used a resume service? I know that you can have someone 'fix' it for you online, such as careerbuilder.com, but I don't know how well they work. I don't mind paying a fee for the service. Any help? Thanks!

Taz_Zoee
11-25-2008, 12:29 AM
I've never used a service. I just have people I trust take a look at it and tell me what they think. Also, I look at other people's resumes to get ideas.
I remember when I was looking to do my resume, I checked online and gathered some ideas I found there. I'm sorry, I can't remember where I looked now. It's been too long.

There might even be some people here on PT that would be willing to help you.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-25-2008, 03:56 AM
I am trying to get my husband's resume in order - his company was doing extremely well there for a while, but it's starting to look bad for the past month or so. I just want to be prepared...has anyone ever used a resume service? I know that you can have someone 'fix' it for you online, such as careerbuilder.com, but I don't know how well they work. I don't mind paying a fee for the service. Any help? Thanks!

JennyWren I did my own and would be happy to help out with Shawn's for nothing. Could send you a copy of mine if you want to see what it looks like xx

mina'smomma
11-26-2008, 06:15 PM
This is actually part of my old and new job Jen. If you want to e-mail me his resume I'd be glad to work on it for no charge. I'll pm you my e-mail.