PDA

View Full Version : I guess yesterday was PT kitty vet day

RedHedd
11-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Mitzi went for her annual yesterday too. Actually I have been worried about her. She's not a big eater, but lately she's seemed to be even less of an eater, merely nibbling at her food and I was worried something was going on with my little Buddha kitty. I know she's overdue for her teeth cleaning and the vet confirmed this, which is probably why she's off her food. She's never had good teeth and now doesn't have too many left.

She hasn't lost any weight; in fact she's up to 9.9 from 9.5 six months ago. As long as she stays under 10 lbs. I'm happy. She's a very small, but very round cat. Her "plushness" makes her extra snuggly. Even the vet commented on what a snuggle bunny she is.

So she was sent home with antibiotics and we did some blood work in anticipation of her dental later in December when I have the $$ for this. She always behaves at the vet, I think because she's terrified!

She seemed perkier after we got home. Maybe it's just Seasonal Affect Disorder? I think kitties suffer from this too. She's been getting increasingly more snuggly as the weather grow a little bit colder - although it's sunny and 70's here today :cool:

Medusa
11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Mitzi, you pretty little calico girl, please feel better quickly. Sick kitties during a holiday week makes us all so nervous. Prayers going up for you and your mom that all will be well. :love:

cassiesmom
11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Dear Mitzi,

You are very beautiful and I am glad you, too, got through your doctor visit! This is for you from me: *kiss*

Your fan,
Elyse

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/RedHeddGA/MitziSig2.jpg

lvpets2002
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
:love: Aweee Sweet Mitzi you need to eat now.. Come on & get to feeling better soon.. How are you doing today??

catmandu
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Mitzi , dont worry.
Ive been through a few vet visits, but now my teeth are fine and Im a Happy Cat now.
You will feel a lot better in the long run!!!
Your Pal, Juke Joint Joseph, the Nelson Eddy Of Canadian Cats.:love::love:

RedHedd
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
The vet called with her blood work results. Her calcium levels are elevated, but the vet didn't seem too concerned as all her other levels are normal. She said a high calcium could indicate cancer, kidney disease or thyroid problems, but because everything else is normal, she wasn't worried and told me that I shouldn't worry either; of course I will worry. I watch her like a hawk anyway.

Mitzi is feeling better - the antibiotics must be helping. She was bouncing around a bit more last night - heck at one point she was flying! I love it when she does that - little leaping kitty jumps all over the house. :D

Russian Blue
11-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I love it when she does that - little leaping kitty jumps all over the house. :D

I love little leaping kitty jumps! :D

I hope any future vet visits only make you jump higher! :D