PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary & the V-E-T

Russian Blue
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I haven't been around much, busy with the Christmas season and trying to keep my job in this economic climate. :rolleyes: But, I wanted to stop by to let you guys know that November 18th was the one year anniversary of Gigi and Steve's arrival to our home! :love:Boy, that went fast and the house is still standing too!:)

On Saturday, we took both Gigi and Steve to the vet for their annual. Steve, of course, charmed the pants off them, couldn't get enough attention or belly rubs. He kept lying against the door pushing his paw under the door into the waiting room. He loved all the people and new sights and sounds. He's a little over 12 pounds.

Gigi, on the other hand, thought we took her to hell. :( There was a puppy in the waiting room and she was not enjoying his presence. Then, when we got in the examination room, she would not leave her cage, curled up in a tight ball, and hissed her head off. The vet assistant was great, and tried to coax her out with treats and calming words, but it wasn't happening. We couldn't even get her on the scale. In the end, we had to put the carrier on the scale as one weight, then take the top off the carrier and remove her in her blanket, and then placed her on the scale and subtracted the difference. She's now 10 pounds. Right after that she ran back to her carrier.

The vet came in and they're used to calico/torbitude so she was used to this and said Gigi is not that bad compared to some. They were just treating a calico feral kitten in the back so Gigi was a piece of cake in comparison. The vet was really good - instead of trying to remove her from the carrier, she allowed her to stay in there and just examined her that way. She growled/hissed her head off but didn't try to bite. Poor girl, she just doesn't like anyone invading her space when she didn't invite them.

As soon as the cats were back in their cages, Gigi returned to her loving self and started those small little mews, like take me out of here! As soon as we were home, I gave them treats and they were back to normal.

Thank goodness the V-E-T only happens once a year, so far! ;)

I'll have to get a photo thread up soon....but here are two pics I dug up. Gigi enjoying the sunroom:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/GigiALT171frame.jpg

And an earlier pic of Steve:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/MarchIIISteveFinalSmall003.jpg

Medusa
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh goodness, the pix are adorable! What beauties they are! I'm so glad that things are back to normal now. :love:

shais_mom
11-23-2008, 03:46 PM
oh my how adorable they are!
Happy Anniversery and I'm glad they (the vets) survived! ;)

cassiesmom
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Steve and Gigi! What gorgeous photos meowmie posted of you!

Catlady711
11-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Glad things went ok at the vet. Your vet is right, Tortitude can get MUCH worse. lol

BTW those are awesome pix, good eye, and well done!:D

Taz_Zoee
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Ok, can someone please tell me where this past year has gone? I can't believe it's already been a year since Steve and Gigi joined you. Just like I couldn't believe Cali and Diego have been with Queen of Poop for a year.

I always love seeing your pictures. They are such good pix, it's amazing. :D

Anikaca77
11-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Like everyone else is saying those are great pictures!

You must have a really good camera, mine doesn't take close up pics very well.

Thanks for sharing and Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

Melissa

lvpets2002
11-24-2008, 09:24 AM
:love: Aweeee these two babies are just too Adorable.. Happy One Year Anniversary..

catmandu
11-24-2008, 09:29 AM
:DAND A YEAR WHERE NAKITA ANGEL:love: HAS BEEN A GUARDIAN CAT ANGEL TO STEVE:cool: AND GIGI, TWO WONDERFUL CATS WHO HAVE GREAT GUARDIANS
AND A WONDERFUL FURRREVER HOME TO SHARE:love::love:
THERE ARE SUCH A GREAT TEAM, AND YOUR VET WILL SURELY HAVE SOME GREAT STORIES TO TELL,:):)

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Happy belated 1 year annivesary Gigi & Steve!!!:D

I'm glad that they're both doing well and that the vet visit wasn't too traumatic for poor Gigi.:) I'm lucky in that all of my cats are good at the vets because some of them are so scared that they'll let the vet do just about anything to them. Both of my girls have been known to hiss and growl a bit though.;)

Randi
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
It's good to see you here again. :) The pictures of Gigi and Steve are beautiful, and I'm glad to hear their check-up was fine.

Give them some scritchies from me, please!

Barbara
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh my- I am sure you felt you had worked enough for one day after getting them home. But after all it's all good news.
Kisses to your sweeties- can't wait for that thread:)

Cataholic
11-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Happy Anniversary! What a way to celebrate, a trip to the white coats. :rolleyes:

I hope the rest of their day was purrfect!

GILL
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
We are glad that the check up was fine, great pic's.

Grace
11-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I can't believe it's been a year already! Where does the time go?

Your pictures are always so spectacular - but then you have spectacular subjects.

I've had two orange males that behaved just like Steve - must be something in the genes.

Glad all went well, and they are happy and healthy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh gosh!!! your 2 kitties are sooooooo gorgeous!! Gigi looks a lot like my pretty Snoopy, and Steve is the most handsome orangie!!

phesina
11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
HAPPY 1-YEAR GOTCHA DAY, STEVE AND GIGI!

And congratulations on such great work at the vet's!

Russian Blue
11-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes, where did the year go??? :eek:

Thanks everyone for all the comments. :)

Gigi and Steve did take some adjustment after the vet. They were more reserved and sleepy, I'm assuming because of the vaccines. But, they're good now.

I'm not really sold on the yearly vaccinations. Especially, since they are indoor cats and never are in contact with other cats. Have to do some more reading on the whole subject before they need the next ones.

And thanks for the compliments on the pics. These were two of my favourites from the last year.