PDA

View Full Version : Poor Es...Especially Eddie...

Edwina's Secretary
11-23-2008, 01:50 PM
They went to the vet yesterday. Eddie had a complete checkup...Edwina had a blood draw.

Poor Eddie....he wet himself (bedding from his crate is in the washer now.)

Edwina pooped in her carrier.

Today, Eddie does not want to eat...did not get up this morning and is lounging in bed looking oh-so-terrible. He gets that way after a shot.

Edwina hissed, growled and was generally obnoxious at the vet. Perhaps that is why she is fine today?

Medusa
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Hmmm, guess girls are made of tougher stuff. LOL Seems like a lot of our kitties are going to the vet this week, so your furkids are in good company. We'll keep them both in our prayers that all will be well and back to normal quickly. :)

jennielynn1970
11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Poor Eddie.... going to the vet is traumatic stuff! I know my guys aren't thrilled by it either. My taz used poop and pee and throw up in the car. That was sooooo much fun! :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
11-23-2008, 04:07 PM
They went to the vet yesterday.

Poor Eddie ... he wet himself ...
Edwina pooped in her carrier.

Today, Eddie does not want to eat ... is lounging in bed looking oh-so-terrible.

Edwina hissed, growled and was generally obnoxious at the vet.
Perhaps that is why she is fine today?

Poor Kids! :(

Boots da Kat (RB, :( ) never seemed to mind the his few early 'outings' in
the Vet-mobile
to get poked, prodded, and *shot* or :eek: neutered.
Even when he became a "frequent flyer" for his urinary problems, he was
always docile, and timid but friendly at the White Coats' offices.

And he traveled well in the family Bus - with only a string & snap for a "leash".
But *I* thunk he'd be *happier* in his own Porta-Prison ...
We went to the Vet one day and he "detoured" under the front seat in da Bus and
was a bit of a bother to *fish out* in the Vet's parking lot.
I dropped him at the Shop and headed out to secure his Porta-Prison.
It *LOOKED* big enough in the store ... HOW did da Kat get so BIG since I last saw him?

He allowed himself to be *stuffed* into his new travel box ONE time that day
to ride home from the shop ... amid tortured *HOWELS* and other un-Kat-like sounds. :mad:
And yes, he was DAMP, Dirty, and VERY Smellie by the time we arrived at the Ranch! :p

We tried Da Box one more time ... I got it out the evening before he had a
White Coat appointment ... big mistake!
Morning came and it was *Stuff da Kat inna Box* time ... when I realized
I hadn't SEEN da Kat since I pulled the Porta-Prison out the night before!

I finally found him (INside the Kliner chair) and attempted to *stuff* him into the carrier ...
I gave up, after we were stylishly late to his appointment, when all attempts to
*stuff* - head-first, feet-first, folded in half - had failed and I was bloodied
from the shoulders to the finner tips.
He jumped into da Bus happie as a Klam - wearing ONLY his string leash!

Debbie took one look <GASP>as we walked into Doc Mike's office and said
"Looks like someone didn't want to come see us!"

I said no, he just objected to the mode of transport.

Hope Eddie recovers from his *funk* ... and doesn't get picked on by Miz Grump!

Cataholic
11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I cannot believe you disclosed such purrsonal information about the Es! On the net, no less. The shame, the horror....he he he. Maybe they both knew fresh specimens were better for testing? LOL.

I hope they both checked out well. I had three to the vet two weeks ago. Allie, Dakky and Monte. Allie and Dakky both got a shot, and had diverse reactions. Monte deserved a shot. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Poor Es!!! My cat's send their sympathies! They say just be glad though that your mommy doesn't have to take you on the bus!!! Way no fun for any one!!!:D :love:

cassiesmom
11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh, poor E's! I'm glad you got that out of the way so you can be your own sweet selves again.

momcat
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi fellow kitties,

I hope your visits to the whitecoat went well and both of you are in the very best of health! Our meowmies don't understand how traumatic these little trps are. We get poked, prodded, jabbed and all kinds of mean, nasty things. Meowmie took me to the whitecoat this one time and I didn't leave with everything I went in with! But Meowmie always says the whitecoat is my friend because she helps me feel better when I have an ouchie and keeps me from getting sick.

I'm very happy that you won't have to do this again anytime soon!

Your friend,
Groucho

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh poor E's! I hope they have both recovered their composure by now.

Samantha and Jessica were both at the vet on Saturday for their annual boosters. I'm afraid Jessica had a few choice words for the vet too, but she seems none the worse for the experience.

Samantha on the other hand feels that it is beneath her dignity to be taken to the vet. She didn't speak to her daddy for the rest of the day. Clearly it was all his fault.

lvpets2002
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
:( Oh poor babies.. Yes my babies get all stressed when going to the Vets & afterwards.. Hope wittle Ed gets to feeling better.. You know I have never had crate problems with my babies.. No pee & pooping..

Edwina's Secretary
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Pleased to Report...

Eddie has finally recovered from his trauma. He was back to himself by yesterday evening. Edwina was amusing herself by letting him know she had no ill effect from the vet. She was cute, cuddly and adverturesome.

The vet called this morning with the results of Edwina's blood work...she is an amazingly healthy senior citizen...(of course...healthy enough to have her teeth cleaned.:rolleyes:)

All those caution stickers on her file aren't for nothing!

lvpets2002
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
:love: Well thats great to hear.. Both babies back to normal.. I only have 2 babies Autumn & Madilene that have red warning stickers on their files which states Only Handled by Owner = me.. These two ladies will claw & take a hunk out of you = bite..

Randi
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I almost didn't dare open this thread when I saw the title. :eek:

Now, I'm glad to read the update that they're both back to normal. :)

Edwina and Eddie, there's no need to feel embaressed, of course you got nervous when you saw your mom was headed for the VET, of all places!

Edwina, I'm relieved you're back in good shape, now you can go and check if everything is in order around the house. :D

Eddie, it's time to wake up... I'm sure your mom has some treats ready for you! ;)

Kisses to you both! :love:

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Poor babies! I'm glad to read that Edwina and Eddie are both doing much better now and are healthy. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM

Stickers:eek::confused:? Now you made my kitties very jealous, dear Miss Edwina!! What were all the caution stickers for? For wearing the latest fashion hat??

Edwina's Secretary
11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Stickers:eek::confused:? What were all the caution stickers for? For wearing the latest fashion hat??

Not exactly.......:D:D:D:D

When I apoolgized and assured the vet she is a very loving and affectionate cat he replied..."So she does everything in high emotion!" To which my husband replied..."Just like her meowmie!"

catmandu
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1446.jpg

My LOVE
My H H LADY EDWINA ROSE !!!
I know that you think that In PURRFECT, but on my last Vet Visit I made a boo boo too, and was ill over my carrier too.
Its a long ride to Our Vets in the country.
I am glad though that you are All Right , and I hope to meet you at the Stray Cat Strip Mall for a Big Thanksgiving Day Dinner.
We have 6 restaurants to choose from :love::love::love:
Fun Fun Fun for CATS IN LOVE :love::love::love:

cassiesmom
11-24-2008, 08:29 PM

Maybe they are to caution us against fashion faux pas in the presence of Lady Edwina Rose?

I am very glad this breathtakingly handsome guy and his beautiful sister are back to their own selves.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4240.jpg?t=1224635261