PDA

View Full Version : Palin pardons turkey for Thanksgiving, and gives an interview.

blue
11-23-2008, 01:38 AM
OK I have a very different sense of humor.

Watching the Govenor give an interview, after pardoning a turkey, in front of the bleed out line at the local turkey farm is just funny to me.

The last bit of the interview just slayed me.

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kjM1asH-8), do not click if you dont want to see dead turkeys!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-23-2008, 09:57 AM
The last bit of the interview just slayed me.

A play on words?

;)

Freedom
11-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I already saw that interview, I feel so badly for that one turkey. Not that it was going to be slaughtered, but that it took so long, poor thing. Horrible!

caseysmom
11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
I think SNL could have a blast with that one, it is funny in a "is she that stupid" kinda way.

catland
11-24-2008, 02:43 PM
You mean the meat on our tables comes from LIVE ANIMALS!!!!????? :eek::eek:

I thought that the way some reporters dealt with this story was more absurd than the story itself. (maybe it comes from having parents who grew up on farms).

lizbud
11-24-2008, 04:58 PM

It's one thing to know how it's done, and another to see it done.:eek:

Boy, give that gal a camera to look at & she's in her zone.:D

jennielynn1970
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
The fact that she is so chatty and jovial, while the dude in the back is dealing with the turkeys kinda cracked me up. I'm just sitting here going "OMG... he's just killing the turkeys on tv!"

caseysmom
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
The fact that she is so chatty and jovial, while the dude in the back is dealing with the turkeys kinda cracked me up. I'm just sitting here going "OMG... he's just killing the turkeys on tv!"

If SNL passes this opportunity up they are nuts!

Edwina's Secretary
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
And talking about how this is such a fun thing! O....k....

RICHARD
11-24-2008, 07:32 PM

What a bunch of horse crap.

Everyone knows that meat is grown on those funky foam trays.

sparks19
11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Last year I was watching Gordon Ramsey's "The F word" (the name of one of his restaurants) and he was raising turkeys to slaughter to serve in his restaurant for thanksgiving.

It was actually kind of neat to see him get the turkeys and raise them up and how they cared for them and everything else. And then when it was time he had a man come out with an eletric shock thing (I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me) and did what they had to do and served them in his restaurants.

Each turkey was well over 20lbs. but it was kind of neat to watch him raise them up from a young age.

Off topic I know lol

moosmom
11-27-2008, 05:53 PM
They had the clip on one of the tabloid shows. They actually interviewed the guy that was behind Palin slaughtering the turkeys. He said he thought they panned in on Palin's face so that no one could tell what he was actually doing to the turkey. I was so hoping it would've been Palin's head going in that head lock thingy. Oh well. You're right. If SNL doesn't jump on the bandwagon with this thing, they're crazy.

sparks19
11-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't see the big deal.

I wish more people would realize and respect where their meat comes from.... perhaps then more people would speak out against cruel living conditions instead of speaking out against hunting because "they use GUNS"

Edwina's Secretary
11-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Don't you wonder where her handlers were? Killing animals for our food may be "perfectly natural" but that doesn't mean it needs to be seen on t.v.

Lots of things are "natural" but not spectator sports!

Reachoutrescue
11-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Don't you wonder where her handlers were? Killing animals for our food may be "perfectly natural" but that doesn't mean it needs to be seen on t.v.

Lots of things are "natural" but not spectator sports!

I agree. Especially how the man who was killing the Turkey kept staring at the camera, as if he wanted to be on video doing his "job". That is just a bit wrong.

blue
11-29-2008, 06:46 PM
After looking at turkey butts all day can you blame him for staring at the Gov when she's wearing a skirt?