PDA

View Full Version : The Bacon Martini.

blue
11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Rather then further derail RICHARD's thread, I bring you the Bacon Martini.

First cook some bacon and when nicely browned place the bacon in a widemouth jar filled with Vodka. Let the lovely bacon essence seep into the Vodka for at least a day. While you don't have to refrigerate it, if you do, it is easier to skim off the fat globules later.

To make a Bacon Martini, fill a mixing glass or cocktail shaker about half full of ice cubes then add 2 oz of the bacony Vodka and Dry Vermouth to taste.

http://baconmartini.com/resources/food043.jpg

The non bacon Bacon Martini.

Vodka
Scotch Whisky (the smokier the better)
Bacon Salt
Cocktail Onions

Pour three parts vodka to one part whisky over a mixing glass full of ice. Cap and shake vigorously.

Pour no more than two ounces (its straight alcohol! You don’t want to fall over after one!) in to a glass that you have rimmed with bacon salt.

Garnish with onions and serve.

RICHARD
11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Rather then further derail RICHARD's thread, I bring you the Bacon Martini.

http://baconmartini.com/resources/food043.jpg

Why does that sound so wrong, but so right?

I could see that with some pate', liverwurst and sour pickle relish on crackers.

How's about that Chex Mix recipe made with bacon salt in it?:eek::D

Never worry about derailing a thread-I love it when a thread goes all over the place.

blue
11-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Never worry about derailing a thread-I love it when a thread goes all over the place.

Maybe if we are good Karen can merge the threads.

jennielynn1970
11-22-2008, 11:39 PM
OMG.. you guys are killing me!!

I almost got the fixings for Chex Mix tonight, but figured it's a lot of munchies for one person. :( Sometimes living alone is lonely. You want to share these yummies with someone else.

I'll have to give that recipe to my brother and see if he'll try it. I bet I'd get some looks if I asked a local bartender to make me one, lol!

RICHARD
11-22-2008, 11:45 PM
OMG.. you guys are killing me!!

I almost got the fixings for Chex Mix tonight, but figured it's a lot of munchies for one person. :( Sometimes living alone is lonely. You want to share these yummies with someone else.

I'll have to give that recipe to my brother and see if he'll try it. I bet I'd get some looks if I asked a local bartender to make me one, lol!

LOLOLOL, Stay out of my BRAIN!

BYOB, Bring Your Own Bacon to the bar.:D

-----------

I don't mind making up batches of stuff that I can munch on for later. Bacon Chex sounds great. I'd put up a batch of that for later.:D Yes, I only cook for myself and my mom-I go next door and take over her kitchen. There is something about cooking for youself that gets crazy.

blue
11-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Ill have to cook some bacon in the morning make my own bacon vodka.

jennielynn1970
11-22-2008, 11:51 PM
LOLOLOL, Stay out of my BRAIN!

Your brain is scary!!! :eek:

-----------

Yes, I only cook for myself and my mom-I go next door and take over her kitchen. There is something about cooking for youself that gets crazy.

That's why I don't mind cooking up something that looks intimidating for my family and loved ones. I don't go out of the way for just me. I get pb&j and pasta, and whatever else is easy for just one.

Twisterdog
11-23-2008, 12:21 AM
OMG. That sounds sooooo disgusting. I can't even think about it. Not that I could possibly choke down a martini if you paid me anyway ... but bacon flavored??? Ohhhhh noooooo.

blue
11-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I finally got around to making my own Bacon Vodka, Ill have a reort about it tommorow night.

LoudLou
12-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Here's something for you bacon lovers
http://www.baconsalt.com/

Great company, but the Bacon Lip Balm is on back-order.

joycenalex
12-01-2008, 05:56 AM
i like bacon, i enjoy a martini from time to time, but a bacon martini....ahhhh, :eek:i'll pass today.;)

jennielynn1970
12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Here's something for you bacon lovers
http://www.baconsalt.com/

Great company, but the Bacon Lip Balm is on back-order.

That looks like good stuff, Blue posted it before. I'm still contemplating ordering the Bacon Salt since only Acme markets carry it around PA and we don't have any of them left.

Bacon lipgloss... now there's a way to attract a man!! :p

jennielynn1970
12-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Any follow up to the martini?? Was it good???

DrKym
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Why does that sound so wrong, but so right?

I could see that with some pate', liverwurst and sour pickle relish on crackers.

How's about that Chex Mix recipe made with bacon salt in it?:eek::D

Shares the liverwurst..............YUMMY

jennielynn1970
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
And just where have you been, young lady?!

DrKym
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *ducks* well Jenn.it is a long story want to get some martinis and go to Thursdays? we can talk it over on the couch if Orc isnt too angry with me for leaving him to clean up the mess from my last visit at the bar .......well actually Ladys Human made the mess I just closed the closet door on him and Richard......

jennielynn1970
12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *ducks* well Jenn.it is a long story want to get some martinis and go to Thursdays? we can talk it over on the couch if Orc isnt too angry with me for leaving him to clean up the mess from my last visit at the bar .......well actually Ladys Human made the mess I just closed the closet door on him and Richard......

Sounds like a plan, lol! They don't hold grudges at Thursdays anyway!

Lady's Human is always making messes, isn't he?! ;)

blue
12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I keep forgetting to get something to filter the bacon out of the vodka, and Im not using my Brita for that.

jennielynn1970
12-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I keep forgetting to get something to filter the bacon out of the vodka, and Im not using my Brita for that.

Get a cheesecloth. It's the easiest to use, and cheapest to buy at a walmart or where ever like that. It strains jams, jellies and all that kind of thing.

Picture of cheesecloth in a strainer...

blue
12-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the tip Jenn, Ill pick some up.

Tonight I figured I put it off long enough and just used some doubled up paper towels. When I did my infusion I didnt use top self vodka and far from it, and stuck it in the freezer, so the flavor is very subtle but its goodddd.

When I did a peppercinni infusion I did it at room temp and it was spicy! Im a big fan of spicy.

Side note: I brewwed a pepper beer years back and it took over 6 months to be drinkable, it was used mainly for marinades before that. When I tried it as a drink at the 6 month mark it was Killer Beer, spicy yet mellow.

Im thinking a jalapenoes[sp] bacon vodka next, room temp with cheese cloth so I dont put the filtering/tasting off like I did with the bacon martini.

Body of post was editted