PDA

View Full Version : do you post on craigslist?

Freedom
11-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I do, I just posted this as a reminder on the pets section:

Do not get a pet as a gift!

And then the poster from below.

Giselle
11-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I try to avoid Craigslist because it's breeder haven over there. I'm pretty sure this batch of backyard breeders have ruined Chihuahuas, Pit bulls, Yorkies, and Labradors in my area.

Well, I try, but, sometimes, it's like a car crash. I can't help but look and flag :rolleyes:

Freedom
11-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I keep an eye out for bichons, for SPR. Also, many folks post on there looking for advice, even though that is supposed to go in the discussion section. And folks who lost a dog or cat post there, most don't even post on the lost and found board. I always send them my list of suggestions, and several have replied when their pet is returned!

Plus, I've been cleaning out a LOT so I am posting on Free and General Household quite a bit just now as well.

IRescue452
11-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes, especially right now because I'm trying to sell a bunch of cages and small animal stuff to benefit a local shelter, no interest though :(. I check the local craigslists daily for whatever may be of interest to me.

shepgirl
11-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I've read a lot about that on the forum but have never been on there. Think it's time I go check the place out so I know what everyone is talking about.

cyber-sibes
11-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Good idea, Sandi. The temptation is greater this time of year.

Reachoutrescue
11-23-2008, 02:18 PM
We post on Craig's List, but usually only urgent posts. If we do get somebody interested in a dog/cat that they saw on Craig's list, they still go through the same evaluation that any other applicant does. We always make sure the best and safest home is found for our rescued fur kids.

Freedom
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
My post got flagged and is down. THAT didn't take long lol!

Taz_Zoee
11-23-2008, 05:32 PM
My post got flagged and is down. THAT didn't take long lol!

Why would it be down? Other people complained about it? That's ridiculous!!

scrain2329
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pet/931335197.html

Somebody else had a similar idea in mind : p

Im sure this will get flagged shortly. Sometimes flagging gets ridiculous.

Lady's Human
11-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Evidently we're a tad more active about flagging in the binghamton craigslist.

The staff actually posted a while ago to stop flagging posts about pets for sale, and were blasted by everyone but the BYB's.

It's been blissfully quiet there as far as breeders go lately.

Freedom
11-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Why would it be down? Other people complained about it? That's ridiculous!!

People who planned their litters for Christmas gifts certainly would NOT want my post up there, lol.

clara4457
11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
A few years ago, we posted some of our adoptable animals. We got a lot of replies from people, but most were looking for free dogs, unaltered dogs, etc. I don't think we have ever gotten a good application from any of those postings.

About the only time we use it now is to post events and to keep an eye out for "free to good home" animals. I always try to offer our re-homing services to private people because I'm always scared of where the animal will end up and our services make sure the animal is altered, vaccinated and the adopters are screened.

It is kind of funny to watch the ads and see how fast some get flagged. Breeders flag the rescue ads, rescue people flag the breeder ads and some people just flag everything.

CountryWolf07
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I do post on craigslist.

We actually did find the shelter on craigslist where we ended up finding Hank. :)

So... just got to look in the right places, really.