PDA

View Full Version : First Dog?

RICHARD
11-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Bald toothless dog set for the White House?

A group from Peru believe they have the perfect dog for Barack Obama and his family when they move into the White House - the only problem is it's bald and toothless.

Mr Obama revealed he wanted his daughters to have a dog when they moved but the pup would have to be hypo-allergenic as his daughter Malia is allergic.

The Peruvian Hairless dog, dates back 3,000 years and depicted in pre-Hispanic ceramics.

Claudia Galvez director of the Friends of the Peruvian Hairless Dog Association told the Daily Telegraph: "We want to give a male puppy to Obama's daughters, so they get to experience all the joys of having a dog but without any allergies."

Mrs Galvez has delivered a letter to the US embassy in Lima containing details about a 4-month-old pedigree puppy currently known as Ears ready to send to the family.
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1452850.jpg

------------

And it also has the same foreign policy stance too! :confused::eek:

smokey the elder
11-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Poodles and poodle crosses tend to be hypoallergenic, and they are available in shelters. I hope the Obamas adopt a shelter dog.

Catty1
11-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I read an article in the Cdn HELLO! magazine yesterday - and Obama said there he wanted to get a shelter dog. Best Friends has contacted him, as have many other shelters I am sure - and I know he will have a choice of great shelter dogs.

What a huge message that would send! :D

lizbud
11-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I read an article in the Cdn HELLO! magazine yesterday - and Obama said there he wanted to get a shelter dog. Best Friends has contacted him, as have many other shelters I am sure - and I know he will have a choice of great shelter dogs.

What a huge message that would send! :D

That would be a great boost for Shelter dogs everywhere. Besides,
their are many variaties of dogs there, even full breed dogs.