PDA

View Full Version : Please Dont But Your Pets At Petland

catmandu
11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
MY SISTER IN LAW JUST SENT ME A STORY THAT BEARS REPEATING.
THERE ARE DEFINITE TIIES BETWEEN MANY PETLAND STORES AND PUPPY NAD KITTEN MILLS, AND MANY SAD PET OWNERS WHO PAID PREMIUM PRICES FOR THIER NEW PETS, SOME UP TO 3500 DOLLARS , ARE STUNNED WHEN THE NEW ARRIVAL PASSES ON, OR NEEDS A LOT OF EXPENNSIVE VET CARE:(:(:(
IF YOU MUST BUY A PEDIGREE CAT OR DOG, PLEASE GO TO A REPUTABLE BREEDER WHERE YOU WILL GET A GUARANTEE WITH YOUR NEW FRIEND .:love::love:
DONT PATRONIZE THESE PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY , AND DONT CARE HOW THE ANIMAL ARE :mad::mad::mad:

lvpets2002
11-21-2008, 04:39 PM
:( Oh I know & how so horrible.. My very first adopted baby Calitt came from PetLand.. And I mean she was the most sickest baby with all kinds of medical problems.. And to top it off she was so underwight.. But now 6 yrs later she is a very big & healthy baby.. So I will not step foot back into another one of those stores..

Zippy
11-22-2008, 12:00 AM
I think I visited a Petland or some store like and thought it was horriable.The puppies were on wire like plastic floors and looked so sad.:mad:The fish were dyed differnt colors.It was disgusting.:mad:I will never buy anything form petland.I don't ever want to visit that store again.

CultureJunky
11-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Is Petland a big company, a chain of stores? Kind of like Petco you have, and we have Pets At Home in the UK. I would never buy a cat or dog for a pet shop, and if you want a pedigree there are so many pedigree rescues as well as the breeders. The only way I would buy a pet shop cat is if I saw it needed rescuing. Poor animals.

catmandu
11-23-2008, 12:11 PM
PET LAND IS THE LARGEST CHAIN OF STORES IN THE US AND CANADA THAT SELL PUPPIES AND KITTENS.
AND BECAUSE THEY ARE IN LARGE HIGH PROFILE MALLS WHERE THE RENTS ARE HIGH, THEY WILL SELL AT THE HIGHEST PRICE THEY CAN.
WHICH IS HOW BUSINESS IS DONE, BUT THEY HAVE AN OBLIGATION AS THEY ARE DEALING WITH LIVING BEINGS , TO MAKE SURE THAT THE ANIMALS THEY SELL ARE AS HEALTHY AS POSSIBLE.
IN TOO MANY INSTANCES THIS IS NOT DONE, AND THERE ARE SAD STORIES OF PETLAND ANIMALS BEING SERIOUSLY ILL, AND DYING OR NEEDING EXPENSIVE VET CARE.
A CAT OR DOG ARE NOT CONSUMER GOOD , THEY ARE CREATURES :love::love:OF OUR LORD GOD :):)AS WE ARE:D:D, AND DESEREVE A LOT MORE RESPECT.

Pinot's Mom
11-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I have never heard of Petland; they aren't in my area, I just checked (Mid-Atlantic, USA). It wouldn't even occur to me to actually purchase a pet from one of those stores - that being said; there are cats from last chance rescue missions that are available at Petsmart in our area. I do firmly recommend that if anyone can take in pets, these babies (of all ages) NEED HOMES! They have been taken from kill shelters and have no more options available. It breaks my heart every time I go in (and I have to, it's the only place I can get Science Diet), but I can't adopt any others. So, please, if you can, help those babies! They need love! :love:

catmandu
11-25-2008, 04:28 PM
ABSOLUTLEY THE ANIMALS AT PETSMART ARE HEALTHY , AND COME FROM SHELTERS AND FOSTER HOMES WHERE AT A REASONABLE PRICE, YOU CAN FIND A WONDERFUL COMPANION :love::love::love:
THE PETS SOLD AT PETLAND ARE ADVERTISED AS PURE BRED, ALTHOUGH YOU GET NO PROOF, THE ANIMALS ARE OFTEN ILL, AND THEY CHARGE WHAT THEY THINK WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR.:eek::mad::mad:
THEY ARE AFTER THE MONEY , AND DONT CARE AT ALL FOR THE ANIMLAS OR CUSTOMERS :mad::mad:

Don Juan's mom
11-25-2008, 08:41 PM
It wouldn't even occur to me to actually purchase a pet from one of those stores - that being said; there are cats from last chance rescue missions that are available at Petsmart in our area. I do firmly recommend that if anyone can take in pets, these babies (of all ages) NEED HOMES! They have been taken from kill shelters and have no more options available. It breaks my heart every time I go in (and I have to, it's the only place I can get Science Diet), but I can't adopt any others. So, please, if you can, help those babies! They need love! :love:

Ditto! I adopted Zerlina from a Petsmart adoption center. They do rotating adoption events with rescue groups in our area. AAAAAANNNNNDD.... Petsmart gives the lucky adoptive purrent lots and lots of coupons! :D

Liz (and Zerlina Gattobello Nero)