PDA

View Full Version : Please Welcome Sophia!

Anikaca77
11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Here is a link to my previous thread:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=148093

Please Welcome Sophia! Sophia is coming from a barn about 20 miles from us and a friend of Shirley Fonda's (who I've been volunteering with for about 2 years now) rescued her and took her to the vets and and she had to have her eye removed due to a serve eye infection she had and she was fixed at the time of her surgery.

I was debating like crazy whether I should adopt her or just foster her and last Wednesday I called Shirley and told I'd be willing to foster her and my husband agreed as well.

So I cleaned the bathroom really well and brought her home and boy she was so scared and just wanted to hide. On Thursday I took her into the vets because they didn't do an FIV/FELV test on her and I just thought what if she is postive, I told my husband I was not going to put her down if it was and that we'd just have to give her back to Shirley.

Well as you can tell by my Welcome she was negative and she did had some redness in her only eye so my vet gave me some eye meds for her and she's going to be having her last dose tonight.

Last Friday, I got a call from Shirley and she told me she got a few calls from some people who were interested in adopting Sophia (aka Patches) and I talked it over with Rob and I called Shirley up and told her I wanted to adopt her and well since I paid for her FIV/FELV there wasn't a charge which was very nice.

Sophia has been doing so well at our place, she's just such a sweet girl and she loves our little man Hermes. Everytime I bring him in she just perks up and cherps at him.

It's just so cute! We haven't let her come out of the bathroom although we have picked her up and shown her out place and she seems curious which is great from the first time we took her out of there.

I figured tomorrow we might open the bathroom door and see if she comes out. She's still scared and doesn't like anything fast moving but since we've introduced Hermes to her she's like a total different cat, she'll stay out more when he's there but she still gets scared and I'm hoping to change that. I keep working with her everynight so she won't be but I'm just so glad she's getting along with everyone.

Here are some pictures of her. Enjoy!

lvpets2002
11-20-2008, 03:22 PM
:love: Aweee Sophia your just too Sweet & Adorable.. Welcome to your New FurrEver Home & Also as a New PT Member.. Congrats meowmom & dad.. She is a Cutie Pie..

LionHart
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh my! What a pretty girl! And a beautiful name to go with her. Spohia is a lucky kitty.

Moesha
11-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Congratulations to you and to Sophia!

Medusa
11-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Sophia, pretty girl, you're constantly winking! What a pretty girl you are and sweet, too. I love the pic of you and Hermes and I can tell that you're going to fit right in and have a wonderful life. I had that feeling that Mom wouldn't be able to let you go. :D Welcome, pretty girl!

Reachoutrescue
11-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Welcome to PT Sophia! You are a very purrrty girl!!!

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I am so happy to hear you have decided to adopt her. I was hoping this would happen. :)
The picture of Sophia and Hermes is too cute. I'm glad she gets along so well with him. That should help with her transition into your house.

I can't wait to see more pictures of her and hear how she is doing. :D

catmandu
11-20-2008, 04:25 PM
AWWW!
WHAT A SWEET LITTLE TABBY FACE AND SOPHIAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES WHO WILL HAVE GUARDIANS AND A GREAT FURREVER HOME!!!
TUBSTER PANTHER SENDS HIS REGARDS AND CON CAT ULATIONS TO SWEET SOPHIA :love::love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1425.jpg

jennielynn1970
11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
What a cutie!! I love the pic of her and Hermes... nose kissies!!!

Husky_mom
11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
she looks so petite next to Hermes.. what a cute pic...

welcome!!! lovely name... Sophia.... very nice

momtomany
11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk beautiful Sophia. You have choosen you a wonderful momma.

Freedom
11-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Sophia, you are one lucky gal! Welcome to PT.

If she spent all her life in a barn / outdoors, it is no wonder being inside is a bit scary. All those close walls and low ceilings! :eek: But she is also used to having other cats around her, so it makes sense that she feels better when she sees Hermes. Good for him to be getting along with her!

She will come around to living the life of a spoiled kitty, I am quite certain. Hooray!

cassiesmom
11-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi, pretty sweety girl Sophia!!

Anikaca77
11-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Thank you all for the welcome. Last night I figured since I gave her, her last dose of eye meds that she should start trying to come out and see where the other guys live and enjoy being out of the bathroom.

It was so funny, Hermes came out of the bathroom and I was on the couch watching to see what was going on and he just sat there almost like telling her it's okay to come out of the bathroom and she'd come out and as soon as I made a noise she'd shot back in the bathroom.

This morning though she came out to the living room but had her back end down like she was still very scared but I'm hoping she'll improve in no time.

Thanks again,
Melissa

Kirsten
11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Sophia! :)

Welcome to PT and to your new home, sweet little girl. Love your name! :)

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats!!!:D I'm so glad that you decided to adopt her and I love her new name too.:) I'm sure once she starts to relax more that she'll fit right in. Good luck.:)