PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas Song

Trinityagain
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I think there was a thread like this last year but we have added quite a few people so...what is your favorite Christmas song and by whom? or who...or whatever...

Mine is a tie between I want a hippopotomus for Christmas by Gayle Peevey(I think) and the Bing and Bowie version of Little Drummer Boy....

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Mine is not really a song, but a group. Trans Siberian Orchestra is my all time favorite!!! I've seen them in concert twice so far and it is just an amazing performance. In fact, I must make a mental note to get my CDs in my car for the holiday season. :)

Reachoutrescue
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
My ABSOLUTE favorite Christmas song is "The Little Drummer Boy" sung by Bob Seger. It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. I would always beg my mom to play it over and over while we opened our gifts! I would drive her crazy! She loved it!

I my second favorite is "Snoopy VS The Red Baron" by the Royal Guardsmen.

lvpets2002
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
:) Oh yes I so agree.. I as well just Love them.. They was at Bass Hall & so Breathtaken..
Mine is not really a song, but a group. Trans Siberian Orchestra is my all time favorite!!! I've seen them in concert twice so far and it is just an amazing performance. In fact, I must make a mental note to get my CDs in my car for the holiday season. :)

RICHARD
11-20-2008, 04:00 PM
http://www.hardcafe.co.uk/waitresses/xmas_wrapping.htm

Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses.

THe first time I heard this I was parked in front of a supermarket and I almost shut off the radio-I was having a really sucky holiday season and was not looking forward to it - This is a great "Eff U Christmas" song that has a good ending.

I got out of the car feeling pretty good afterwards!:D

Karen
11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I love too many to list! From the standard classic like Silent Night and In the Bleak Midwinter to more modern carols, The Muppet Christmas Carol and the Charlie Brown Christmas - both soundtrack I have on CDs in my car year-round - I love Christmas music!

Freedom
11-20-2008, 04:48 PM
I enjoy "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," but I think my favorite is "Dominic the Donkey."

I really love TransSiberian Orchestra too! Saw them in concert about 3 or 4 years back. But they do the same concert every year, so I didn't go a second time.

Husky_mom
11-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I actually was gonna say NONE!!.. they tend to get annoying.. LOL... but I donīt hate them either...:p

Trans Siberian Orchestra is my all time favorite!!!

WOW!!... I love this!!!.. I loved them since the Christmas light house show video.. very very nice

Suki Wingy
11-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't have a favorite permanently but right now it's O Holey Night (a parody) by Ministry of Magic. It's about George loosing his ear in Deathly Hallows.
www.myspace.com/ministryofmagicmusic
I'm going to see them this Saturday, I hope they play it because it's so close to Christmas.

I do, however, have a favorite album. My family has been playing the same CD at Christmas time since we got it in something like 1997. It's A Very Special Christmas 3. :o It's like one of those Now CDs where a new one comes out every year, I think.
http://www.amazon.com/Very-Special-Christmas-3/dp/B000002GOJ
http://www.oteampress.com/images/album_reviews/averyspecialchristmas.jpg
It's forever ingrained in my brain as synonymous with Christmas.

davidpizzica
11-20-2008, 05:21 PM
I like "Grandma got run over by a reindeer", but my all time favorite carol is "Silent Night" especially when my choir sings it in German.

Zippy
11-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Paper Angels by Jimmy Wayne

joycenalex
11-21-2008, 05:55 AM
mekissa etheridge has a new CD out....a new thought for christmas, there are several songs i'm enjoying on that, i'll be downloading that to my ipod this weekend. the three tenors version of ...oh holy night..., was almost beyond human perfect i could hardly breathe, knocked my socks off.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Carol of The Bells is my favorite Christmas song!

I love Trans-Siberian Orchestra too and Mannheim Steamroller.

Shelteez2
11-21-2008, 08:18 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gosGBYU5vIE

:D:D:D:D:D

mina'smomma
11-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Christmas Carol by Joe Diffe (I think) It's about this little girl who was born on Christmas Day and named Christmas Carol and was given to an orphanage and how all she wants is a home. Then it talks about how this guys adopts her on Christmas Day. I love it.:D

pitc9
11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I want a hippopotomus for Christmas is my FAV!
But I also love O' Holy Night, my fav version is Jewel's.

jennielynn1970
11-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I love Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses!! It's the best!

I still love The Hanukah Song by Adam Sandler (original version... not the subsequent ones).

The Twelve Days of Christmas by Bob and Doug Mackenzie. Dorky, I know!

My favorite CD is Big 80's Christmas. Love all the 80's Christmas songs!
- the Los Lobos version of Rudolph is on there, and it's instrumental, I love it!

RICHARD
11-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Please check out the PBS special where Faith Hill does some selections off of her Christmas album.

WOW!

pomtzu
11-27-2008, 10:31 AM
All time favorite old carole is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"
Of the newer songs - I too have to go with the Bing & Bowie version of "Little Drummer Boy"

Also love Trans Siberian Orchestra, and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is awesome too!