PDA

View Full Version : Update on the stray cat

nancys
11-20-2008, 10:56 AM
GOOD NEWS :) / BAD NEWS :confused:

Not sure what happened to my last post about the stray cat. He had bit me on my hand and leg and the bite on my leg became infected, so I had to start on an antibiotic. The doctor said he (the stray cat) would have to be quarantined for 10 days at the vet to watch for rabies. So I went out to the vets and got their cat carrier, went back home and got the cat and went back out to the vet's office. When I got there I opened the car door, and the door on the carrier came open. Out jumped the cat and he took off! On eof the vet employees & I tried to find him, but no luck. I even went back out 2 or 3 times that night and looked for him, but of course didn't find him. I even called the radio station and had them put a quick ad on the radio that night. Anyway the next morning when I got up I looked out and there he was sitting on my front porch. The poor cat had traveled clear across town to get to my house - I wonder how long it took him. Anyway as I said he has a new home - my house. He does not get along well with my other cats though. They don't like having a stranger in their midst (especially Mollie).

I did take him back out to the vet that morning and she checked him over - started him on medicine & eye drops. She said she thinks he must be around 6 years old. He is missing a few teeth. She also said she doesn't think he has rabies, so I am watching him for that at home. So far OK on that. His health is also improving. The first days he was at my house he just sort of layed around, but a few days ago he started wandering around exploring / checking things out. His eyes are even looking better. I have named him Bubba, by the way.

Please don't remark on the fact that I'm watching him at home. I just cannot afford another hefty vet bill - I have a bill there already for Buttermilk my RB cat - angel.

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I think it's great that you are taking care of him. While you cannot afford somethings right now, at least he has food and someone that cares about him. I'm sure if he needed immediate care for anything you would get him the medical attention he'd need. We've all been (and several of us are NOW) in tight financial situations.

He definitely chose you to have traveled all the way back to your house. :)

Welcome to a PT home Bubba! :D

Purr-tender
11-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Isn't it amazing how Bubba found his way back "home". I have heard so many stories about cats traveling miles to get back home. I'm glad you are letting him stay. Obviously, he has adopted you. Sounds like he's had a rough life before he came to you. I hope your wounds have healed without any futher trouble. I've been bit several times by rescue cats. So far so good. Every time I bring a new foster in there is always a lot a hissing and cowering. Cats have a pecking order. Eventually I think your furbabies will accept Bubba or learn to tolerate him anyway.

Mary

Anikaca77
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Congrats and Welcome Bubba!

I'm so glad he made it back to your house safely.

nancys
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM
I thought after Bubba formerly known as the stray cat traveled across town to get back to what he thought was home, I better keep him. I would like to find out where he came from to begin with though. I had never seen him around the neighborhood before he showed up at my house.

Reachoutrescue
11-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I am glad you will be keeping Bubba...welcome to PT Bubba....now you are safe and will be well cared for!!

moosmom
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Another happy ending!!!! Welcome Bubba!

jennielynn1970
11-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Awe... he loves you!! He came all the back from across town to be "home"!

Good luck with Bubba, and I hope we'll see pictures of him soon!

LionHart
11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Bubba knows where to get some TLC!

catmandu
11-20-2008, 04:41 PM
BE COOL BUBBA, THAT LADY SOUNDS LIKE A CAT LOVER TO BE, AND ITS SURE A LOT NICER BEING WITH SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU THAN BEING OUT IN THE COLD.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1427.jpg
YOUR PAL TUBSTER PANTHER.
KEEP COOL FORMER STARY CAT AND THINGS WILL BE COPASETIC!!!
:cool::cool::):cool::)

phesina
11-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh.... God bless you.... Welcome home, Bubba!

Medusa
11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome to PT, Bubba. I'm sure you're going to fit right in and be as happy as can be. :)

cassiesmom
11-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh, my goodness, Bubba! What an adventure you had! I guess you picked your home, did n't you.