PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #292- I can't read a calendar!

RICHARD
11-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Boy, I am lost, I thought that Thanksgiving was this week!

For that I am suggesting an A-bomb for the DOTD and the proper lead-up to the holiday.

1 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 oz Tia Maria® coffee liqueur
1 oz vodka
Build this drink over ice and stir. Serve in a chilled cocktail glass.

I think that some pizza, before four days of turkey left overs is calling!

Any one want to do some anchovies with me?

DONE!:rolleyes::D

Moesha
11-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm so glad that you were confused because I was really confused when I saw the Thanksgiving Thursday thread last week!

I've been eating potato soup all week, so I believe a nice piece of pizza would be wonderful! They say beer and pizza are wonderful together. I'm not a beer drinker, but since this is the pretend world of Thursdays, I'm going to have a Bud Select. I'm only doing that as a way to show my Kasey Kahne support. Whatever will I do without a race this weekend!?! (Hold the anchovies though, please!)

RICHARD
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm only doing that as a way to show my Kasey Kahne support. Whatever will I do without a race this weekend!?! (Hold the anchovies though, please!)

Your Nascar withdrawls only last for a few months and then we can start all over again....LOL, someone will do the countdown to Daytona in the next few weeks.

One slice and a ice cold Bud!

DONE!:D

KYS
11-19-2008, 09:34 PM
UMMMMM! Count me in for one of those drinks.
Sounds delicious and sweet.
I will not miss Nascar but my BF is starting to go through withdrawals too
until Feb rolls around. ;)

RICHARD
11-19-2008, 10:49 PM
UMMMMM! Count me in for one of those drinks.
Sounds delicious and sweet.
I will not miss Nascar but my BF is starting to go through withdrawals too
until Feb rolls around. ;)

One A-bomb and NASCAR Year-in-review shows!

DONE!:D

Cinder & Smoke
11-20-2008, 12:44 AM
I thought that Thanksgiving was this week!

I think that some pizza, before four days of turkey left overs is calling!

You mean ... there's no defrosted turkey that has to be cooked & devoured TODAY?

NUTZ!
:(

gini
11-20-2008, 12:52 AM
If Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I am in deep doodoo! I'm supposed to have pies and pumpkin bread and some lemon bars all ready to go!

Boy, your drink sounds excellent, Richard...............I will have one of those and then go check the calendar again!!

lvpets2002
11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
:o Ok Richard I found you one of the Anchovies Pizzas && Also A Turkey.. Can I have one of those Yummy Drinks?? Oh my Skwashshs == Orc dont be walking on Richard's Pizza.. Thats ok Richard = Orc was only making foot patterns..:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/wp22b83ad5_1b.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/60314.jpg

pomtzu
11-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Any one want to do some anchovies with me?

And I thought I was the only person left on earth that likes anchovies on pizza! Add lots of green peppers and mushrooms along with that too please.

The best pizza in the world came from a place in Pawtucket, RI - Archie's Pizza. Archie was my uncle and had a recipe that makes all of these so called pizza places look sick!. He sold the place (secret recipe and all) back in the early 70's, and the new owner kept the original name because of the marvelous reputation it had. It's still in business under that name, but don't know if it tastes the same anymore. "sigh" Those were the good old days.

lvpets2002
11-20-2008, 11:59 AM
:eek: Darn Mary you sure are making us hungry for pizza.. Now the pic I posted did not have peppers & all on it.. Hey did your Uncle ever have Shrimp Pizza?? Oh Yum those are so good too.. Come on Orc lets get to RI for some Pizzas..:D
And I thought I was the only person left on earth that likes anchovies on pizza! Add lots of green peppers and mushrooms along with that too please.

The best pizza in the world came from a place in Pawtucket, RI - Archie's Pizza. Archie was my uncle and had a recipe that makes all of these so called pizza places look sick!. He sold the place (secret recipe and all) back in the early 70's, and the new owner kept the original name because of the marvelous reputation it had. It's still in business under that name, but don't know if it tastes the same anymore. "sigh" Those were the good old days.

Medusa
11-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Ok, I'll definitely get in on this one because I was thinking that Tday was week after next. When I looked at the calendar and saw that I had marked when my son was due to arrive, I realized that the bleach has definitely gone to the brain. So I'll take one of those drinks, Richard, although I've only had Bailey's and coffee before but I'm in an adventurous mood; not so adventurous, though, that I'll eat anchovies. I like my pizza w/double cheese, sausage, mushrooms and pineapple, please. Wow, I just heard my left ventricle slam shut!

RICHARD
11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
You mean ... there's no defrosted turkey that has to be cooked & devoured TODAY?

NUTZ!
:(

LOL, One more week? SORRY GUYS!

DUMB!:D

Hey G!

One drink, a gander at the calendar and one week to get your recipes in order!Lemon Bars? MMMMMMMMM!

DONE!

LP.

Thanks for your arts and craftiness!
YOu always come through!

And I don't mind the Orc prints in my food, I live with a cat!

One A-bomb?

DONE!

POM,

Do they deliver?;) Yes, anchovies on half with a good light beer-not a LIGHT beer, but a light mexican beer!

Yummy! One slice with anchovies? DONE!

Mary,
One A-bomb and a slice "Mary-style" No fish!

DONE!

smokey the elder
11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
That A-bomb looks awfully good! Can I have one, please? I've been crunching numbers all day and my brain needs a break.

RICHARD
11-20-2008, 02:26 PM
That A-bomb looks awfully good! Can I have one, please? I've been crunching numbers all day and my brain needs a break.

And why not?

One for now and one for later. And I am honored that you take time out of your busy day to visit a bar-Now, can I get you a slice?:D

DONE!

RedHedd
11-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Ooh! Anchovies for me please, but hold the peppers.

Killearn Kitties
11-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh go on, I'll have an A-bomb and a pizza with anchovies. Can I have some really good spicy sausage on mine too please? I'll stock up before next week's leftover turkey. :D

RICHARD
11-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh go on, I'll have an A-bomb and a pizza with anchovies. Can I have some really good spicy sausage on mine too please? I'll stock up before next week's leftover turkey. :D

LOLOLOL,

Only I could find the three women on the planet that will eat anchovies.:D

Redd,

'Chovies and no peppers! DONE!

KK,

An A-bomb, spicy sausage and 'chovies!

DONE!

Now, here's a question. How do you do the Holiday in Europe? Ours is a four day orgy of eating and sleeping, I am sorta curious. THanks!

Killearn Kitties
11-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Now, here's a question. How do you do the Holiday in Europe? Ours is a four day orgy of eating and sleeping, I am sorta curious. THanks!

I'm afraid we don't do the holiday at all. We have to wait until Christmas for an orgy of eating. There is no direct equivalent to Thanksgiving, certainly not in Britain, and I'm not aware that there is anywhere else in Europe.

Good pizza! Great cold for breakfast too. :p

RICHARD
11-21-2008, 05:56 AM
I'm afraid we don't do the holiday at all. We have to wait until Christmas for an orgy of eating. There is no direct equivalent to Thanksgiving, certainly not in Britain, and I'm not aware that there is anywhere else in Europe.

Good pizza! Great cold for breakfast too. :p

One year you'll have to come over and we'll show you how to do "EXCESS"!:D

And yes, Cold pizza is one of the food groups.

Ever notice that it only works on the weekends?:D

RICHARD
11-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Holy tamales!

I am getting ready for the first good rainstorm in a while, it's 68 outdoors and I am sweating like a hog!

I am ready for a lucnh break....How about some cold cut heroes?

I think we have everything ready......OH,oh some spicy pastrami with garlic pickles....and homnestyle mustard and a dark beer! Or an Amstel. I haven't had lady companionship in a while?

Anyone?:D

lvpets2002
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
:eek: WoW Richard I do think you got all of that under control in one Post.. I take some of what you want or having == With the exception of the woman.. :p I will haves me a Man Ok..:D

Catty1
11-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Killearn Kitties - the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is in October, and is a harvest festival in origin. The US one has that aspect too, though there is more of a story behind it.

Might there be harvest festivals in Scotland? I am sure they would have a tremendously long and rich history. AND great food! :D

Anyone else from outside North America - what are your country's fall traditions?