PDA

View Full Version : New Windows & Door

anna_66
11-19-2008, 07:51 AM
What a great time of year to be having windows put in.
It'd be great if we lived in oh I don't know....Phoenix, but not Ohio:rolleyes:
I don't know why we had to procrastinate so long on ordering them and wait till winter time to have them installed!
Here it is 26 degrees and 3 of my windows are out. It's going to be freezing in here in no time:eek:

And let me tell you, having 4 dogs when people like that come is no fun either. I have to sit here in the kitchen with Bon and Simba in they're kennels so they won't bark:o I'd leave them all outside or in one of the other bedrooms but they're barking was driving me nuts, I'm sure the workers weren't happy with it either.

But I guess instead of gripe I should just be happy we'll have new non-drafty and pretty windows and a nice new front door:D

I hope they're quick!

PS It's already cold...brrrrrr!!!!!!

PSS Looks like Bon and Simba are being good so I came in the bathroom. The only room in the house with no windows...WARM:D
Guess I'll be spending most of the morning in here...LOL!

Freedom
11-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Six years ago, we put new windows in my Dad's house -- in January, in upper Massachusetts! :rolleyes: It was just a 2 day project, you will survive, and the results will be great. I'll wait for pictures!

anna_66
11-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Surviving I am. It's a crisp 43 degrees in the house now, but a warm 72 in the bathroom:)

Yes, your right...the results will be great and I can't wait to see them!

I bet it was colder than 27 when they were doing the windows there....BRRRRRRR!!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Surviving I am.
It's a crisp 43 degrees in the house now, but a warm 72 in the bathroom:)

NEXT Tyme ~~~

Load the Tribe into the Dawg-Mobile and go for a Bus Ride!
EveryDawg "fits"!
I'll bet it's *crowded* with all FIVE of you in the bathroom ...
( You DID let the Dawgs in with you, din'cha? :p )

Just give the your cell number to the Head Guy and tell him to call when they're done.

:D

anna_66
11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
I was in the bathroom alone, Bon and Simba were in their kennels and the girls were outside but now we're all in the computer room. Your right, we should have took a little road trip in the dogmobile!

I swear it's winter time in my house...LOOK...

Sorry to complain, I just HATE the cold! I need a coat to walk outside the computer room:eek:

Medusa
11-19-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm the same way; I can't tolerate the cold. I had new windows and a door installed in my enclosed patio this summer and even though I ordered the windows in April, they didn't come in til mid-July, so it was bloody warm then and, of course, I complained about the heat. LOL Well, just think of how nice your house is going to look for the holidays. I have only two windows left to replace in my house but they're both big bow windows and that's a major expense that will have to wait. Cheer up, you'll be warm and toasty soon. I'm sending you some heat wave vibes right now. Feel 'em? :)

lizbud
11-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Did they promise you a time they would finish up? I had all the
windows replaced a few years ago & it is hectic when there are
pets in the house. Hang in there & think of a warm,sunny beach.:)

Husky_mom
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
wanna get warmer... make a dog pile with you at the bottom... bet those furries will keep you warm :p

Cinder & Smoke
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
You're right, we should have took a little road trip in the dogmobile!

I swear it's winter time in my house...LOOK...

What's the *phuss*??

It's warmer INside than it is OUTside!

:D

Randi
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Anna, do you have any "fitness" equipment, like a bicycle or running thing? If so, this is the right time to work out! ;)

Really, I hope your new windows will be in soon - you'll love it when they are, and then you'll enjoy Christmas even more. Good luck! :)

Cincy'sMom
11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
And here I sit at work, complaining that I am cold cause it dipped down to like 68! I'm with you, I hate cold!!!