PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is.....

RICHARD
11-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Thought a thread about what we wished for was kinda fun to look at.
I know that many of us want to ask for things for ourselves, but it is fun to ask for and dream of things for other people-isn't that what Christmas is all about?

I'll let someone else do the honors of opening up the wish list this time....

Plenty of time before St Nick comes a calling.....:D

K9karen
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I got an early giftie...

I've been caring for my 95 y.o. uncle who went through a tough spell for a while, but he's SO healthy and happy now, the docs are amazed. Couldn't be more thrilled and thankful. He's an awesome guy. So my wish list is for him is many more years!

Catty1
11-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Many years ago, my sister sent me a card:

"All I want for Christmas
Are thin thighs,
World peace,
and a letter from you."

Inside"

"Actually I don't care that much about world peace."

I want world peace...I wish that the human race in general keeps their brains but also begins to think with their hearts.

Balance means peace.

Scooter's Mom
11-18-2008, 10:05 PM
... for my dad to find someone to spend time with.

Since my mom passed away (12/23/2001) he has been so lonely. It's hard for him to find someone to spend time with, especially since he retired.

I :love: my dad. Nobody can replace my mom, but he needs to find happiness in his life.

blue
11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Socks, thats all I want, nice warm socks.

Lilith Cherry
11-19-2008, 12:19 AM
How big are your feet Blue? LOL

I will get a pair knitted just for you!

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I just want everyone that I know to remain happy and healthy. This includes all PT'ers and all of our pets too.:)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
For my kitty to keep improving, and live a long healthy life, full of everything great..

For all animals to have loving homes, and none to be hurt, PTS or abandoned.

For all my friends and family to get exactly what they want to make their holidays great:love:

And if we MUST pick one material item, a purse, since Lucy peed in mine this morning:rolleyes:

RICHARD
11-19-2008, 12:45 AM
And if we MUST pick one material item, a purse, since Lucy peed in mine this morning:rolleyes:

Sorry sister, you are on your own!;)
THAT is the worst! Especially when you walk into the room and you catch them.

Blue,
That has been my problem for the last two years-may you find the right solution......

Taz_Zoee
11-19-2008, 12:49 AM
First of all I want everyone I know, in person and through cyber-space, to be happy and healthy, including fur/scale/feather critters.

Second, I'd love to get a grasp on my finances. I work in accounting, for goodness sake! And I can't even manage my own finances. Of course, having four fur kids is making that feat even more difficult to obtain. But I love each and every one of them and wouldn't trade any of them for the world. :D
Oh, so another thing I will wish for is my furkids to remain healthy. Yeah, that's a good one!! :)

blue
11-19-2008, 01:06 AM
How big are your feet Blue? LOL

I will get a pair knitted just for you!
Shoe size is 14 EEE, most socks in stores only go to a size 12 so I go through alot of socks. I hated the slippers my grandma knitted us when we where kids, Ild love a pair right now.

Blue,
That has been my problem for the last two years-may you find the right solution......

Do you need warm socks in Cal Ah Forn Eye AY?

Medusa
11-19-2008, 06:29 AM
My perfect Christmas gift would be for my son to get the recognition and pay in his career that he's worked so hard for and that he definitely deserves.

I'd also like the gift of good health and an even longer life for my Pidgelet and all my Fur Posse.

moosmom
11-19-2008, 08:26 AM
My one wish would be to visit with my brother who lives in Hendersonville, NC. I haven't seen him in over 7 years and I miss him terribly. He and his second wife sold their house and moved there after he inherited his Godmother's (my mother's sister) entire estate worth 3/4 million dollars in cash, plus stocks and bonds. The only time I ever see him is if someone in the farmily dies or there's a family wedding. Other than that I communicate with him via the internet. His second wife and I don't speak.

anna_66
11-19-2008, 09:40 AM
My wish would be for my brother's relationship to work out. He's been through so much for so many years.

Trinityagain
11-19-2008, 10:28 AM
My wish would be for my BIL to find happiness in his marriage....I love him to pieces and just want him to be happy!

And a healthy fur-herd of course!

lvpets2002
11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
I just want everyone that I know to remain happy and healthy. This includes all PT'ers and all of our pets too.:)

:) I so Agree.. Also hoping for all my babies stay Healthy & Happy too..

CountryWolf07
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
A white Christmas! :)

but seriously.. my grandparents back for one day.. :(

Husky_mom
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
obviously health and happiness to all my beloved ones.. human and furry....(you included ;) )

but I really wish for security and peace to come back... right now we´ve been through so much (as a city)... this is sad because there has been lots of executions, beheadings, lotsa firearm encounters and lotsa places being burned down.... luckily I´ve never been too close to any... but a few people that were killed were aquaintances, not friends, but still close enough to leave an impression on you....

many officers have been PTS (so say it sofly), bad people have over passed law and have been doing what they want with who they want... many smaller cities are now policeless as the full personel has quitted due to the insecurity...

I try to stay positive... and I fear not as I have nothing to be afraid, I haven´t done anything wrong that will end in this "punishment", nor has any of my family... but the fear now is to be NEAR any people that has done something wrong at the time someone is after them... and this takes place also at bright daylight....

so my wish it to restore peace and security... for us and for our children....

on a happy note... I´ll always wish for an extra pet.. ;)

Medusa
11-19-2008, 11:59 AM
[Bbut I really wish for security and peace to come back[/B]... right now we´ve been through so much (as a city)... this is sad because there has been lots of executions, beheadings, lotsa firearm encounters and lotsa places being burned down

Wow, to have it so close to you has got to be scary. Those of us who are so far removed from that type of violence really have no idea what others experience. Please know that you're in my prayers. Stay safe and most of all, keep the faythe. :love:

carole
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I too wish for health and happiness for myself and all my family and friends,for all my furbabies to be well and i guess i really really want a heat pump lol.:):D

pomtzu
11-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I wish for health and happiness for all my family (humans and fur kids), and of course for all my PT family and all of their families and fur kids too.

As for myself - to remain on my feet and not break anything else in the coming slippery winter months!!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I wish that the international crisis will stop!

Nomilynn
11-19-2008, 04:24 PM
I would just really like to be employed... and for my parents to make their trip out here to visit for the holidays safe and problem free :) I think they are going to drive out here from Calgary - yikes!

Catty1
11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Prayers and wishes for peace in Mexico...and everywhere else it is needed.

Suki Wingy
11-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I hope my mom finds a job that she likes, and I also hope that I find a position that will be good for me.
As for material possessions for myself, I want a Flip Mino with Niño on it.

Giselle
11-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I have no desire for material possessions.

For Christmas/For life, I want acceptance into my first choice university w/ scholarships and sufficient financial aid.

Novel wish, ain't it? :rolleyes:

*big sigh* Of course, I won't get that "wish" until March-ish.

DJFyrewolf36
11-20-2008, 12:20 AM
I wish for less drama. I want everyone to have love for each other and focus on the good things in life instead of the negative.

I wish love and happiness to everyone I know, and even those I don't know.

CathyBogart
11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I wish for the holiday to go smoothly...Daniel and I have three families to spend time with...and I hope we can find a way to make everyone happy without making ourselves feel rushed.

Oh, and a subscription to Cosmo, which Daniel told me he's getting me. :D Yay!

davidpizzica
11-21-2008, 04:15 AM
I'd like to see Donna (moosmom) a lot more. She's a beautiful lady and a special person to me. This would be a first, two PTers in love. On the material side, a new computer where I can post pictures and do more things than on a little old web tv unit. It doesn't have to be Univac!

RICHARD
11-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I wish that Christmas would go back to the way it used to be.

I get a little peeved when I start to see the commercials where you have to buy the Ultimate Driving Machine, spend three months of your salary-I mean isn't that love?-on a diamond ring or purchase that wonderful plasma TV that lets your neighbors know you have made it, as they walk by your home during their evening circuits.

I never expected a whole lot for Christmas, I got what I needed, some good family moments, friends and a bunch of smiles and memories.

I got the nice bonus at work, the white elephant swaps in the office and a pot luck where I got to eat great stuff that people brought in.

The company catered a meal for us-one day of good food-and that soured when my co-workers started to complain about it. They wanted a raise instead of a meal. The three bucks or so they spent on a meal would equal a penny raise over the whole year. Gosh where is their Christmas spirit.

When they cost-cut the meal, people complained the the company was too cheap to feed them!:rolleyes:

I want Christmas to be kind words, Not "I don't celebrate Christmas!" or "I don't say Merry Christmas!". Can't anyone go with the flow for a few weeks?

I want Christmas to be as pain free as possible, I really hate the way you belittle the cashier, clerk or customer service person.

I want Christmas to be fun-not a gift giving game where you have to outspend the other person.

I want Christmas to be a nice meal, a nice day, a nice time-Peace on Earth, while I digest my dinner?

Maybe being short of money is a blessing in disguise?

Cook me casserole, give me a recipe. I want a hug, phone call or even an email? Tell me that you miss me, you thought about me yesterday or last week.

I don't want a great deal from Christmas.

I just want it to be Christmas again!

moosmom
11-22-2008, 07:14 PM
RICHARD,

You said it best, dude!! I wish for our newest President to keep his word on making changes and hope his 4 years in office will bring people of all origins closer together.

Our store went straight to Christmas stuff, including the Muzak. One customer complained about the music playing so we changed it. Then another customer complained saying she was actually enjoying the Christmas music. Go figure.

Alysser
11-22-2008, 07:26 PM
A pet, particularly a dog. :(

NicoleLJ
11-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Peace/sleep

RICHARD
11-22-2008, 08:12 PM
RICHARD,

You said it best, dude!! I wish for our newest President to keep his word on making changes and hope his 4 years in office will bring people of all origins closer together.

Our store went straight to Christmas stuff, including the Muzak. One customer complained about the music playing so we changed it. Then another customer complained saying she was actually enjoying the Christmas music. Go figure.

If I ran a store I'd tell the person, "Sorry, I can't change the music in the store. I lost the key to the room" or some such nonsense.

LOL, I'd tell them to kiss my skinny white arse of Christmas cheer!:D

Medusa
11-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Stenciling snowflakes on frosty windows. Decorating the house w/Christmas cards because we couldn't afford anything else. Lots of noisy relatives on Christmas eve, TV on in the background playing "Amahl and the Night Visitors" that no one is paying any attention to except for me, to be followed up by marionettes performing "'Twas The Night Before Christmas".

That stupid fruit cake that Dad would bring out every year and pass around that no one would ever touch. Home made Christmas cards; I'll do the drawings and Mum can write the poem. Dad allowing me a sip of cheap wine, usually Mogen David or Manischewitz, and hearing Mum have a fit about it. Sneaking more chocolate covered cherries than I was allowed. Ribbon candy, gum drops and licorice in candy dishes and candy canes on a real evergreen tree that will get knocked over because our orange kitty Rascal can't resist all the tinsel dangling so temptingly. A real tree that we picked out as a family, brought home and decorated together. The angel topper made of spun glass that sits on the Christmas tree top. Stockings hanging from the mantel, stockings that are actually Dad's socks that stretch out of shape because Mum always has to put an orange in the bottom of each of the darned things.

Grownups sitting around the kitchen table laughing and reminiscing while the kids in the living room wonder aloud how Santa will be able to visit every single home in the world in one night. Being allowed to wait for the 11:00 news and hearing newsman Bill Burns announce that Santa's sleigh has been spotted on radar, so all the little kiddies had better go to bed.

Family coming in and out all Christmas day, sharing a meal together, turkey w/stuffing, home baked cherry pies and nut rolls, taking part in the family gift exchange. Wishing for toys and receiving clothes instead. Christmas caroling. Going to church and being in the Christmas pageant. Wearing my prettiest dress and patent leather shoes on Christmas day. Growing up, having a family of my own and doing it all over again w/my own husband and son, friends and extended family. That is my wish. Just grant my wish one last time. Please.

Catty1
11-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Mary, what a beautiful picture you paint. You have put it out there...and the Universe will answer.

I recently thought of a material thing I would like...it would be a treat. New sheets and pillowcases...double size, pre-shrunk organic cotton ( hear pure cotton feels really nice!).

I do have a bed and sheets for it...but that is just a wish list thingy.

I have quilts too...will not dream about down comforters now that I know how nastily it can and often is harvested.

For Christmas, I want all living things to treat each other well.

carole
11-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Richard you said so well, i agree with everything you wrote, i am so sick of the pressure xmas creates on people, i feel it every year and i really don't look forward to it any more,but I am trying,it should be a time for families to get together ,exchange small gifts if any,not this over the top event every year,pressure,pressure,pressure and yes i have let it get the better of me many times overspending, but not this year,,my son and his partner are saving for deposit on their house,my daugher is saving hard for her first car and we are not in a position to go giving large gifts, sure i would love to put a key to my girls car in with her xmas card for xmas, but it won't be happening, and help my son out too,but you know i think they become better people in the long run when they have to do it for themselves, i see so many other parents much better off than us doing this for their kids and it makes you feel bad,but i hold on to the above thought, my kids will appreciate what they have a lot more when they work for it themselves.

Yes let xmas go back to what it used to be PLEASE.

Cataholic
11-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Peace, to everyone and everywhere.
Health, to all- skinned, furry, scaly and jellyfishy (does that cover all?).
For more visits/time with family and friends, including PT friends, with an open invitation to all that visit the Cincinnati area. The house might be small, but, it is cosy.

To the person looking for financial health, I really encourage you to at least read Dave Ramsey's book. It is an eye opener and hopefully a activity changer for you.

davidpizzica
11-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Stenciling snowflakes on frosty windows. Decorating the house w/Christmas cards because we couldn't afford anything else. Lots of noisy relatives on Christmas eve, TV on in the background playing "Amahl and the Night Visitors" that no one is paying any attention to except for me, to be followed up by marionettes performing "'Twas The Night Before Christmas".

That stupid fruit cake that Dad would bring out every year and pass around that no one would ever touch. Home made Christmas cards; I'll do the drawings and Mum can write the poem. Dad allowing me a sip of cheap wine, usually Mogen David or Manischewitz, and hearing Mum have a fit about it. Sneaking more chocolate covered cherries than I was allowed. Ribbon candy, gum drops and licorice in candy dishes and candy canes on a real evergreen tree that will get knocked over because our orange kitty Rascal can't resist all the tinsel dangling so temptingly. A real tree that we picked out as a family, brought home and decorated together. The angel topper made of spun glass that sits on the Christmas tree top. Stockings hanging from the mantel, stockings that are actually Dad's socks that stretch out of shape because Mum always has to put an orange in the bottom of each of the darned things.

Grownups sitting around the kitchen table laughing and reminiscing while the kids in the living room wonder aloud how Santa will be able to visit every single home in the world in one night. Being allowed to wait for the 11:00 news and hearing newsman Bill Burns announce that Santa's sleigh has been spotted on radar, so all the little kiddies had better go to bed.

Family coming in and out all Christmas day, sharing a meal together, turkey w/stuffing, home baked cherry pies and nut rolls, taking part in the family gift exchange. Wishing for toys and receiving clothes instead. Christmas caroling. Going to church and being in the Christmas pageant. Wearing my prettiest dress and patent leather shoes on Christmas day. Growing up, having a family of my own and doing it all over again w/my own husband and son, friends and extended family. That is my wish. Just grant my wish one last time. Please.

Oh brother, Mary! Does THAT bring back memories. How well I remember Bill Burns saying that every Christmas eve. BTW, they still have the show coming from Children's hospital a week before Christmas. Do you remember those?

Medusa
11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh brother, Mary! Does THAT bring back memories. How well I remember Bill Burns saying that every Christmas eve. BTW, they still have the show coming from Children's hospital a week before Christmas. Do you remember those?

Y'know, I vaguely remember, David. It doesn't really stand out in my mind, though.

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I wish all cats and dogs had a home.

davidpizzica
11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Mary, this is a mini telethon for Children's Hospital where people would drop off donations and businesses would give the hospital the money they collected during the year.

Medusa
11-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Mary, this is a mini telethon for Children's Hospital where people would drop off donations and businesses would give the hospital the money they collected during the year.

Now that you've said it's a telethon, I think I do recall it but I don't know why it isn't more clear in my mind seeing that it's been done every year. It's "Amahl and the Night Visitors" that really stayed w/me. Do you remember it? It's an opera about a little boy named Amahl and his mother who were visited by the Three Wise Men on their way to the manger. He walked w/a walking stick and he thought they were going to harm his mother and he sang "Don't you dare, don't you dare, don't you dare hurt my mother!" It was pretty powerful stuff for a little girl to view.

Medusa
11-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm so excited! I found the DVD of "Amahl and the Night Visitors" on Amazon, the original 1952 version in black and white. I'm sure no one will appreciate this except me so I'll watch it after company leaves and my son is in bed. I'll probably bawl my eyes out anyhow, so maybe it's just as well. :)

RICHARD
11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I went to post the last of my cards for the PT list. I was standing in like checking out the postal stuff, boxes to purchase and the new stamp offerings.

I noticed that the USPS puts out Christmas themed stamps -Eid, Kwanzaa and such. "Cool", I thought, then it was my turn to get my stamps,
I asked for the number I needed and had an envelope weighed to have is sent.

The gal had the stamps in her hand while she did her thing, then she told me the amount and I paid her. I was trying to be fast and wondered why she didn't put the stamps on the counter and I could stamp my envelopes and give them to her. O.K., probably a training tip to keep scumbags from trying to pull a switcheroo-I know that some cashiers are trained to keep bills out of the till so they can be sure they are paid with the right bill.

She gave me my change and put the stamps on the counter. I didn't have my glasses on, I noticed that the stamps had different colored stripes on them and when I got to the mail box in the lobby I saw that they were Kwanzaa stamps! I thought, "Dang! I wanted Christmas stamps!" I took a step bakwards and thought about being such an AH about STAMPS! Does it really matter what stamps go on my envelopes? No, not really.

I thought about it further and wondered how many people would toss a fit because they got, or didn't get the stamps they wanted?

All in all, it's no big deal. Maybe someone will see that stamp and look for the meaning of the holiday.....
---------

I stopped by the super after and almost crashed my cart into a woman who came barrelling around the corner..I smiled at her and said, "I'm sorry!" You would have thought I had hit her cart and blamed her for it. No, Holiday Spirit for her!

Well 36 more days and we can all get back to 'normal'.;)

Flatcoatluver
11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
All I want for Christmas is do have that day off. :)

shepgirl
11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Being able to have the family together , singing and playing music together, opening our presents and Christmas dinner together is my greatest joy.

carole
11-24-2008, 05:23 PM
you know what i am just so thankful to be able to actually celebrate xmas in any style, i often think of those who are starving, in the war,those less well off than myself in this country and just think how blessed I really am,so what if i don't have lots to spend this year,many people have never ever even experienced a xmas.

Don't ya just love it Richard when you get people like that, just smile and walk on I say.:)

Pembroke_Corgi
11-25-2008, 08:56 AM
I would really love for my husband to get the job he is interviewing at today, since he desperately needs to leave his current one but can't do so without finding another job first. That would be a wonderful gift! I also hope to have a happy and healthy family and a healthy baby when she makes her appearance in a few months. :)

captain
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I would like my SIL to realise she is not the only person on the planet who is "allowed" to have Christmas Day Lunch at her house. We would like to have it sometimes too .....

Then, I will call Richard over and she can kiss his "skinny white arse of Christmas cheer!":D:p

sumbirdy
11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
For Christmas to be Christmas again...

To be 5 years old and believe in Santa and be excited Christmas morning.

For the stores to stop putting their Christmas stuff out before Thanksgiving...I wish Christmas was less about what you get and how much it cost and more about the people that surround you.

To be comfortable spending Christmas this year in a place I've never been with some people I've never met...In Deleware with my SIL's family.

To stop worrying-if just for a moment-how I'm going to pay my bills (especially the auto insurance)

For everyone to be happy.

For my 10 year old rat terrier, Lacy to have a jacket that I can't afford (I can't even afford the really cheap ones) She shivers when it's 80 degrees.

For people to have their Christmas spirit all year long and not just at Christmastime. (Most people are nicer around Christmas, although I've met a few that got meaner)

And mostly, for this to NOT be my mothers last Christmas, as the doctors predict. But if it is, for it to be the happiest one she's ever had, especially since, for the first time in 8 years she'll have all her kids around her for Christmas.

There's a long list of what I could wish for for everyone, but I won't go through it all.

cassiesmom
11-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I wish to spend time with my parents, my sister and family, and my brother and family. Having them all in one place at one time is really hard. I'd be happy to spend time with them, though.

And for the next 5 weeks (New Year's Eve is 5 weeks from today) to go by fast, because I dislike the holidays on account of my dysfunctional family.

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Then, I will call Richard over and she can kiss his "skinny white arse of Christmas cheer!":D:p

I'm going to Australia, I'm going to Australia!

------------

Sumbirdy,

I fear that I have the same maternal 'problem' that you have.

I pray that you have many more family holidays in your future. Of course, you know that it is out of OUR hands, so make the most of them and always smile.

God bless you!:)

sumbirdy
11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
------------

Sumbirdy,

I fear that I have the same maternal 'problem' that you have.

I pray that you have many more family holidays in your future. Of course, you know that it is out of OUR hands, so make the most of them and always smile.

God bless you!:)

I like to think of it that I've been blessed in having 19 years with her, some people get far less.

When someone you love is dying it always puts things into perspective. Never take anyone or any day for granted. It makes life a little bit sweeter :)(bittersweet maybe)

I've thought of another wish....I wish that we make it SAFELY to Deleware.

elizabethann
11-28-2008, 03:54 PM
1. A little house on several acres of land with a fenced in yard for Fenway.
2. An IPOD.