PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a Sheep

Kirsten
11-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Made a picture of this fella during my lunch break today, and I really like the thoughtful expression on his face.

Unfortunately, I think this beautiful animal is bound to die sooner or later, as he and his friends are one of the meadows close to the slaughterhouse which is only a couple of metres away from where I work. And they are primarily specialized on sheep. :(

At least he lives on a beautiful meadow, and I hope there's still some time left for him to enjoy his life...

http://www.catmom.de/pix/schaf_2a.jpg

Kirsten

Cookiebaker
11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Lydia LOVES that picture, and so do I!!! Well done annd thanks for sharing!!:)

lvpets2002
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
:) WoW he does look very content.. Looks like he has had better hair days..:D Awesome pic thanks

jennielynn1970
11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Lovely pic! I love sheep! Grew up with them on our farm. Still don't know how people get that sheep make a "baaah" noise, as ours always made very unpleasant bleating noises, lol. Maybe it's the breeds we had.

lizbud
11-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Great picture.:) I would think his wool would be more valuable than the
meat.

Suki Wingy
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Aw, you're making me miss Xerxes! I sold him to market last year. :(

cyber-sibes
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Stunning portrait, Kirsten! You are quite the photographer!

cloverfdx
11-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Yep he looks more like a wool Sheeper than a meat Sheeper ;). Lovely shot :).

Twisterdog
11-19-2008, 08:46 AM
I am SUCH a city girl.

Because if you would have showed me that picture and said, "What is this?", I would have replied, "That's a goat!" Of course, now that his generous quantity of wool was mentioned, I noticed it. But his face looked like a goat's to me.

Tells you what I know. :o

mustlovedogs
11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Beautiful picture! You are such a talented photographer. That sheep is a very beautiful animal!!

Kirsten
11-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you, glad you liked it! :)

Because if you would have showed me that picture and said, "What is this?", I would have replied, "That's a goat!" Of course, now that his generous quantity of wool was mentioned, I noticed it. But his face looked like a goat's to me.

Well, to be honest, I would also think - judging only from the face - it may be as well a goat, but when you see the rest of him, it's definitely a some kind of sheep. :)

Kirsten

Twisterdog
11-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Well, to be honest, I would also think - judging only from the face - it may be as well a goat, but when you see the rest of him, it's definitely a some kind of sheep.

Maybe it's a furry goat ... like an angora goat. ;)