PDA

View Full Version : Help to quote scripture

Nomilynn
11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Hello all!

I am making a Christmas gift for a friend and I need to quote St Luke, chapter 2, verses 8-14 (it's Linus's monologue from Charlie Brown Christmas). However, I have no idea how to format it, and I'm having trouble googling it. Right now I have it like this:

"St. Luke 2:8-14"

Is this right?

Thanks in advance!

Karen
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, that is the correct format. It is such a classic, and I always picture Linus' solemn recitation when I hear that verse.

Nomilynn
11-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Great, thanks so much! I have to embroider it so I want to make sure it's correct before I start :)

Catlady711
11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, that is the correct format. It is such a classic, and I always picture Linus' solemn recitation when I hear that verse.

Me too!

I'm so bummed they don't air that cartoon at Christmas anymore. I guess too many people got all riled up about the Christian references and had it pulled. It's been about 2 years since I've seen it on tv.

In an interview Charles Schultz (creator/animator) said he hated that cartoon the worst because of the poor animation, however despite that I've always loved watching it every Christmas.

Nomilynn
11-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Really? You don't see it anymore? It is still always played here on CBC, at least once per Christmas. That is too bad; I love that one :) It always makes me want to get a tiny Christmas tree and show it some love!

Catlady711
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
It always makes me want to get a tiny Christmas tree and show it some love!

ROFL

I have a very badly worn out VHS tape from the late 80's of the show, so I can sort of watch it. That was before we got cable so it's very fuzzy to boot, but at least I can see it.