PDA

View Full Version : I had fall number two!

JuniorxMyxLove
11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
I fell off again :P I think I may have cracked part of my helmet, too! But on a plus side, the vertibrae in my neck that was out of place seems to have been popped back in place :)

So I'm noticing a trend...I've fallen off twice, and both have been off Scooter.

It was also a very very stupid fall. We were coming down the line, and he got very quick (which I didn't exactly correct lmao) and I assumed he'd go..I got ahead of him, he stopped, and I went flying over his head. This time, I landed flat on my back. Cracked my head kinda hard on the ground (NTS: check helmet). I got up right away and went to get Scooter who, just like last time, was just standing there like a good boy. I was completely across the arena so I had to walk all the way over to the mounting block (there was no way I could lift my leg up to his stirrup...he's too tall) and get back on.

This time, Scooter completely demolished the jump. I guess when I fell he took a few more steps through the jump. There were poles everywhere, lol.

Anyways..I felt pretty stupid after that. haha. I kept getting ahead of him that lesson on almost EVERY jump. Definitely need to work on that.

The good part is that I'll probably ride Scooter next week!

BUT I was going to bring my camera! I really was! But then right before we left my friend came over to get a flu shot from my mom and then Sadie got all excited and knocked over a vase which shattered and so between holding my friends hand for her shot, getting ready for riding, and cleaning up the broken vase I forgot about it.

Here are some pictures of me riding him last winter...now just imagine my saddle, a RHS sweatshirt, and a freshy clipped Scooter XD

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Riding/riding016.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Riding/riding018.jpg

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Good thing you wear a helmet!! I guess it's like they say - you learn from your mistakes. And it sounds like you know exactly what you did wrong. :)

Good luck riding Scooter next week! :D

JuniorxMyxLove
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
lol I definitely know what I did wrong.

and hopefully i'll have a new helmet by friday :)