PDA

View Full Version : Sad news....(UPDATE from FUNERAL and 3 pics)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I just got a telephone call from my niece Els that her dad died this afternoon:eek:. He was my brother-in-law, married to my sister Lieve :(:(. His name was Bernard too, just like my hubby.
Some friends here will remember me posting pics of his 4 horses, and of our family gathering this summer, to celebrate his 60th birthday.... .
Bernard just arrived back home form a horseride, when he suddenly fell off his horse, instantly dead:eek::(.
OMG, I am so overwhelmed.... . My sis is soooooo shocked; she is the type of person who completely depends on her hubby. Now that he is gone, she won't know how to cope.. !
Please pray for her and her 2 daughters... . They will need it so badly:(

Nobody knew he had a weak heart. His doctor heard a sight murmur last month, so he made an appointment for a heart-scan on december 3rd. He never made it to that...

I am so sorry for bothering you all with this! But I know how helpful PT-prayers can be! Thank you for ever reading this thread.......:(:(

This picture is from his horse Puck
http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/Lieve%207.jpg
and one of Bernard with 2 of his horses...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/paard2.jpg

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I am so sorry for your family's loss.
I went back and found the link you posted after your visit with them this summer.
Click here. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144509)

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
I am so sorry for bothering you all with this!
Oh Lut, don't ever think that! I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. :( Many prayers for all of your family. {hugs}

Medusa
11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Of course, my prayers are w/you and your family and especially for his widow. It's going to take her a while to adjust.

Hellow
11-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Thats terrible that he had to die soo close to one of the better times of the year. Thats terrible that he had to die at all! They shall be in my prayers.

DJFyrewolf36
11-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Prayers on the way for your family :(

Catty1
11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh Lut - so sudden and sad. Your sister must be beside herself, and the girls too!:(

I pray that all he knew at that moment was that he had had a great ride on his horse, something he loved to do.

Prayers for peace and strength for all your family to cope. Are you and Bernard going there right away?

{{{{hugs}}}}

*LabLoverKEB*
11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Prayers on the way...:(:(

cyber-sibes
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
That was very sad, so sudden! I lost my dad to a heart attack too (long time ago) - it takes a while to sink in when it happens so suddenly. Prayers for your sister & all of you.

Alysser
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. May he rest in peace. :(

Pam
11-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Lut I am so sorry. How sudden and such a young man! Your sister must be falling apart. I know that you and your family will be with her and we surely will pray for her and her entire family. (((hugs)))

caseysmom
11-15-2008, 10:44 PM
I am so sorry Lut, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

gini
11-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh Lut, what a tragedy for your family to endure. The only blessing is that his passing was so sudden and he did not suffer.

You can count on my prayers for your sister and her daughters and for you too, who will grieve and comfort them.

ramanth
11-15-2008, 11:35 PM
I am so sorry for your families loss. :( :( My heartfelt prayers and condolences. *hugs*

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-16-2008, 04:27 AM
I went back and found the link you posted after your visit with them this summer.
Click here. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144509)

Thank you so much!! I tried to find this thread, but no success.........

Thanks everybody for the nice comments! I will pass it on to my sister!!!

Lillycat
11-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Prayers going out for you and your family.

Casper
11-16-2008, 07:55 AM
I am so sorry your family is having to go through this so unexpectedly. :(
I always find sudden deaths to be the hardest to deal with.

Sending prayers and healing vibes for all of your family. (((((Hugs)))))

phesina
11-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Oh, Lut. What a shock for you all, and how heartbreaking.

Prayers for you and all your family, and deepest sympathy to all.

Rest in peace, Bernard. You were and are beloved.

Kirsten
11-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh Lut, I'm so sorry about your family's loss!

My heartfelt condolences to your sister and their daughters, and the rest of the family.

Kirsten

jazzcat
11-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm very sorry Lut. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-17-2008, 03:29 AM
We went to my sister yesterday. OMG she is so devastated shocked helpless etc... . She was crying so intense, it was heartbraking...:(:(. Her daughters stay with her; but what AFTER the funeral?? She will need lots of help, lots....:(

btw the funeral will be on friday 21st. This day they would have celebrated their 39th anniversary :(:(:(

Medusa
11-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Yes, she's going to need lots of company for a good while. When my Dad passed, Mom couldn't be left alone or she would become hysterical. I found that the best therapy for her was talk, talk and more talk, all about Dad. This may be what your SIL needs, too. I will definitely remember you all in my prayers. Peace to you all. :love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Yes, she's going to need lots of company for a good while. When my Dad passed, Mom couldn't be left alone or she would become hysterical. I found that the best therapy for her was talk, talk and more talk, all about Dad. This may be what your SIL needs, too. I will definitely remember you all in my prayers. Peace to you all. :love:

Thanks Mary!!
I will try to be with her asap; I wish I lived a lot closer though...:(

My dad is so shocked too. He is almost 86 and cannot believe what happened. He cannot talk about it with my mom, because she is dementing:(:(

RIP dear Bernard:love:

Catty1
11-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Lut - if your sister can use a computer, and you both download Skype, you can talk free to each other on the Skype 'phone'. You need speakers and a microphone - or a headset and microphone. (Some headsets have the mics included).

Is there anyone she can stay with for a while?

{{{{hugs}}}}

phesina
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Prayers for your sister and all your family, Lut.

Love,
Pat

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Lut - if your sister can use a computer, and you both download Skype, you can talk free to each other on the Skype 'phone'. You need speakers and a microphone - or a headset and microphone. (Some headsets have the mics included).

Is there anyone she can stay with for a while?

{{{{hugs}}}}

No... she doesn't...:(; she knows absolutely nothing about computers....

Pawsitive Thinking
11-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Such very sad news :( You will all be in my thoughts and prayers :love:

kimlovescats
11-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Dear Lut, I am so very sorry to hear of your BIL's passing! What a shock for him to go so suddenly!:( I pray for your sister and your family!

Love and Hugs,
Kim

lvpets2002
11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
:( Oh No Lut I am so so sorry to read this.. I missed this the other day.. Sending Bigg Huggss & Lots of Prayers.. God Bless You All..

lvpets2002
11-19-2008, 12:19 PM
No... she doesn't...:(; she knows absolutely nothing about computers....

:) Lut is there anyway she could come stay with you for a while or would that be a option?? If so then you could coach her on the computer & then when she went back home you both could talk on the computer..

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2008, 03:59 PM
:) Lut is there anyway she could come stay with you for a while or would that be a option?? If so then you could coach her on the computer & then when she went back home you both could talk on the computer..

That is a great idea! Thanks!! I know she will need lots of distraction, so if she agrees, I will install msn on her pc, and teach her how to use it! At this moment she doesn't even know how to start up a pc :rolleyes::(. But I will suggest it to her asap!:love:

Catty1
11-19-2008, 07:25 PM
And when she feels up to it, she can be a PTr with the horses! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-20-2008, 04:40 AM
And when she feels up to it, she can be a PTr with the horses! :)

I wish that would be possible.... ; But no, she doesn't speak a single word of English.

Tomorrow is the funeral! I volunteered to do the First Reading from the Old Testament. I hope I can cope, and also that I won't burst into tears.... !I need lots of PT prayers to make this work.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-20-2008, 04:41 AM
No one will mind if you cry - its a natural reaction to such a sad occasion. You will do Bernard and your sister proud!!

lvpets2002
11-20-2008, 08:35 AM
No one will mind if you cry - its a natural reaction to such a sad occasion. You will do Bernard and your sister proud!!

:love: I so agree.. Yes Lut you & your family will be In Our Hearts & Prayers for sure.. God Bless You..

PS:: I have seen it in the states of you can get software for the computer for your sister = of what language that she types in = then it will translate to English..

Randi
11-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to read about you BIL's sudden death. I know how devastated your sister must be. :(

I think it is a good idea to teach her how to use Skype, that way she can talk instead of typing, and I'm sure she needs to talk.

My deepest sympathy to your sister and her family.

This a link to Skype: http://skype.com/intl/nl/

(I could not find a link to the Belgium site, but perhaps you can read this)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Funeral is over...

It was a sad sad day. The service in church was very good, but oh so sad. The moment when the coffin arrived in the front of the church, my sis was standing right behind it. Her daughters had to support her because she was crying so hard:(. That was enough for me to start crying too, almost during the whole service. Bernard (yes, he has same name as my hubby) must have been a very much loved and appreciated man, because it was amazing how many people were crying when they came to the offering! There was a beautiful picture on the coffin with Bernard on his horse.
I have read the first reading from the Bible, from the Old Testament. Uncountable people came to me afterwards and told me that they never heard someone read that with so much feeling and with such a soft serene voice. I am happy that I managed to do that, because of all the grief... :(. When I read a text, I never rush through it, but make some "stops" and I also emphasize important words. I am glad that I could do this for him and his family!
RIP dear BIL!!
Here are a few pics of the commemoration card which was given to everybody in church.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/2dedeelnovember018.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/2dedeelnovember020.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/2dedeelnovember019.jpg

Medusa
11-22-2008, 07:29 AM
My, what a handsome man and he looked so strong and regal on his horse. Funerals are so important because, as you know, they're truly for the living. You gave your SIL a true commemmoration of Bernard that she'll always remember and treasure when she's able to see through the tears of grief.

JenBKR
11-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh Lut, I am just now seeing this. I am so sorry for your loss. What a shock to have happened so suddenly. Prayers coming to you and your family.

AdoreMyDogs
11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Rest in peace, Bernard. He was a very handsome man and I know he was a good person also. He was very loved and will be very missed. I'm so sorry for your loss, Lut.

Taz_Zoee
11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
He was a VERY handsome man! So sad. I almost cried just reading about the services. :(

I will still hold the family in my thoughts.

Cataholic
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
So very sad. Prayers to your sister, and all your family.

Reachoutrescue
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
He was a handsome man indeed. Prayers to your sister and the family. I know how hard it must be for everybody.

kimlovescats
11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Lut, you gave your SIL a very beautiful and precious gift by reading at his funeral! I'm sure she will cherish that forever!

HUGS,
Kim

critter crazy
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
RIP Bernard! I am so sorry for your loss Lut!!:(

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Lut, you gave your SIL a very beautiful and precious gift by reading at his funeral! I'm sure she will cherish that forever!

HUGS,
Kim

Yes, I think you are right!! She phoned me again and asked to get the text I read. She wants to frame it and then hang it in her livingroom!! :love:

lvpets2002
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
:love: Lut I thought of you & your family all day Friday.. So glad you made it ok.. I am sure your family was so proud of your Bible reading.. Prayers to All & God Bless.. RIP Bernard..

Pawsitive Thinking
11-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Bless you Bernard and those you left behind :love: