PDA

View Full Version : Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Medusa
11-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Remember my thread "Grapefruit is vile!"? Well, while grocery shopping the other day, I came across some Del Monte red grapefruit in a big container. It's packed in a light juice. I've got to admit, it's good. It's really good. As a matter of fact, I can't leave it alone. I still need to add some Splenda to it but no biggie. So go ahead w/the "I told you so's". LOL I still hate apples, though.

RICHARD
11-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Remember my thread "Grapefruit is vile!"? Well, while grocery shopping the other day, I came across some Del Monte red grapefruit in a big container. It's packed in a light juice. I've got to admit, it's good. It's really good. As a matter of fact, I can't leave it alone. I still need to add some Splenda to it but no biggie. So go ahead w/the "I told you so's". LOL I still hate apples, though.

Stay away from nylon undies, they don't burn, they melt!

Now, to get you on the "apple cart/bandwagon".

Medusa
11-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Stay away from nylon undies, they don't burn, they melt!

Now, to get you on the "apple cart/bandwagon".

Why did I know that you would be the first to reply. LOL

Apples set my teeth on edge. I've never eaten a sweet or juicy one. I do like them in Waldorf salad but that's it. And I don't like apple pie, apple sauce, apple juice, apple cider, apple anything except my late sister's apple butter on her homemade bread. That's it.

RICHARD
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Why did I know that you would be the first to reply. LOL

Apples set my teeth on edge. I've never eaten a sweet or juicy one. I do like them in Waldorf salad but that's it. And I don't like apple pie, apple sauce, apple juice, apple cider, apple anything except my late sister's apple butter on her homemade bread. That's it.

I guess you could never be the apple of anyone's eye?

LOL, I peruse the site for only the best threads and torture the people in them mercilessly!:D

Medusa
11-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I guess you could never be the apple of anyone's eye?

LOL, I peruse the site for only the best threads and torture the people in them mercilessly!:D

More like sour grapes, I guess. That's why I love ya, Richard; the verbal jousting. :)

Catty1
11-15-2008, 12:49 PM
So there is some sugar in the liquid...but at least it had time to soak into the grapefruit.

If you prefer Splenda, maybe mix some into a container of water, put some fresh grapefruit chunks into it, cover tightly and let it 'marinate' in the fridge for a day or so. Serve at room temp.

That might work too!

RICHARD
11-15-2008, 12:56 PM
More like sour grapes, I guess. That's why I love ya, Richard; the verbal jousting. :)

Oh, peachy!
We make such a "pear".:eek::D

Moesha
11-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I remember the other thread and am glad you found some grapefruit that you like, but I just have to ask this:
Why would you purchase the grapefruit in the container if you had such an adversion to grapefruit? LOL

Catty1
11-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Moesha - maybe because it was in a light syrup? Or maybe it looked PRETTY! :p

They test their labels, ya know...Mary been HIP-MO-TIZED! (thank you, David Letterman!:D )

Medusa
11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I remember the other thread and am glad you found some grapefruit that you like, but I just have to ask this:
Why would you purchase the grapefruit in the container if you had such an adversion to grapefruit? LOL

I guess because it was red. It just looked so luscious! And besides, I was determined to like grapefruit. I've felt the same way about brussel sprouts. They look so good and I've tried so many different recipes and I'm sorry but they're just so bitter. I love cabbage so I thought they'd take like cabbage but they don't. I want to like apples, too, because they're such a pretty fruit.

Scooter's Mom
11-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I guess because it was red. It just looked so luscious! And besides, I was determined to like grapefruit. I've felt the same way about brussel sprouts. They look so good and I've tried so many different recipes and I'm sorry but they're just so bitter. I love cabbage so I thought they'd take like cabbage but they don't. I want to like apples, too, because they're such a pretty fruit.

Try the Honeycrisp variety. They are the BEST apple I've ever tasted. I don't normally like to just "eat" an apple, but will eat 2 of these at a time. they are SO sweet.

Catty1
11-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Gala apples are great too!:) And golden delicious are a bit softer on the teeth, and sweet also.

Medusa
11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Gala apples are great too!:) And golden delicious are a bit softer on the teeth, and sweet also.

I don't like either one of those, sorry, Candace. I've never seen Honeycrisp apples so I guess I'll be on a quest. ;)

pomtzu
11-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I like the Red Delicious variety when they're in season - nice and crisp and juicy and sweet! I hate biting in to a mushy or mealy apple!!! And I don't like apples that are too tart either. But I love everything apple - pies, juice, cider, sauce - except I don't like apple butter!!!
Come on Mary - "try it - you'll like it". You did the grapefruit! :D

Medusa
11-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I like the Red Delicious variety when they're in season - nice and crisp and juicy and sweet! I hate biting in to a mushy or mealy apple!!! And I don't like apples that are too tart either. But I love everything apple - pies, juice, cider, sauce - except I don't like apple butter!!!
Come on Mary - "try it - you'll like it". You did the grapefruit! :D

Red Delicious are the worst, Gigi. I do put them in chicken salad and they're ok that way but just thinking about biting into an apple makes me cringe. Whenever my son visits, I like to stock up on his favorite foods and he likes one particular apple (of course, now I can't think of it) and I only buy one at a time because I can't stand the smell of it in my kitchen. I'm such a bad mom.

pomtzu
11-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I just love the smell of a homemade apple pie baking in the oven, altho pies are not on my list of favorite things to bake. I can't make a decent pie crust to save my soul. Now pumpkin bread - that's another story...........:D:D:D

Hellow
11-15-2008, 04:29 PM

You are alot like me xD.

Oh, I TOLD YOU SO!!!11!!!1!!!