PDA

View Full Version : son off to china again.....

carole
11-15-2008, 02:30 AM
well some of you will remember my son went on a business trip about June this year to Beijing and Hong Kong, he is now heading off again next week, this time to Shanghai, changchun ,ningbo and also Korea,this will indeed be an exciting trip and twice as long, ten days this time, and with the boss for five of those, he will be on his own in Shanghai, a first for him, with no driver, so he will have to find his way around, he will be attending a trade fair there, which will be of real interest to him.

I know he is very excited about this up coming trip, and really enjoyed the last one, so just hoping all goes well, as his mum I always worry about him,especially with all the food scares in China recently.

Anyhow just thought i would share his good news. Thanks for listening.:)

moosmom
11-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Oh Carole, I hope you had a wonderful visit!!! Any pictures???

blue
11-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Thats pretty cool, what does he do and what is the trade fair for?

Giselle
11-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh, I miss China. Eh, what would be scary is to NOT have food scares in China LOL! When I went back a couple years ago, they were doing their pork scare :p

I love Asia so much. Your son is so lucky!

Medusa
11-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Wow, your son is really getting to see the world, eh? Lucky guy! How exciting, Carole! :)

jazzcat
11-16-2008, 12:38 PM
My oldest brother goes to China on business trips a couple of times a year. I always enjoy hearing his stories from there and Japan. Such different cultures.

Hope your son has a good time.

carole
11-16-2008, 01:17 PM
He is the operations manager for a company that sells whiteboards, projectors, that kind of stuff, I am not sure what the trade fair is all about, but I imagine it will include what his company sells, yes he is becoming a real jet setter these days,my girlfriends son is moving to china next year and will be in Beijing so i hope scott gets to go there next year too, as her son will fly up to Shanghai to see him and show him around,apparently he loves it there, it is always nice to see another kiwi when in another country,they know each other a little too.

Yes he took a ton of pics last time, and was lucky enough to see the games venue in Bejing before the games started.

Yep i sure hope he has a good time,and gets to do some tourism type things as well, mostly business, but there is always a bit of spare time for doing other things usually.