PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy at the Layne household... VIDEO ADDED POST 177!

Pages : [1] 2

kt_luvs_kitties
11-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Before I say this, PLEASE do not try to make me feel any worse. It just is not possible, I feel horrible.

Andy was caught in my dryer tonight, I am not sure how long, I think about 15-20 minutes, but I did hear bumping around, and I knew immediately it was one of my kitties. I rushed in there, opened it, and found Andy bloody and open mouthed breathing. I did not think he would make it to the ER, but I rushed out of the door, praying to God the whole way...

He is at the ER vet, but they said he looked stable, his tempature is 105, and his heart rate is very high... His tounge looks like chopped meat and his ear is all burned up. God, how could I do this to him? I cant stop crying, and what ifs keep running through my head.... They said the blood looked like it came from his mouth, from biting his tounge.

It does not help that my husband is an as*, said he did not care, and is making nasty comments and saying that I WILL pay him back for the money this is costing. He wants to make it worse....

All I am asking is that you all Pray, as hard as you can, that my boy will make it. Please, Please I am begging for prayers and good thoughts... I can NOT lose my sweet special boy:(

Medusa
11-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Prayers are going up right now for Andy and that he'll recover quickly, easily and in peace. We know you would never purposely harm him or any animal. Cats have a way of getting into things w/out our knowing about it. Looking forward to a good update. Keep the faythe.

jennielynn1970
11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh my gosh Katie! I hope Andy will be ok, he just has to be. You didn't know he was in there, you can't beat yourself up. You can't protect them from everything, even though we do all try.

Andy will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope he will come home and be ok. I hope it's just some tongue lacerations, and he'll heal and be be just fine.

Hugs to you hun, just don't beat yourself up.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you both... I really mean it.

I cant help but be completely guilty.. I should have double checked. I should have. I know better...

I am getting a door put up ASAP so none of the cats can even enter that room again.

I pray he is ok. I just called the ER back, and they said he is on fluids, and still stable at the moment. I signed a paper consenting to any/all procedures to keep him alive...

I love him, and all of my cats. Before I left, he did gum me on the mouth, and looked me right in the eyes. I hope he knows how sorry I am. I cant imagine what he went through, it makes me physically ill.

I wanted to come here, and get support, I need a shoulder to cry on. Melissa knows how upset I am, Thank you Melissa for listening to my screaming and crying and everything. I needed it. A true friend listens to screams, without hanging up...

Moesha
11-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I read the first post and was immediately sick to my stomach for you. I sure hope that everything turns out ok with this terrible accident. That's exactly what it was, an accident. Please keep us posted when you get any updates.

Purr-tender
11-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh, how horrible for Andy and for you!! Do not blame yourself. You love your babies and no matter how hard we try to keep them safe, they are cats and cats are very inquisitive and love to find things to get into. I have caught mine trying to sneak into the dryer, too. The vet will give Andy something for the pain, and it's good that they think he is stable. Major prayers going up for Andy's healing and for you, too.

Mary

Cinder & Smoke
11-14-2008, 09:39 PM
:(
It's amazing how FAST a Kittty can manage to hop into an open dryer! :eek:
And then *vanish* from sight as the door is closed. :eek:

Please God, reach out to Andy and the White Coats - guide his return to health.

/s/ :( Phred

Scooter's Mom
11-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Sending prayers for Andy, and for you.

Sometimes I run in and check the dryer after I've started it, I'm so worried about that happening to my babies. They are so quick to get into things and spaces like that.

((Hugs)) to you, Katie.

Pam
11-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Big ((((hugs)))) to you! My heart breaks for you both. I will pray hard for your sweet boy to recover.

Emeraldgreen
11-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm so sorry this has happened to you both. I'm sure you are in complete shock. It is such a blessing that he is already in the care of the vets and they are going to do everything they can. I'm sure he makes no connection to you and the dryer and what happened. He only knows that you rescued him, which you did!
I get so worried about this same thing happening because kitties are so curious. Accidents happen but it sounds like you've got a plan that will prevent it from happening again. We all should probably get doors on our laundry rooms if we don't already. (I need one).
Prayers going out right now and all night long that Andy will pull through and be home with you soon. I'm sure that is all he wants right now. :love:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you all so much. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I dont know what to do with myself. Waiting and worrying and the scene keeps running through my head. Just inconceiveable. I am in shock... And heartbroken.

I called back the ERV, I bet they are sick of me, I dont really care. They said he is still getting ivs, and that he even hissed at the Dr. when he went to check for me. I hope that they put a blanket in for him to lay on...

I am going to go up there at about 6-7, and see how he is. They said he has no rectal bleeding, and his lungs sound stable. Labored breathing is getting better.

Please keep up the good thoughts and prayers. Andy needs them. I need them for him. Thank you all so much.

You think your pets are safe indoors, I always thought that I was doing the best for them, And then this happens. Poor little boy.

Karen
11-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Poor Andy, and poor mommy! My friend growing up had a Siamese kitten that adored the dryer - thankfully it was one incident that only took a few seconds, but required relaundering everything - including the inside of the dryer - that taught the family to sweep their hand through the dryer every time before turning it on.

He'll be in our prayers.

Catty1
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Poor Andy and you! HUGS! I am so glad the vet has him on fluids...just calming his system down, and I am sure he will pull through. MAJOR PT prayers.

It does sound like your hubby was really cruel - not to make excuses, but I think that is just his way of being really really upset. Not fair, but I am sure he was/is just as terrified about Andy as you were/are.

Take care of each other...as hard as it seems. :love::love::love::love:

More prayers for Andy. :love:

JustineNYC
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Thank you both... I really mean it.

I cant help but be completely guilty.. I should have double checked. I should have. I know better...

I am getting a door put up ASAP so none of the cats can even enter that room again.

I pray he is ok. I just called the ER back, and they said he is on fluids, and still stable at the moment. I signed a paper consenting to any/all procedures to keep him alive...

I love him, and all of my cats. Before I left, he did gum me on the mouth, and looked me right in the eyes. I hope he knows how sorry I am. I cant imagine what he went through, it makes me physically ill.

I wanted to come here, and get support, I need a shoulder to cry on. Melissa knows how upset I am, Thank you Melissa for listening to my screaming and crying and everything. I needed it. A true friend listens to screams, without hanging up...

Honestly, this could happen to anyone, and its my worst nightmare. I usually check everything a million times. Washing machine, oven, etc.

My little Moglie gets into EVERYTHING. Well I lost him when he was about 10 weeks old for about 20 minutes, I opened the fridge and almost had a heart attack when he was just sitting on the shelf next to the butter!

He was fine, thank god, but it was an accident and he flew in there without me seeing.....Dont beat yourself up.

Im praying for a speedy recovery for your kitty. At least you got him right to a vet, not everyone is like that unfortunately.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Thank you all again. Saying thank you is inadequate, but it is all I have...

I just called for another update, they swear I am not annoying them, but I have my doubts.

Andy is still stable, getting fluids, and pain meds. Still no rectal bleeding, shock, or seizures. They said they expect him to recover, but no guarantees. That he *might* be able to come home by tomorrow night, IF he stays stable, eats and responds to the fluids. I pray he does.

He will still need to be watched carefully just incase there is internal injuries, that have been missed. But my hopes are up. I could not be any more thankful, relieved, happy, and blessed.

The vet tech said that just last week they had a cat, same incident, that was unresponsive and in a coma like state for a week, and pulled through. I hope that means Andy is ok, and that he will be his old loving self soon. They said he is alert.

I dont deserve him, he is wonderful, sweet and loving. He adores his "family" and begs for attention constantly. I hope that he does know that I mean him no harm. That bothers me, that he does not know that, but I have faith that he knows that I love him and would NEVER ever want him to be in pain.

My sweet shy boy, I am praying for you. I love you. I adore you, and I need you. Please be ok.

Purr-tender
11-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Katie, I feel so bad for you. What an awful nightmare. It does sound like Andy will be ok. I bet he never goes near the dryer again.;)

Big time prayers!!
Mary

blue
11-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Ill keep you and Andy in my thoughts.

One of Erps favorite places to hide/sleep is the dryer.

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 12:57 AM
OMG!! Katie I'm just seeing this now and I am sitting here in tears. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I just keep thinking about it and it makes me cry. I don't even have words to comfort you. I wish I could just give you a big HUG.
It sounds like he is doing good and should be home tomorrow. I will check this thread first thing in the morning and constantly until I hear he is home with you again.
I always had this fear when I lived at my parents house. My mom said he (Taz) almost got in there, but she saw him before she shut the door. Where I live now the machines are in the garage. I used to gripe about that. But I think that is much better now.

(((HUGS)))

kitten645
11-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Oh Katie! I was seriously nauseus when I read this. Poor angel. :love: I can absolutely tell you he KNOWS you didn't hurt him. He made a bad decision on where to snooze and he knows you didn't put him there :( I hope he is 100% and hopefully the wiser :eek: Poor poor baby. Poor poor you! I understand you must feel aweful but you'll be alright once he's home and purring in your arms. Good thoughts from me and the boys.
Claudia

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks again guys.

It is a nightmare. I have read about this, know the dangers, and am neurotic about checking things (oven,fridge,freezer,drawers,washer and dryer). But I slipped up. Biggest mistake of my life.

Cindy, thank God it is away from the pets. I wish mine were. I never thought this could happen to me, or Andy.

None of mine will EVER go near a washer/dryer again. I am installing a door ASAP to be positive, I pray you all will too, just for the off chance this CAN happen...

I do have high hopes, I believe in God and the power of prayer. I believe he knows how much I love my cats, and how I would be destroyed if I were to lose one. I get physically ill just thinking about losing one, and I know one day it will happen. That makes me crazy, and then I feel like I should never have had pets, because it would be torture to lose one. Esp. in a tragic way.

Anyways, I will keep the updates coming, as often as possible. I will call back the vets for updates every hour. I hope my boy is ok, and comes home, back to a meowmie who treasures him, and siblings who love him dearly.

He will be one SPOILED kitty once he gets home. And he WILL get home:love: I already set up my spare room, (Sorry Splinter, bathroom for you!) with nice plush LARGE dog beds, and some toys. He will be in there for awhile, so he can heal up and get stronger ( and be the only one with as much canned food as he can eat!):D

Thank you all again. And keep the prayers coming. We arent out of the woods yet.

carole
11-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh you poor thing, reading this also made me feel so bad for you and Andy,I sure hope he pulls through and don't worry kitties are so forgiving, not like us humans, who can hold grudges forever.

I understand how you feel, i accidentally shut my Lexies tail in the draw, it was a stiff draw, and she went underneath it , i did not see her do that, and I broke it, it had to be amputated, this was some years ago now and i still feel bad,but she recovered, and she still has a cute little tail.

Your story is a warning to all of us, it is something i have never given thought to, my dryer is high up on the wall but still it could happen, I will from now on be watching to make sure none of my kitties venture in there.

Please try not to beat yourself up about it, i know we all do it, but everyone knows you would never wish any harm upon your furbabies.

I am so sorry both you and Andy have to go through this, it is the most awful feeling in the pit of your stomach isn't it? and I am sad to hear your husband is of no support and only making matters worse, just know we all are here for you on PT, and hoping that Andy makes a full recovery and that meowmie can forgive herself and feel better too. Take care and thinking of you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-15-2008, 03:05 AM
That's terrible....:( PoorAndy, and poor you....:(

He will get through this Katie, he will!!

Pam
11-15-2008, 05:00 AM
I had to come and check this thread first thing today. I have only been awake for 5 minutes but you were the first person I thought of this morning. Your posts make me cry because it is so evident how much you love your boy and how worried you are. I wish we could all be with you to help you get through this, but thank God for the computer. I know that lots of PTers are praying (plenty from my end too) and I feel that Andy will pull through. I know exactly how you feel when you say that you don't deserve him. That would be something that I would say and of course it is not true. At times like this we tend to be extremely hard on ourselves and the "what ifs" could drive you crazy. More ((((hugs))))

P.S. Before you install that door..... I think it might just be easier to do a "sweep" of the inside of the dryer before you turn it on. I don't know about your cats, but mine (especially Trevor) have scooted through a door without my knowledge. I can't tell you how many times Trevor got himself locked in a closet because of how sneakily he scooted through a door when I wasn't looking. The door could give you a false sense of confidence. Just a thought...

orangemm
11-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Katie, I just read your post and my heart goes out to you and Andy.:(:love: All of us know that you are the best, kindest, and most conscientious kittymom when it comes to your furbabies. It was an accident, a horrible accident. I know you are beating yourself up, hating yourself, the whole 9 yards, but it could happen to any of us.

Please stop blaming yourself and focus on Andy's healing; put your energy into sending him loving healing vibes, so that he can recuperate and come home.

No one here would ever judge you because the same thing could happen to us. We are all praying hard for you and Andy (you know the power of PT prayers!) and from what the vet's office told you, it sounds very hopeful.

Please keep us posted and if any of us can help financially, just say the word.

((((hugs)))) to you and gentle (((((Hugs))))) to Andy.:love::love:

jenluckenbach
11-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Prayers for Andy.

orangemm
11-15-2008, 05:26 AM
We have all done stupid things with our babies. Just now I remembered that when we first adopted Archy & Binky, somehow Archy slipped into an open dresser drawer, crawled out the back of it and wedged himself in the back of the dresser behind the drawer.

I saw the drawer ajar, tried to close it, kept jamming it back until I realized something was wrong. There was poor little Archy, cowering in the back while I kept slamming it closed. I could have really hurt him or broken bones.

So you're not the only one..................:(

Lilith Cherry
11-15-2008, 05:56 AM
I just saw this thread. I am thinking good thoughts for Andy and for you too... Cats are so good at hiding in warm places, it really wasn't your fault and I am sure both Andy and your husband know that.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Thank you all so much for the prayers and support. And it does make me feel a little better that we have all made mistakes. But, it still feels like torture in my heart. The feeling, like Carole said, it just panic and suffocation, fear. I could not feel any worse...

The updates have been good. He did try to lick some canned food, and even showed his belly to the tech. She thinks he is a sweetie. He is still stable, heart rate still up, tempature going down, which is GREAT news.

They did say that I need to take him in to my regular vet, to get an ultrasound, to be sure there is no internal damage. They dont have that type of equipment. Poor Andy. He hates the vets:(

All night, we had tornados, and all I kept thinking *could NOT sleep* is that I would literally walk into one if it meant he would be ok again. It sounds extreme, but my cats, they are my entire life. It is hard for people to understand the bond between humans and pets. It can and lots of times IS stronger than a family bond.. I dont have children, but I do have little angels who make my life complete. To have something happen to one, it throws life off balance. Since my kitties, I am not depressed, or upset. I have something to live for. It is amazing. Hannah and Puff can be credited for making me a loving and caring person, and my whole life changed when I got them.. Strange how your life can completely change overnight. Cats are not just cats to me.

Anyways, I knwo I am overly emotional right now. Please bear with me. Once Andy is normal again, I will be too.

Thank you all again, so much.

And Pam, I will DEF check every single time, door or not. Over and over. It will drive me crazy I will check so much. I had to clean out the dryer (blood and urine) and wash the stuff that was in there. I checked atleast 10 times, even pulling out each article several times to be POSITIVE. I told my husband that I will tape the dryer, and I am the ONLY one that will be using it from now on.

Thank you also for the offers of financial support. I will have to see how high the bill is, I had to pay atleast half of the estimated cost last night on a credit card. I just need to find out a new total. I also asked my mother for a loan, and she said she will see if she can help. Hopefully it is not MUCH higher. I maxed out the card last night, Only had a 450 balance anyways:rolleyes:... But we will see. Hopefully I will not have to beg off of my friends! Thank you all again!

Pam
11-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Katie, it sounds good. I am still keeping little Andy in my prayers, but I do believe in my heart he will be OK. You know, even though this has been a horrible experience for you, the whole thing may have served a purpose if only one person was alerted to the danger of dryers. After all, this is the internet and lots of people are reading.

Maybe you saw on the news the other day the story of a little three year old girl who fell through the opening of a fence overlooking a big 100' drop. Her parents were taking her picture and I guess thought it was a nice backdrop for a photo. Thank God the little girl was saved before she fell too far. Many people will now be more careful as a result of watching that video.

My Andy sends gentle purrs to your Andy for a speedy recovery. ;) :love:

Medusa
11-15-2008, 06:48 AM
We have all done stupid things with our babies. Just now I remembered that when we first adopted Archy & Binky, somehow Archy slipped into an open dresser drawer, crawled out the back of it and wedged himself in the back of the dresser behind the drawer.

I saw the drawer ajar, tried to close it, kept jamming it back until I realized something was wrong. There was poor little Archy, cowering in the back while I kept slamming it closed. I could have really hurt him or broken bones.

So you're not the only one..................:(

Yes, Katie, what she says is true. I did something similar once. I was trying to close a door and it just wouldn't close and I tried to force it. Well, Creamsicle's head was in the door and I didn't even look down and she didn't make a sound! I felt just like you feel now (ok, maybe not that bad but I felt awful). And one of my worst fears is turning on the oven, especially when it's self cleaning because it can't be opened then, and realizing one of my cats is in there. It has never happened but the Fur Posse is curious about the oven because so many good aromas come from there so I'm fanatical about checking the oven repeatedly. So you see, we know how cats can get into places in the blink of an eye w/out our knowing. I should've said all of this to you last night but I was bone tired and went to bed and prayed instead. The update about Andy sounds encouraging and if you're stretched financially when you need to pay for his ultrasound, etc., count me in, girlfriend. Keep the faythe. :love:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Thank you so much. I never thought about the self clean part.. I will now be more fanatical as well. I do ALWAYS check the oven, and I keep the oven light on just in case, and look often.

I understand about being tired, I still have not slept, so I am sure when I fall out (once I get my boy back) I will be out like a light.. On the floor beside my sweet boy, I cant wait:love:

pat1066
11-15-2008, 07:28 AM
I've never told anyone outside the family about this, Katie, but it might help you know that others make the same kind of mistakes. Once, many, many years ago, when I had a bustling household full of children young and old, I opened the dishwasher when it had completed its cycle to find one of our baby kitties. I had never had hysterics before, and never since, but I went into such a screaming, crying state that my older son had to tackle me, throw me on the couch and hold me down until I became rational again. We'll never know how the kitty go in there, but I have never, ever gotten over the guilt. Try to forgive yourself if you can. I know you'll get Andy back.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 07:39 AM
I am so sorry you had to go through that. That is awful, but I know that it was an accident, and I know the kitten knew it as well:( The panic, I know that feeling.

Just thinking about how long my boy was in there, how scared he was, how I walked past it 10 times before I heard the bumps... I cleaned potty pans, right beside the dryer. I cleaned the kitchen, RIGHT next to the area where the dryer is. I hope he did not know that. The what ifs are the worst of it.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss. I can look at your situation, and say I know it was a complete accident and you should NOT feel guilty. Guilt is a horrible feeling. I will never get over what I have done, I just pray I have MANY more years to make it up to him.

Thank you again.

moosmom
11-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Prayers and thoughts for Andy and you coming from CT.

:love: and HUGS to you Katie

Felicia's Mom
11-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Keeping Andy and you in my prayers.:love:

Kirsten
11-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Oh my gosh, reading this just sent chills down my spine!! Poor Andy, and poor you!!!! (((HUGS)))

Don't blame yourself, no matter how careful we are, how often we check things, accidents like this sometimes happen. :( :(

The most important thing is that Andy recovers from this ordeal, and I was very relieved that your reports from the vet clinic sound positive. I'll keep him in my thoughts and hope that he'll be able to come home to you very soon!

pat1066, what a horrible nightmare!!! I'm really sorry that such a terrible thing happened to you! :(

Kirsten

Freedom
11-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Katie, OMGosh, HUGS to you, and loads of prayers for health and a full recovery to sweet Andy!

"I am a bit over emotional just now" - hey, you have EVERY RIGHT to be just now. What a horror, but it sounds like you caught on to the situation and got Andy out and to the ER in time.

I too was sick just reading this. Poor sweet boy. How scary for both of you. He WILL recover and be home with his mommy soon.

Just an idea for some folks: I had to keep the water squirt bottle near the oven for a while when Tommy and Tuppence first arrived back in January. They were too curious for their own good; and for my sanity. Now they give the oven a wide berth as they pass it. I still have to keep watch, I know, but a bit of training may help too.

Anikaca77
11-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Katie,

I didn't post last night but I was praying hard for Andy. It wasn't your fault. Accidents do happen and since I live an apartment I've never had to experience checking dryers or washers.

But I know to keep that in mind for the day my husband and I get a house. I'm sure Andy knows how sorry you are and it sounds like he is getting better. I'm still going to continue to pray hard that everything goes well and that you will be able to bring him home.

Take care and Hugs to Andy,
Melissa

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok. Quick update. I called for a update (yes, another one) and this is what was said. I asked to speak directly to the evet. He got on and I requested that he do another exam, I wanted updated vitals/temps and heart rate.

He told me that vitals are ok, not bad not great. Temp is down to 103 now. Heart rate still elevated, in the 200s, but not as bad as it was. That his ear is scorched, and is now starting to show signs of a hematoma(filling with blood). He is still not eating, but he is still taking his ivs, and pain meds every 30 or so minutes.

He expects him to pull through, but that since he went through heat stroke, that I might need xrays and full blood work (liver failure is a issue). I told him that whatever he thinks is best. I would rather be safe than sorry. I dont think I could handle any more sorry right now.

So that is the up to the minute news. Please still pray hard for my boy. I wanted to bring him home today, but am now doubting that. Still hoping I can though.

Thank you all so much, and I am so grateful for my PT friends. Also, hubby woke up this morning and was alot nicer to me about this whole horrible thing. He says he is praying for Andy (he is VERY religious) and that he does feel terrible for him, as he would any animal that went through that. He was just mad at me.

*HUGS* to all of my PT friends!

RICHARD
11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey,
I hope the little bugger is okay.

I too just read this and I cannot imagine what your heart is feeling.

Sending your house prayers and good thoughts.

----------

Sometimes our Cat-dar, the cat radar we have when we are around our kitties, goes on the fritz....I cannot think that your "screen" looks like with so many kids in the area!:eek:

catmandu
11-15-2008, 09:44 AM
YOU SHOULDNT BLAME YOURSELF TOO MUCH AS WE ALL DO THINGS AUTOMATICALLY SOMETIMES AND THERES GOING TO BE THAT ONE TIME WHEN YOUR MIND IS ON SEVERAL THINGS AT ONCE WHEN YOU JUST FORGET TO CHECK
I DID THAT YESTERDAY WHEN MICHAELS THE DREAM WAS COMING HOME AND JJJ3 WOULD HAVE RIUNOUT BOTH DOORS IF HE HADNT SEEN OUR VET, DID A DOUBLE TAKE AND RAN BACK IN!!
OUR ANIMAL ANGELS ARE WITH ANDY NOW COMFORTING HIM , AND GIVING HIM THE BENEFIT OF THIER WARM AND LOVE, AND SNACKS THAT ANDY CAN EAT FROM THE FINEST RESOETS IN WHISTLER BC.
AND OF COURSE ALL THE PRAYERS FROM MYSELF, MY FOUND CATS , PORCH CATS RESCUED CTAS AND OUR ANIMAL ANGELS, AND WE PRAY WITH THE GRACE, MERCY AND BLESSINGS OF OUR ALL MIGHTY LORD GOD ABOVE.:love::love::love:

shais_mom
11-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm so sorry this happened Katie. And I'm sorry your husband was a jerk about it. :mad:
I have know several people that have had this happen to one without good results of the outcome. :(
I will keep you and Andy in my prayers.

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I am so glad it sounds like Andy will be okay. It will be a long recovery, for both of you.

I am in tears again reading what pat1066 went through. :(

Sending hugs and love from California to the Layne household and directly to Andy too.

Catty1
11-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I am glad your husband is praying...I figured he just reacted out of emotion, as you did. {{{hugs}}}

The hematoma on Andy's ear is a good sign - that is how the body tries to heal damage. It's a healing thing!

I want your PayPal addy too...I don't really have anything at all, but will use plastic to help out a bit! It's for the best cause ever! :)

maerlyn
11-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Katy, I don't come here as often as I'd like, but I just read your thread and had to reply. Years and years ago, I had a friend to whom this happened - and I've been paranoid on the subject ever since. It's a good paranoia - and one that all of us here will now share, for the safey of our kiddens.

You and Andy will be in my prayers; I personally have experienced the power of prayer, and, with so many good people here sending their petitions to the Creator, surely He will hear and answer.

JustineNYC
11-15-2008, 10:16 AM
This may help someone depending on how many cats you have, but I usually do a head count before I turn things on. I did laundry for the first time in my new home this week and checked the washing machine about 40 times before I shut the lid.

jennielynn1970
11-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Thinking about you and Andy this morning. Sending many good wishes and get well vibes his way!!

Hugs Katie!

RICHARD
11-15-2008, 10:46 AM
This may help someone depending on how many cats you have, but I usually do a head count before I turn things on. I did laundry for the first time in my new home this week and checked the washing machine about 40 times before I shut the lid.

I have to ask this.

I know this is a serious thread, but I started to laugh out loud when I read your post. I bought some real butter this week and have been taking little chunks out of it just to taste it. I could really see myself opening up the cooler and seeing my cat in there.

My real concern?

Did you ever ask the cat if the light in the refridgerator goes out when the door is closed?:confused::rolleyes::eek:

CathyBogart
11-15-2008, 11:02 AM
*Hugs* How terrifying for both of you!! :( I'm very glad to hear that the update this morning seems positive.

Everyone makes mistakes, so try not to beat yourself up too much. I remember once when I was driving and my Jasper had his head out the car window....he ended up falling out of the car on a busy road! I almost died of panic, and then humiliation once I realized he was ok. :(

AdoreMyDogs
11-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I never come to the cat side (or very rarely) but happened to see this thread. I'm so sorry that you have to go though such a HORRIBLE experience. No one deserves this kind of heart-ache :(

Hugs and I hope your kitty continues to improve.

jazzcat
11-15-2008, 11:21 AM
OMG Katie! I'm just now seeing this so I'm sitting here going through all the emotions. I'm so sorry this happened and shame on your husband for being a jerk last night but at least he realizes now. It's not your fault, it was an accident - remember that!

I'll be thinking about poor Andy and you today and keeping you both in my prayers. Hang in there little guy.

kuhio98
11-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh Katie ~ This is one of my worst fears. I'm so thankful that you were home and rescued Andy before it was too late. Many, many prayers for you both.

Cataholic
11-15-2008, 11:30 AM
OMG, I just saw this. Prayers coming strong that Andy will pull through. There is no room for guilt. Please, these things are accidents, and you can only look forward. I am so sorry your husband is being so difficult. At a time like this, it is the last thing you need.

Pat1066, I am so very sorry to read this happened to you to. I know your heart must still bear the wounds, and to come forward and offer your story now, to help Katie, is really so remarkable.

Vio&Juni
11-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Poor little baby. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for him.

He'll be ok.

orangemm
11-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Katie, I'm glad things look better for Andy; we'll keep praying for him, and by all means get the extra tests/Xrays done. Don't worry, we will all pitch in for you. I would rather you have peace of mind than to have to worry about Andy any more than you have. You have to be a wreck and stress isn't good for you.:(

To pat1066...I can't imagine the grief and horror you went through. I never told anyone else about Archy, either, and I still feel guilty to this day. Just remember he is in a better place now, happily playing at the Bridge. My heart goes out to you, too................

Catty1
11-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Katie, here are some stats I came across on Google - I went to more than one site - and it shows a normal range of heartbeat and temp for a cat to give you an idea of where Andy is at. :love:

http://www.petplace.com/cats/what-is-normal-in-cats/page1.aspx

Body Temperature

Body temperature in animals is taken rectally. The normal body temperature for a cat is 100 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit. If your pet has a temperature less than 99 or over 104, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Heart Rate

The heartbeat can be felt on the left side of the chest at the area where a raised elbow will touch the chest. Your pet should be calm and quiet. Place your hand over this area of the chest and feel for a heartbeat. You can also use a stethoscope if you have one. Count the number of heartbeats for 15 seconds and multiply that number by 4.

If you cannot determine your pet's heartbeat, you can try to determine the pulse rate. The easiest pulse to feel is the pulse associated with the femoral artery. This artery is best felt inside the back leg in the groin area. Place your first two fingers up high on the inside of your pet's thigh. Slowly feel the area until you can detect a pulse. This method may take some practice and you may want to ask your veterinarian for guidance during a routine exam.

Cats typically have heart rates between 160 to 220 beats per minute. If your pet has a heart rate outside the normal range, contact your veterinarian immediately.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesconditionsfaqs/tp/TP_catfacts.htm

3. Heart Rate
120-140 beats per minute

When stressed, heart rates will increase. This will normalize as the cat calms down in healthy animals. Cats that suffer from heart conditions (cardiomyopathy) or diseases such as hyperthyroidism will have increased heart rates -- over 200 beats per minute in some cases. (This rate seems low to me, but oh well!)

And here is a link where the rates are disputed. ;) Just average it out, and your vet is the best expert as he knows Andy!

http://cats.about.com/b/2004/10/07/the-kitty-numbers-racket-interesting-facts-about-cats.htm

Comments

November 4, 2007 at 5:40 pm
(1) Mark says:

http://www.missionmedvet.com/faqs/irregular_heart_beat.htm
says that the normal cat heartbeat is 160-240, not 110-140 as you say.
November 5, 2007 at 10:05 am
(2) Franny Syufy says:

Thanks for your input, Mark. I guess it depends on the expert of your choice. Drs. Foster & Smith say 110-140. Saundra Sample, D.V.M. says 140-160. Dr. Mike Richards says the normal pulse rate is 110-130, with a MAXIMUM heart rate of 240. So you can see, even the experts disagree. :)

BTW Katie - if you need to skip a day or two of school when Andy gets home, just email this pic to your instructors:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-cat-is-sick-and-cannot-go-to-school.jpg

Reachoutrescue
11-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh My God Katie!! I am just reading this post as I have been away from PT for like ages! I am praying long and hard the Andy makes a full recovery. I am sorry this happened to him....please do not blame yourself. This is every cat owner's fear. I am sure you are not the first person whose cat has escaped their sight and snuck in the dryer. I bet when Andy comes home he will stay clear of the laundry room!!

Get better soon Andy...lots of love, prayers, and (((HUGS))) from our end.

Donnaj4962
11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I am just seeing this thread.... and my heart goes out to you and Andy. I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Many, many prayers coming from me and the girls that Andy is soon back home with you, recuperating in your loving arms.

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Andy is in my prayers. I hope he's home with you soon.

phesina
11-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm just seeing the thread now, too. Oh my God, how very awful for both Andy and you. I feel so bad for you, because I can only imagine how I would feel in those circumstances.

What a blessing that you found him when you did and rushed him off to the vets right away. Prayers that Andy is soon back home with his loving, beloved Meowmie and makes a full recovery.

We are saying lots more prayers and sending along lots of healing energies and good wishes for the both of you.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~,
Pat and cats

LionHart
11-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Prayers are out there for your and your baby. But please don't be too hard on yourself. This was an accident. Having 11 cats, myself, in a small apt at that, I can understand how something like this could happen. We seem to always find a cat somewhere he/she shouldn't be. Or lose one...we went a day not missing one of the kids!:o

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I got the good news that I can take Andy home for the night! He is getting his xray and bloodwork done, then I can bring him home! They said that his temp is the same, heart rate still elevated but stable enough to get home.

They want him to try to come home and eat, since he is not eating.

I can not thank everyone enough for the prayers, well wishes, and shoulder to lean on. It mean SO much to me. I cant be any more grateful that I found my family in 2004 on a website. :love: This whole horrible ordeal has been a bit easier, knowing that I have support.

In regards to donations, I normally would say absolutely not. But I cant rule that out yet, as I need to see my bill. I am sure that this is more than I thought, because of the extra xrays and bloodwork. I just need to figure it out. I feel so guilty about taking donations from my friends, esp since this is my own fault. Thank you for those who want to help.

BUT I want this to be good news, and I do feel it is good. Andy is coming HOME! Even if for a night, I could not be more hopeful. I will DEF take a few pictures once we are settled. I need to go buy some baby food and canned food, and some baby wipes etc.. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!:D

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Woo Hoo!! I am so happy for you and Andy. Maybe being home will help his heartrate level out too. And all of the love you are going to shower him with will help him to a full recovery.

:D :D :D :D

Medusa
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh that's such great news! I'm sure that Andy will do much better once he's home w/his mom. And since we're family, don't look receiving money as donations; consider it to be our contribution as family members. :love:

jenluckenbach
11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I am glad to hear that Andy can come home. If they forget to suggest it, I would recommend keeping him confined. He might be a bit scared AND it will allow you to monitor his food intake. And remember to stay calm (don't overwhelm him with apologies) he'll be able to feel your stress. But he'll be happy to be home. :love:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys! I am SO relieved. Instead of calling every hour, I will be there!

Jen, yes I must keep him confined. The tech told me is going to be on fluids once he gets home. Not sure if ivs or subQ. Chances are he must go back tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will eat, and that he will calm down (heart rate) once he gets home and isnt so bumbarded with other dogs/cats and docs prodding him. Now he can look forward to MEOWMIE prodding and kissing and loving. Poor fella. I will update AS SOON as I can. :love::)

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Katie, I just finished reading this thread and I'm so sorry that this has happened.:( Like others have said, please try not to blame yourself because it was an accident. Cats are too curious for their own good sometimes.

I'm so glad to hear that he's able to come home and I hope he'll eat something for you and continue to get stronger and become more stabilized. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

orangemm
11-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Thank goodness Andy will be home where he belongs...with you! That will go a long way in speeding up his recovery and healing, being in familiar surroundings with his loving meowmie.

I know you are so relieved that he is progressing (so are we!) and I'm sure you will spoil him rotten. It sure can't hurt!

And, please do not hesitate to ask for help; we are as generous with our wallets as we are with our prayers....don't forget that.

(((hugs))) to both of you!:love::love:

RedHedd
11-15-2008, 05:17 PM
I haven't been able to post because I can't see through the tears. I feel so bad for both of you, but I have been thinking of you and praying for Andy's recovery all day. I'm glad he is coming home. Gentle hugs to both of you.

Reachoutrescue
11-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I am so glad Andy is going home. He will be in terrific hands at home with you! Please give him a gently kiss and scratchie for me!!

Purr-tender
11-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I am so happy that you will have your baby back home with you tonight! There is no doubt in my mind that just being home will reduce his heart rate and once he is settled in will eat a bit. I wouldn't expect him to be ready to eat till later tonight though. Please give him gentle hugs from me and my furbabies.

More ((HUGS)),
Mary

Cataholic
11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Still thinking of you and hoping for an update before bedtime!

Freedom
11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Great that he can come home. Sometimes getting back to normal settings helps a LOT after a trauma. Routine sights and smells, etc. Praying that this helps Andy recover more quickly.

Catty1
11-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Looking forward to updates on Andy when he gets home!

HUGS! Give him a kiss for me.:love:

Scooter's Mom
11-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Give Andy a kiss for me, too!

Pam
11-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Thank you for all of the updates! And....Thank You God for answered prayer! I think once he gets home he may want to eat. The stress of being away and surrounded by strange furkids has probably taken away his appetite. :) I can't wait to hear that he is home in your arms. :)

Felicia's Mom
11-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Glad that Andy can come home. I'll be looking for updates.:)

Anikaca77
11-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Still praying for Andy and for you Katie, it's a tough time but I'm praying everything will work out well.

:)

Lilith Cherry
11-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Happy to know Andy is able to come home. yipee! prayers and good thoughts continuing!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Update!

It is later than I thought, because right before I picked Andy up he had another spike in tempature, so we had to wait a few hours there, and see if it went down. It did, down to 103 again. His blood panel said that his liver enzyme is quite high, but that it could get better if he ate.

I syringe fed him 1/2 jar of turkey food, and he wanted it SO badly. He got most down, his poor tounge.:( BUT atleast he tried. That is better than at the vets. He did not eat at all there.

When he saw me, he stood up and tried to meow. He headbumped me and rolled on his back. I got him home and he even tried to go into HIS room... He has to be seperate so he is in the other spare. He is laying comfortably and I am sure waiting for some attention.

The bill was ridiculous, but I guess they did work so hard for him. I could not be more grateful. BUT I still need to bring him back tomorrow, and then to my regular vet on Monday (or Tuesday) to fix his hematoma. Also, he needs ANOTHER blood test to make sure his liver is functioning correctly in 7 days. I will post pictures in a little while. I have to spend some time with him, as well as all of the other stuff I have neglected to do in the last 2 days. Thank you all again! Katie and Andy

Pam
11-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I am getting ready for bed but just had to check in one last time and am so glad I did! Just reading that he gave you head bumpies made my heart soar. What wonderful news! I am so happy for you both and will look forward to seeing some pictures once he is settled in. If I was in North Carolina tonight this is what we would be doing! >>>>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/Graphics/happy-dance.gif Feel all better soon Andy! :love:

Purr-tender
11-15-2008, 10:23 PM
You must be so relieved to have him home, eating and now resting comfortably. I know it must feel wonderful for him to be back in his own home! It sounds like he was very, very happy to see his meowmie, too. Andy is going to be one spoiled little guy, isn't he?!;) Tell him he has one huge fan club cheering that he is home.

Mary

rg_girlca
11-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh Katie, what a horrible accident to have happened. No matter how many people mention that "IT ISN'T YOUR FAULT", you will still blame yourself. I'm happy that he is home with you even if it's just for a night. I know this is what you both need at the moment and that he ate a little bit.
Big time prayers on the way for precious Andy and {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} for you. Just think if you had decided to go outside or to the store, the outcome would have been tragic. BUT, thankfully you were home and saved him from a certain death.
Years ago, when I went into the fridge to get a drink, I didn't notice when I closed the door that Mooky had jumped into it. About 5 minutes later, the hubby went to get something out of the fridge and out popped Mooky. Thankfully he was okay, but I dreaded the thought of how long he would have been in there if it wasn't for the hubby opening the fridge up.
Another time, my sweet Katie girl, got closed in my sons closet in the morning and was closed in there for the whole day while everyone was at work. When my son came home, he could hear something in the closet so opened it up and out came Katie giving him heck like you wouldn't believe.
It's unfortunate that these things happen, but they are "ACCIDENTS", that can happen to the best of us. So please dear sweet girl, do not beat yourself up over this, okay.

Prairie Purrs
11-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Awww, what a sweet boy! Very good news that he's getting food down. Being home has done him good already! :)

Catty1
11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Yes, the bills can be atrocious, but Andy is worth every penny! How GREAT that he wants to eat so badly...he has his Meowmy!!!!

I have a feeling that the liver levels will improve now that he is eating. And the headbumps and rollovers - he loves you! You know that. Soak it all in and I hope you start to heal a bit.

My mom's cat had a hematoma...basically they drain it, and stitch it crosswise to it heals flat - it's called quilting.

I've attached a couple of pics of Pyka, my mom's cat, to give you an idea. I hope they use fashionably coloured stitches. ;)

Catty1
11-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Katie...you've probably been asked this, but can you get Care Credit? There is no interest if it is paid off in three months.

If your vet can even arrange payments, PTrs here have volunteered to chip in. I know you will let us know.

{{{{hugs}}}}

columbine
11-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Be well, sweet little Andy. Eat lots of food, and rest easy. You had an awful accident and scared a lot of people, but you're going to be OK. :love:

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 11:31 PM
I am so glad he is home with you!!! I am doing a happy dance here, especially when I heard how he acted when he saw you. AWwwww.

Candace is right, see if you can get Care Credit. That's what I am using for Taz's surgery. Only I had to sign up for 24 months with 11.9% interest, but I plan on paying it off WAY before 24 months. The 3 and 6 month interest free payments monthly were too high for me to commit to. But the monthly for the 24 month is low enough that I can always pay more and get it paid off faster.

Big hugs to you and Andy.
(My sister had a cat named Andy and we always called him Andy Rooney, or Roo)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks guys! Yes I did the care credit for the 500 dollars. I paid the 450 with the credit card(discover) and I paid 100 cash.

Now I need to come up with 100 plus for the hematoma, 30 for the exam, and the 2nd blood test is about 120. I am trying to work that out. I really cant even afford the payments on the 2 cards, but I will have to work it out. I also have to get an xray tomorrow ( could not fit it in tonight), I hope they dont charge me more for bringing him back, other than the x ray. Exam? I dunno, they might.

My regular vet I found out this morning, quit.. So I will need to speak to the office manager, and see if she will go ahead and let me get Andy fixed up there on Monday or Tuesday. I dont have the money, and I have maxed out the card and my wallet. I wont be able to pay them anything for about 2 weeks. And I mean nothing:eek: This week was mortgage week, and it takes up one entire paycheck, and 1/4 of the next. They usually make me pay 1/2 and then 1/2 the next week. * SIGH* Wish I was rich... But I am very blessed.

SO I may just need a little help, IF I can not work out something. I dont know. I just dont have it in me to stress over it right now. I guess is someone wants too, they can contact me. But I dont want to stress myself or anyone else out in any way over this. This is my problem, I am just glad to be able to share and vent with my friends/family.

NOW ONTO ANDY!
Andy is so rotten, he is being so clingy, and I just adore him. I cant believe how well he is doing, and how happy he seems to be home. He sure was glad to see his brother Amos. They kissed on the face, and Andy perked up. He even managed to pull out his IV when I left to mush and heat his baby food.:eek: The ERV said that it is ok, as long as he wasnt bleeding. His neck has 6 poke holes in it, appearantely they forgot to tell me how hard it was to find a vein.... His poor neck is shaved all up.

Want pictures??? Here ya go!
At the ERV:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cbde6116dc00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5ca92e4b70300000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
At home now:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cb576f560e00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cbb949d76f00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cacfa976c800000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cb166716be00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cbc37ed76500000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5ca0347764000000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Once again, Thank you all SOSOSO much for all of the prayers, well wishes, and for giving me support in the lowest point I can remember. Me and Andy will NEVER forget the care/compassion shown to us. All hugs and lovings are giving to Andy regularly!

Purr-tender
11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
He looks wonderful!!! You'd never know that he'd just went through so much trauma! What a very lucky boy. How is his tongue doing?

Again, I'd like to help you tackle some of that huge vet bill. Let me know how to get it to you.

Now, get some sleep!! You must be wiped out.

Mary

Taz_Zoee
11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Awww, he looks great! Honestly, I was expecting him to look worse. I don't know why.
Hey Andy, Taz knows how it feels to be all shaved up. His tummy is nakie right now and he has a patch on his leg just like you!
You are home now Andy, so rest up and get all better for your meowmie. She was/is very worried about you.
Katie, you know I would definitely help you out financially if I wasn't in the same boat. All I can give at this point is my love and support.

RICHARD
11-16-2008, 12:50 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf34b3127ccec5cbde6116dc00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I don't care HOW TALL I HAVE TO BE to get on that ride!!!!

Never Again!

Andy,

Stay away from the electric things! You make us all nervous!:eek:

Reachoutrescue
11-16-2008, 01:07 AM
I don't care HOW TALL I HAVE TO BE to get on that ride!!!!

Never Again!

Andy,

Stay away from the electric things! You make us all nervous!:eek:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!! I am so glad you are okay Andy....good thing cats have 9 lives!!!! Love to you, handsome boy!! And to your meomie for all her worries!!!

Vio&Juni
11-16-2008, 02:10 AM
The first thing today as I got us, I checked to see how Andy is doing.

I am glad he's home and he does look pretty good, even very handsome, I'd say. The first thing, when I suspect one of my cats is not ok, is check his eyes, they have a different expression. Andy's look good, that is a good sign.

Kisses from me for the cute boy.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Thank you so much guys!

Richard, that is the perfect caption! LOL I needed a good laugh:D

Yes, he really does look wonderful. He is wobbly, but IS trying to eat on his own. His tounge is really swollen, and just reminds me of chopped meat. That must hurt so bad:( BUT he is very happy to be home. He is now napping comfortably on his HUGE dog bed. He gets med again at 3:30, and every 2 hours after.

I did finally after 2 days sit down and eat a bit. I feel so much better, although I am exhausted. I did not sleep at all last night, so in an hour or two after his next feeding(4 am) I will nap for a little while.

Thanks again, and Andy def. thanks you so much as well:love:!

Edited to add: Cindy, I completely understand. Prayers are worth more to me anyday! And I am so thankful you prayed for my boy!

Barbara
11-16-2008, 06:00 AM
I am so sorry- I read this right now. Sending all my best wishes to Andy and you. Especially you because you will never forget it while Andy will begin to forget it soon.

Medusa
11-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Why, Andy looks just great! I checked this thread as soon as I got up this morning, hoping to see a pic or two, and there he is in all his glory. I think (and pray) that the worst is over. Now you get to snuggle and cuddle and pamper Andy for a good long time.

Moesha
11-16-2008, 07:32 AM
This was the first place I checked when I got up this morning also. I was afraid to see pictures, but Andy looks much better than I ever thought he would. I'm glad he is trying to eat and that his liver counts will go down as he eats more.

jenluckenbach
11-16-2008, 07:37 AM
He looks SO happy!
Just a passing thought.....would they consider placing a feeding tube? I am sure his tongue is what is preventing him from wanting to eat. Maybe a feeding tube could help him past this stage until his tongue feels less painful?? I'm no vet, but I would at least ask about the possibility.
Andy, so glad you're home. :love:

Pam
11-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Katie the pictures brought a big smile to my face. He looks so good and happy now to be home. :) I have told my hubby about this thread and he even had a look at Andy this morning and said that he may have used up one of his lives but he still has eight to go. :) I, too, would like to send you a little help with the vet bills, if you would PM me with your address. Oh Happy Day! :love:

Scooter's Mom
11-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi Andy! You have such bright eyes for having gone through such an experience. I bet your mommie is so relieved that they're so bright, huh? You look fantastic sweet boy.

Hugs and very gentle headbumpies,
Crystal

Katie - he looks wonderful! :love:

Cataholic
11-16-2008, 08:52 AM
What a wonderful sight to see this morning! I hope the night went reasonably well, and that Andy is eating some more. I would like to help out, too, so, when you have a moment, please pm me your address.

Looking forward to more updates!

jennielynn1970
11-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh he looks so good!!! I'm so glad he's home! I lost my interenet and phone last night due to moving furniture and pulled wires out of the wall :o and I was freaking out not being able to check in and see how he was!

So glad to see pics of his handsome face! Please give him some kisses for me!

JenL's idea of the feeding tube is a great one! I agree, his tongue must hurt like heck!

Kirsten
11-16-2008, 10:03 AM
It's wonderful to see him back home, looking so good and healthy! :)

Andy, you are one lucky kitty, please stay away from the dryer from now on, and tell your buddies to do the same!

I hope Andy's tongue will heal quickly, I figure eating is no fun for him at the moment...

Kirsten

orangemm
11-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome home, Andy!!! You had a tough couple of days, but now things are looking up for you. All of us here are pulling for you (and your meowmie) and still keeping you in our prayers.

TRY to eat a bit more, you will feel much better if you do...and you'll get better faster!!

Love:love::love::love::love:and ((((hugs)))) to you, sweet Andy!

RedHedd
11-16-2008, 10:29 AM
He looks great. Tongues heal quickly and I hope his does too. He didn't bite off bits, did he? What did the vet say about his tongue? Prayers still going out your way. Is iMOM still available?

kb2yjx
11-16-2008, 10:44 AM
O MY!!! One day away from the computer and I missed this incredible thread!!!! My heart just sank when I read the start of the thread!!! We all try to be so careful with these creatures, however, despite out very best efforts, they do get into some situations. We have 2 cats, Hope Simone and Nimet, who are RIGHT there when they hear the dryer door open!!! Hope Simone has hoped in(usually AFTER the clothes are dry)and will hide under the clothes. She gets very upset when I put her in the clothes basket along with the clothes. Nimet has done the very same. They are the two, that if I cannot find them, I know to look in the closets!!! They REALLY keep up on our toes!!! BUT, I am just so glad that your boy looks great, is eating, and is so happy to be HOME!!!!

Alysser
11-16-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm so sorry I didn't see this :( Poor little Andy, what a sweet face, but I'm glad to see he is happy to be home wtih his Meowmie. :)

jazzcat
11-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm so glad he is home and he looks much better than I expected. I sure hope his tongue swelling and pain goes away quickly so he'll be able to eat better.

Please give him a gentle hug and kiss for me.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Awwwww, the look in his eyes says more than a 1000 words!! I am so happy for you & Andie!! He looks great, and I am sure he will get all better!! Give him a gentle kissie on that cute nose of him :):love:

Freedom
11-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Just catching up on the pics. Once I knew he was home with you, I stopped worrying so much, lol. Nothing like being with meowmie!

Continue the healing, dear Andy!

Felicia's Mom
11-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm happy he is home and looking great. Keep getting better Andy.

carole
11-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Andy looks so good considering what he has been through, i am so happy he is home and healing, poor wee thing, i bet that tongue hurts,here's hoping Andy makes a speedy recovery and to meowmie,hope you start to feel better too, know exactly how you are feeling, time will heal him and you.:)

Emeraldgreen
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
It's so good to see his pics and read that he is on the mend. Like Moesha, I was scared to open this thread because I thought he was going to look horrible, but he looks AWESOME! He is so handsome and I'm sure that he is loving being home with you and his brother and the other cats.
He looks like he is enjoying the 'coolness' of the metal that he is laying on in the pics. It probably is more comfortable for him right now to be cool as opposed to warm.

It might help his tongue feel better if he ate things that were chilled. It sounds like his tongue was mostly injured from being bitten but it also might have been burned a bit with the heat. Either way, the coolness of chilled canned food or even some ice cream or ice cubes in his water might help reduce some inflammation and bring him some relief.

Could you PM your information? I would like to contribute something towards Andy's bill. It's the least I can do with all the amazing help I've received from Pettalkers for my foster/rescue cat Barney. It's crazy how the bills can mount up in such a short time and Andy still has stuff that is upcoming so I'm sure it's stressful. He looks so good though considering his ordeal. It truly is a miracle.:)

CultureJunky
11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh my lord, I am just reading this! Katie I am so sorry you have had to go through such a trauma, and oh Andy you poor boy, you are so brave to have gone through this. I am praying you will recover as quickly as possible. And your Meowmie loves you very much and didn't mean for anything to happen to you.
My best wishes and kisses coming your way Andy :love:

doolittleky
11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Andy is truly one blessed cat! He has one powerful guardian angel and of course so many others here sending him postive thoughts! When Katie called me Friday night hysterical, I couldn't understand anything she was saying except Andy... dryer and my heart stopped. I immediately thought of a coworker years ago whose husband didn't know there kitten was in their dryer and the kitten died. Katie was sooo panicked and upset that when I finally understood what had happened I was trying to help calm her down but really don't feel I did. She was speeding to the vet with him and I was scared to death she was going to kill herself driving in the condition. I told her I would call my vet to see if there was any advice that she could give to Katie until she got to the vet. I hoped that hearing what a vet said would help her. Katie and I met here on Pet Talk and we have become best friends. We talk almost daily. We are like sisters. I feel her cats are my cats too. So I felt her pain and I didn't know how to help. Katie, I wish I could have helped you more. I am sooo thankful that Andy is ok and looking so good after what happened to him. And I know how you are going to be for the rest of your life over this. But, you have to let go of the guilt and not blame yourself. The important thing is Andy is ok.

And to all that have offered help, that is so generous of you. Katie really appreciates it. I know she is going to kill me for what I am going to say next but here goes, Katie doesn't like to ask for anything and I know this bill is already way more than she can handle. She will tell you that she will be able to figure something out just because she hates the thought of having to take money from anyone. But she could really use the help no matter what she says.

I am getting ready to call her to see how things are going today. We talked until late last night. She was so happy and relieved Andy was home. He ate the baby food and wanted more. he tried to jump on stuff but couldn't quite make it.

Prayers to you both.

Love Melissa

phesina
11-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Katie, what a difference between the "arriving at the vet's" pictures and the "arriving back home" ones! So good to see him back where he belongs, with those who love him most giving him the tenderest, lovingest care.

I'll be glad to contribute too.. Would someone please let me know where to send a check or a Paypal donation? Thanks.

Pat

pat1066
11-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Katie - I'm so glad you have Andy back. Love him gently; I know he'll be well soon.

Pat

anna_66
11-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I read about what happened this morning and couldn't bring myself to reply.
I also told my mom about it and she said she'll be sending prayers your way also.
I'm so glad to hear about the good update and to hear that he's home. I hope he keeps getting better day by day:)

Randi
11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry to see this has happened, but don't beat yourself up about it, it was a tragic accident. :(

It's good to see Andy survived and is home now. He looks good on the pictures. :)

Give him lots of love and cuddles. :love:

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Poor Andy! Glad he is improving. My husband is nutty (or maybe not!) about the dryer. He fusses if I leave it open even if empty. He fears one of the kitties will get in it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok. Not so great update. Andy did well today, BUT would not eat.I thought it was from so much excitement and the tounge hurting. He was acting ok, listless but that is to be expected. Anyways, by afternoon, the ERV said he sounds fine, and that I could just bring him to my normal vet tomorrow- WONDERFUL!\

About an hour ago, I was loving on him, and he felt hot to the touch - nose, ears, paw pads, and gums. I had hubby hold him while I took his temp. It is back up tp 104.5. I have to bring him in for the night. The ERV said that is much higher than it should be, so I have to bring him back. I cant believe this. It is the sick feeling all over again...

I promise to update once I get the information. I am sorry I got my and you alls hopes up:( Please continue to pray for Andy.

Scooter's Mom
11-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Katie, you and Andy are in my prayers. He's a healthy, strong boy and he will pull through! Keep the faith that he'll pull through. I know when I'm not feeling well, the evenings are when I am at my worst.

Hugs to you all,
Crystal

jennielynn1970
11-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Just keep thinking that the fever is fighting off something going on. That's all.

He will be fine, he just has to be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Andy tonight. Just keep calm. Hugs, Katie!

Ginger's Mom
11-16-2008, 05:20 PM
I am so sorry to see this latest update. I guess because he just seemed to look so good, I thought the worst was over. More prayers and good thoughts going out for Andy.

Freedom
11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I am sure being home with you has helped him. So let him spend the night at the ERV maybe getting some fluids to help his body cope with the healing process

Continued prayers for Andy.

Taz_Zoee
11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Katie, I again have tears in my eyes. This is going to take some time, but he just has to get better. He looks so great! And there are SOO many people here pulling for him.
Did you happen to ask the vet about the feeding tube Jen mentioned? Or some way they could get nourishment into him since his tongue is so sore? I think that will help him tremendously.

We are still sending out our strong positive thoughts that Andy will overcome this and be back home with his siblings and his meowmie very soon.

Catty1
11-16-2008, 05:27 PM
He'll get better, hon - this is just a setback. You know that when humans get sunstroke, it can be a bit like flu...you start feeling better, then slide back a bit if you overdo even a little. Andy was 'being a cat', and just needs a little more intervention to cool him down again.

HUGS and major PT prayers to you all. :love:

Moesha
11-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Everyone has Andy in their thoughts, and we sure are hoping for good news to come. I can't imagine the ups and downs you are going through. Please try to take care of yourself through this ordeal.

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Katie, I'm glad that Andy was able to come home and spend some time with you. He sure looks good.:) I'm so sorry to hear that his temperature went back up and that he has to go back to the ERV.:( He'll remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

sasvermont
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh my. We all, here in Camp Vermont, send Andy get well wishes. Two girls (campers of the furry kind) send especially warm wishes as they too, were bad little campers and tried out the washer and dryer when they were younger. Lucy, the little (now huge) black kitten ended up in the washer for a few minutes and Chloe ended up in the dryer for a round or two. It is so common. Lucy, lucky as could be, was in my front load washer, and one that uses the minimum amount of water. I also use eco friendly detergent, thus she came out unscathed and smelling sweet as could be. I had her checked at the vet the following day, and she was fine. My guess is that she was in there for less the two minutes. Chloe, one of my Aby girls was in the dryer for about 30 seconds, when I heard the thuds and just knew it was probably a cat. Sure enough. She walked funny for a few minutes, but I got her just in time. Neither of them will go near the laundry area now. It happens SO often.

I hope you will let yourself off the hook for this problem. Cats are just so curious and you will never be able to save them all, from themselves. It just happens.

I will never forget my two cats and their incidents, and I was so darn lucky. I hope your luck is as good as mine.

((((((((((((((((((Andy and Meowmie))))))))))))))))))

Keep us posted. If it is meant to be, Andy will be fine. If not, he will be one of our furry friends, keeping all the others company, in RB. Let's hope for the best!

Sas and her lucky Campers from VT:love::love:

jenluckenbach
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
So sorry that Andy needs to go back to the vet, but better safe in their hands than have you worrying at home. The prayers are still coming.

momtomany
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
The Dunn gang is adding their prayers along with everyone else for both you and Andy.

chocolatepuppy
11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
More prayers headed Andy's way. {hugs}

doolittleky
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
ok, I just talked to Katie. She was on her way to the ER with Andy. She said that they can't even see him until 9:00 because they are packed. She gave me her paypal address for anyone that wanted to contribute to the vet bill. It is [email protected] . For anyone that would rather pay the vet directly she said she would have to wait until tomorrow and talk to her regular vet clinic to see if they would take a payment plan and then get him an appt and then she can give you the vet info. She wanted me to tell you how much she appreciates all your prayers and support and your offers to help. She is suppose to call me back when she finds more out about Andy.
Melissa

Vermontcat
11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.
I'm sorry to hear that Andy had to go back to the vet's tonight.
Hopefully they will get him feeling better overnight and you will get to bring him back home again tomorrow.
He is such a handsome boy, he really looks good in the pictures you posted.
Sending hugs and get well soon wishes your way.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Thank you all so much again for all of the support. It means so much.

Andy got to come home again, his temp is up, and he needs antibiotics, because his ear is scorched, all the way into the canal. He keeps scratching at it, and peeling away the dead/burned skin. They think it is infected.

He is now in an e collar, has burn medication for the burn areas (ears, leg, lips) and antibiotics, along with anti inflamatories, and more pain meds.

He should make it, the vet said, as long as he gets this infection kicked. The doctor said thhe believes his appetite will be better, once the meds kick in. I hope so.

I will update more later with pics, I have so much to do, and Andy needs to be syringe fed. He must be starving. I will be back! Thank you all so much. Katie and Andy

Scooter's Mom
11-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Katie, you and Andy will be in my thoughts and prayers.

As I said earlier - he's a strong healthy kitty. He can beat this! Give him gentle hugs from me.

((Hugs)) to you!
Crystal

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Katie, I'm glad that he was able to come home with you and I hope that he'll continue to improve and eat better. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Now try to get some sleep and please take care of yourself too. (((HUGS)))

jazzcat
11-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I had to check for an update before calling it a night. I'm glad he is back home with you and the vet thinks he will be okay once the infection is gone.

More prayers on the way for Andy.

Catty1
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Good news! Maybe when the hematoma gets treated, that will help his ear too. Meanwhile, if the vet gave him some good strong anti-b's, that will help, and the pain and anti-inflammatories will help him be more comfy.

And Meowmie feeding him - the ultimate miracle cure! ;):love:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Quick update. I just got done with all of my regular chores, and then back to Andy. He did eat an ENTIRE jar of baby food, syringe of course, but he also licked off of my finger the last 1/4 of a jar. Wouldnt eat out of the bowl or off a spoon though.

He pottied ALOT so I know his fluids are going through regularly. Once I gave all the meds (4 kinds) he seemed to perk up after an hour, enough to eat and nap.

He still HATES his ecollar. Poor guy. But he is ok with the meds, although the ear cream seems to irratate him a bit. Since his ear is scortched all the way into the inner canal, I cant get the cream in all the way, without pain. He also has hearing loss, Does not respond even when clapping hard or banging right behind his ears...which the vet said most likely is temporary. *fingers crossed* But I bet it is just so swollen inside, making it so he cant hear.

He does not feel as hot to the touch either. I think the pain meds kick in, and he calms a bit.

His heart rate is still high, but that is to be expected.

The vet also said he did gain 2 ounces since he was home with me. Forced feeding does that to you I suppose! But they are not as forced anymore, he willing lets me do it without struggle.

I just wish all these meds were taken at the same time. They are all different times, so it makes it hard for me to get any sleep, more than 2 hours at any given time. The pain meds every 6 hours, the ear cream every 4, the antibiotics every 12, and the anti inflammatory every 7. :eek::rolleyes:

I made up a schedule, where I check off each med, and I always know what time the next meds are. Seems to make it easier.

Anyways, here are just a few pictures I snapped a minute ago.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf36b3127ccec5f60982c6d700000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf36b3127ccec5f68ce4866b00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
Still quite wobbly.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf36b3127ccec5f66371c61100000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
Just standing looking pitiful...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf36b3127ccec5f7861c27ea00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
Thats all for tonight. Thank you all so much for the continued thoughts and prayers.:love:

Reachoutrescue
11-17-2008, 02:51 AM
I am glad Andy is home again and will keep praying for him to make a full recovery. This must be so hard for you Katie. Please know we are all here for you. Call me if you need to.

Love to both of you!!!

orangemm
11-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Awww, sweet boy........you are looking better now, Andy. And I'm glad to hear that you are eating a bit more. Let meowmie feed you, you need all the goodies you can get.

I know you hate that collar, but once your little ear starts to heal, it will be better.

Gentle scritches to you, Andy, and (((hugs))) to your meowmie........:love::love:

pat1066
11-17-2008, 06:17 AM
We all know you and Andy are in for a rough road for a while, but it's comforting to know that everything is moving in the right direction. Our thoughts are with you both.

Fondly,
Pat

Vio&Juni
11-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Poor Andy, he does look funny with that collar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets better sooner. I know he'll get better.

mamaducky
11-17-2008, 06:54 AM
What a huge relief that Andy was able to come home with you last night! I know it had to be so upsetting when he had to go back to the vet with his fever; I'm glad they were able to make some adjustments and let him go back home with Meowmie.

Andy is just a beautiful guy, and you'd never guess what he's been through recently by looking at him! He is so lucky to have you to take such good care of him -- now don't forget to take care of yourself as well...!

Love & hugs to all of you,
Diana

Moesha
11-17-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm back first thing this morning for the update. I'm glad Andy got to come home. I woke up an hour before I needed to and tried to go to sleep and all I could do was think of Andy. Needless to say I didn't go back to sleep. I hope you're getting rest and that Andy is also. Please let us know what your vet says today. Is he having the ultrasound and x-rays today?

jenluckenbach
11-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the update. Still sending prayers for Andy.

Will he be going to your vet today?

kt_luvs_kitties
11-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks so much everyone!

Jen, No his appointment is scheduled for Thursday at 2pm.
BUT he will probably go to the regular vet IF anything changes, IE. Temp changes, or anything is amiss. I will take him back to the ERV tonight( rechecks are free or reduced there now) just to get a quick once over.

He is still doing good. He is such a very loving and sweet boy:love:

The estimate for his hematoma, anesthesia, exam and pain injection is 271.50. That excludes take home meds and antibiotics since he is already on them.

Thank you all for caring so much about my boy. I have told him all about you all, and he purrs away:)

anna_66
11-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I was thinking about you first thing this morning so I thought I'd check in.
Sorry to hear he had a high fever, but I'm very glad it came down with all the meds.

Belly scratches to you Andy

catlover4ever
11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Oh my gosh. I'm just checking posts from the weekend and saw this. I'm so glad to see that Andy is doing better. He looks better than I thought he would look. Glad to see that he is doing better.

critters
11-17-2008, 08:35 AM
He looks really, really good Katie, MUCH better than I thought he would--even his ear!

pomtzu
11-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I am just now seeing this thread - don't know how I missed it before. :confused:
What a tragic mishap - and that's all it was - a mishap! Don't blame yourself or continue on a guilt trip - everyone including Andy knows it was just an unfortunate set of circumstances. My SIL had the exact thing happen many years ago. After that I became obsessed with checking the washer and dryer everytime I used it - and still continue to this day.
I'm glad to read tho, that he is expected to make a full recovery. Pretty scary stuff!!!
And as far as $271 for his ear surgery - that's not bad at all. My brother's big Meezer just had the same surgery after he developed a hematoma while mixing it up with his doggie sisters - to the tune of $350. I was visiting in NC a few weeks ago and took a picture after he had the surgery - he didn't get a "quilted" ear - he got a "button" ear - I had never seen anything like it! He had the buttons and stitches out while I was still there, and now he has a floppy ear. Vet said it may stand back up, but couldn't say for sure.
Prayers going out to you and to Andy for continued improvement!

Taz_Zoee
11-17-2008, 09:22 AM
This is such good news. Andy is home with you where he belongs AND he is improving. :D I'm so glad he did not have to stay at the ERV. He is much more comfortable at home with you.
Hey Andy, Taz hates his collar too. But it is what is best for you guys. It's only until you get all healed up, I promise. :)

Denyce
11-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh my word how horrible for the both of you. I am so extremely sorry and it is all I can do not to just bawl for you right now. I am so glad your Andy is home and I will so send positive thoughts your way. Oh give him a hug from me too. This has always been one of my fears so to read about you going through this is just breaking my heart. No one can doubt this was just a horrible accident.

Thank you so very much for the pictures of Andy. He is just beautiful.

catmandu
11-17-2008, 09:54 AM
WE ARE THANKING OUR ALL MIGHTY LORD GOD ABOVE THAT ANDYS ALL RIGHT, AND THAT ANDYS BACK HOME WHEREHE BELONGS. WE ARE SO PLEASED THAT YOU AND YOUR FRIEND ARE TOGETHER AGAIN IN LOVE!!!:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
He sure looks good and I'm so glad to hear that he's eating much better and has gained a little weight.:) He remains in my thoughts and prayers.

Kirsten
11-17-2008, 11:32 AM
That must have been such a scare when you had to take him back to the vet. Glad that he's back home with you now!

I'll keep him in my thoughts and hope he will keep improving!

Get well soon, sweet kitty darling! :love:

Kirsten

RICHARD
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf36b3127ccec5f60982c6d700000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

HAY, I we haz bettur satelyte piktur when u do that!

Hey Andy, nice to see you are feeling better!

RICHARD
11-17-2008, 11:35 AM

HAY, we haz bettur satelyte piktur when u do that!

Purr-tender
11-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh Richard, that is too funny. We need some humor. Poor Andy.

Katie, I'm glad Andy was able to come back home with you last night. He has a wonderful, loving nurse caring for him. He will come through this just fine, it will just take a little time. Prayers continuing for him.

Mary

Pam
11-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Katie, your posts are getting better and better. I pray that soon your sweetie will be as good as new. I am learning a lot of things, like quilted ears and button ears, that I never heard of before. Continued prayers for sweet Andy going up from NJ. :love:

3Catcondo
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Katie
I am amazed at how good he looks. I know he can beat this, and he will. He looks healthy and strong, should be able to make it just fine, as long as he has you there providing him with some good TLC. I have not been able to get you both off of my mind since Fri night, and I'm glad that each post gets more positive. Keep it up and send me a PM if you would like me to send you some $ to help you out. I will do what I can. :love:

Amy

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Andy looks like such a little kitty in your photos? Is he on the small side?

(Realizing all things are relative...:D:D)

Lizzie
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Yikes, Katie, what a truly horrific scare for you, and for Andy. I'm another who has been surprised at times when my cats have walked into places that I'd think would make them uncomfortable, such as the dishwasher, and so speedily. Like another poster, one of mine got in the fridge once. I saw something out of the corner of my eye as I closed the door, re-opened it thinking I was being paranoid, and there was a cat on a shelf.

I can see that Andy's ear is red and I'm glad he's on pain meds for the burn. I think he's going to be one of the lucky ones and pull through this - well, with luck and all your excellent care.

Cataholic
11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
I have checked throughout the day, and am thrilled to hear more good news!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Update! Sick of them yet?

Andy is doing well, and he ate another jar of baby food. Along with really smashed and pureed fancy feast, he REALLY liked that.;) His temp is at 103.6... not so bad I think. He is using the potty pan reguarly.

People have asked me for donation info. If you would like to donate, my paypal is [email protected]. If you want to mail a check, PM me. IF you want to speak to my vets office, just to confirm, please pm me as well, so I can give you contact information. ALSO, if anyone needs invoices, I can mail them directly to you, please leave in the PM your address, and I will try to get them mailed off next week. I thank everyone so much, and MORE importantly than donations, Andy needs prayers. I want him to better, and to put this whole terrible thing behind us. The guilt wont ever go away, BUT I can make it up to him.

I apprieciate all of the thoughts, prayers, and nice pms I have recieved. The support has been amazing, and I could not be more grateful! And also thank you so much for not making this a MORE difficult time by making me feel worse. That means so much. I needed support, not ridicule. You all gave that to me.:love:

My family (some who are NOT animal people) have even been calling regularly to check in on Andy. That poor fella has so many people who care about him, even people who have never met him. He would not believe it. He was just an abused throwaway stray, wanting a furrever home when I took him in. So were his 4 other brothers and sisters. He sure would feel special if he truly understood and could read these posts!

I will try to post a video a bit later, maybe of feeding time! Be back!:D

Nomilynn
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry that I am not able to help financially but I am checking regularly and have Andy in my prayers! He is looking great!

Good thoughts and prayers from Naomi, Tilly and Nutmeg :)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Nomilynn, Your prayers mean more to us anyday. I could NOT be more blessed and grateful! DONT feel sorry, please!

Knowing other people care about Andy, its just, precious. We apprieciate it SO much.:love:

phesina
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
So good to know that Andy is back home again.. and he's eating, and his temperature is going down. He LOOKS so glad to be back where he belongs in those pictures!

More and more prayers, and good healing energies, and loads and loads of :love::love::love::love::love::love: from us,

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Bob

RICHARD
11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf36b3127ccec5f66371c61100000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Look! Wee getz the 'purrno' chanels when Iz look down heer!

Scooter's Mom
11-17-2008, 11:20 PM
I am heading to bed. Just wanted you to know that Andy was on my mind and in my prayers. Hugs to you and sweet Andy.

Don Juan's mom
11-18-2008, 02:15 AM

Oh, boy. I sure hope laughter really is the best medicine! :D

Liz

blue
11-18-2008, 02:24 AM

That is bringing the Funnay from a bad situation.

Andy, Erp the Cat is pulling for you!!

Barbara
11-18-2008, 02:38 AM
I am glad to hear Andy eats- this is definitely a good sign.
I am sure he lost one life- but there are others left.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-18-2008, 04:32 AM
LOL Richard, so that is why he likes when I leave his room with only a night light on:p

Andy is doing well, eating a bit and pottying regularly. I leave different foods out to see if he will eat on his own (not yet, he tries but then winces and spits it out) He loves attention, and is being shockenly calm about the meds. He just hates the ecollar and the burn cream...

He is napping comfortably, and Here is a video I took of him tonight. Excuse his dirty nose, I forgot to wipe him down after dinner time.. I was rushing so I could get my other stuff done. Please excuse how bad I look as well... It has been a ROUGH (physically and emotionally) 4 days...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6eD4Z6orTw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6eD4Z6orTw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks again for all of the well wishes! :love:

orangemm
11-18-2008, 04:46 AM
I love hearing good news, esp. about Andy! Yup, there is something about that Fancy Feast, cats really like it, kind of like Temptations. I'm so glad you've gotten him to eat more; that will really help him gain strength and heal faster.

Of course all the PT prayers can't hurt, either. Everyone here is pulling for Andy!!!

Get better, sweet boy. Tell your mamma to give you some special scritches from Archy, Binky and me...........:love::love::love::love:

Scooter's Mom
11-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Oh, Katie he looks really good. It looks like you can touch his ear or near it at least, and he doesn't seem to mind. That's good, I think.

He's such a sweet kitty, and it is obvious he loves you a lot.

Keep your chin up. He's going to pull through this. ((Hugs))

Crystal

kt_luvs_kitties
11-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Crystal, he does look good, doesnt he:D I am so proud of him!

I can touch the outside of the ear, without pain, as long as I dont apply pressure. The inside, understandably, is more sensitive, and I HATE putting the meds in, because he squirms, and I know it must be sore.

I truly believe he will make it through this, he is a very strong boy, and awfully determined to be "normal" again.
----------------

What I find funny is that all of the other kitties and dogs alike want to be his best friend now.. Because he gets ALL of the GREAT food. Served to him in bed and heated.. He doesnt have to chew or even get up, it goes directly to his mouth.. My kitties are WAY jealous.

They stick their little paws under the door, cry at the door, and sniff under the door as well. They want HIS goodies:D:p;)

Taz_Zoee
11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
OH my, Katie!! He looks wonderful!! I am so glad to hear he is eating and to see how much he is responding to you and your love. I KNOW he is going to get through this. :D

(btw- I love your cute voice :p)

Reachoutrescue
11-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Katie, he looks AMAZING!! You are taking such good care of him. I am so glad he is doing well. He seems really happy and TOTALLY in love with you!! Keep up the great work....he will remain in our prayers.

Purr-tender
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I just got up and of course the first thing I did was check in on PT to see how Andy and Barney are doing. What a day brightener to see your video! Andy sure loves his meowmie!! Katie, he looks so good! Well, you know his brothers and sisters have to be major jealous of little brother. I can just picture those little paws under the door.

More prayers and gentle hugs for Andy,
Mary

catmandu
11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
WE WERE SMILING SEEING AWESOME ANDY:love::love::love: LOOKING SO GOOD AND ALL OF THE CAT LOVERS:cool::cool: AT THE LOCAL BRANCH OF THE LIBRARY ARE SENDING PRAYERS FOR AWESOME ANDY:love::love: AS WELL.
THAT MY FRIOEMND DENISES NAME FOR YOUR FUR PAL, AWESOME ANDY AND IT FITS SO WELL.:love::love:

Anikaca77
11-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Awww that video is just too cute!

He looks like he's doing so well. His poor ear...I'm sure it will heal just fine.

Prays still being sent your way!

Melissa

Catty1
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
That whole video is such an AWWWWW! He not only forgives you - he never blamed you for anything in the first place. Andy just LOVES, LOVES, LOVES you! :love::D

What a totally sweet boy, purring all the way through!

Looks like he will be ok!

Does he still need stitches on his ear? I kinda got behind on the medical stuff.

kuhio98
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Awwwwww, I'm smiling and crying all at the same time. Gentle kisses on your owies.

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Great video. He sure looks great and is so happy and content now.:) I'm sure his ear will feel much better after it heals up a bit. He still remains in my thoughts and prayers.

orangemm
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh no, the video isn't available???:confused::confused::(

Cataholic
11-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the video! It makes me feel more assured that he is going to make it just fine. Of course, prayers still coming your way! I, for one, could use as many updates as you can give. :)

MoonandBean
11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
OK...This sounds cliche, I know, but I AM JUST NOW SEEING THIS :eek: I am so sorry I haven't responded before this; Thank God all the other PTers have taken up the slack :) :) Although I have to admit, it was nice being able to jump to "the end" to make sure he is ok. I can't imaging having to go through the agony of waiting the last 4 days. I would be happy to chip in too to help with the costs. You have taught me a lesson I can't put a price tag on! I can't tell you how many times I fill the dryer with Bean downstairs and go to bed for the night :eek: I will ALWAYS check his whereabouts from now on before, during and after :) (Moon is too fat to jump in the dryer....hehe...just kidding but he doesn't go downstairs usually...Oh darn it...now I'm gonna have to get a visual on Moon too each time I do laundry :) ). TRULY, thank you for this! You have probably saved more animals than you can know because I have a really big mouth and will end up telling dozens of people :)

Emeraldgreen
11-18-2008, 01:24 PM
What a wonderful video. He is such a sweet boy and adores you sooooooo much! I think he looks very good. I hope he continues to get better and better. How could he not with such a great nurse?!? :)
p.s. do you think some chilled food might help his burned lip when he is ready to eat on his own?

doolittleky
11-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Katie,
I can't see the video.:(
Melissa

orangemm
11-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I finally saw it! Oh, Katie, he loves YOU! What a sweetheart he is, such a lovebug!:love::love::love:

I couldn't see it because I was at work. (I know, bad girl) Leave it to them to spoil the fun.....

You look good, sweet Andy!:love::love::love:

Katie, can you relax a little, please???

RICHARD
11-18-2008, 04:00 PM
That video makes me want to go down to the local laundromat and throw myself into a dryer.

Some guys have all the luck!!!
:D;)

Catty1
11-18-2008, 04:26 PM
(but RICHARD...then your tongue would be burnt!) :o

orangemm
11-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Leave it to Richard to inject some levity into this situation! Richard, you are a hoot!:D

(let me know if you decide to do this foolish thing; I want to be a witness)

Nomilynn
11-18-2008, 06:01 PM
He looks great, still wishing you all the best!

MoonandBean
11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks Katie...my eyes were a little dry from the heat in the house but the video sure took care of that! :cool: I loved his headbutts! Of course he forgives you (actually, he was never "mad" at you in the first place).

Purr-tender
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Katie, I sent you a little early Christmas $$ for Awesome Andy:cool:. Anyone else who wants to help with his vet bill and has a Paypal account be sure and put a _ between the 33s in Katie's email addy.

Hugs,
Mary

RICHARD
11-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Burnt tongue? All the attention?

Burn my tongue and blister my rear!!!

It would not matter!:D

kt_luvs_kitties
11-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Richard, you naughty boy you;)

Andy is doing wonderful, he is actually laying in my lap right now, watching me type and wishing I were rubbing him instead. He wants ALL of my attention.. Sweet boy.

He is still off balance, I think because of his ear. But he does manage to use the pan without missing and he even ATE on his OWN today! I purreed some fancy feast and held the bowl up, and he ate it! WOOHOO! That grilled salmon really makes him perk up:)

Thank you all for all of the support, well wishes, prayers, contributions, laughter (thanks Richard) and emails. We could not be any more grateful.

I really did not think from the first night that he would make it and get better... I have never felt such guilt and anguish, I never saw this coming. But having my wonderful PT family who completely understands the bond between our pets and ourselves, and shares that love for others animals, Who they have never met, makes me feel so lucky. I am just so lucky. Thank you all.

Promise more updates and more pictures soon! Katie and Andy:love:

Taz_Zoee
11-19-2008, 12:44 AM
I am so glad I am up later than usual and saw this latest great news. Way to go Andy!! Keep it up buddy. He must know how many people are pulling for him out here in PT land. :)

Hugs to you Katie and could you pass a gentle one on to Mr Andy? :D

kt_luvs_kitties
11-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Cindy, I most def. will;)

PT prayers are something we ALL can believe in. I can vouch for them personally:D

blue
11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Glad Andy is coping well.

Erp would have clawwed my eyes out at the very least.

orangemm
11-19-2008, 04:28 AM
There is something almost mystical about that FF salmon! If a cat won't eat that, he/she won't eat anything.

such good news about Andy! Everytime I log on, I come here first to see how he is doing (and you, too, Katie!).

(((hugs)))) to you both!:love:

Pam
11-19-2008, 05:07 AM
Everytime I log on, I come here first to see how he is doing (and you, too, Katie!).

(((hugs)))) to you both!:love:

Me too!! Katie I am sitting here smiling at your latest update. Andy is going to be fine and you can thank yourself for your quick action and the skills of your vet. Of course lots of prayers have been offered up and I think the Good Lord was not quite ready for Andy yet. ;) I look forward to any photos that you post! ;)

Medusa
11-19-2008, 06:16 AM
I could have sworn that I posted about the video but I think sometimes my brain takes mini vacations. Anyhow, just wanted to add that Andy looks great and you can't even tell that he's been through such trauma. I think you've both passed through the fire and all is going to be fine. A very thankful Thanksgiving for you, eh? :love:

Scooter's Mom
11-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Did Andy go to his regular vet already?

I am so glad/relieved that Andy ate on his own! I too have checked here the first chance I get after work and first thing in the morning before leaving for work. Andy's a fighter, that's for sure.

More hugs and prayers headed your way!
Crystal

mamaducky
11-19-2008, 07:10 AM
What a wonderful video! I loved when Andy came over & flopped down on your leg -- and then threw one paw across you as if to say, "You're MINE, Mama."

I do so hope you realize that sweet Andy didn't EVER blame you for his awful accident, even when he was at his worst -- and it's obvious now that he is SO grateful to you for your loving care to help him get better. That boy is just crazy about his Meowmie. :love::):love:

I was so glad to read that he ate some on his own -- hooray for Fancy Feast! I hope he keeps eating more and more and feeling better as his burns begin to heal. Please give that sweet guy a snuggle for me, and nose kisses from my four-legged gang!

Love & Hugs,
Diana

kt_luvs_kitties
11-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Thank you all so much again.

Hugs, kisses, and love has been passed onto Andy.:D

Mary, I do feel this Thanksgiving will be more special than all of my others! I am so blessed.

Diana, He isnt half as crazy about me as I am him. :love:

Crystal, His appointment is tomorrow at 2pm. I hate taking him back, but it must be done. Hopefully it will be over quickly, and he wont have to go back again for a year! He really gets nervous at the vets office, and it scares me that his heart rate will go up again. But I must do it, we gotta get that ear fixed!

I know I have asked for alot, but can I please get a few prayers that tomorrow will go smoothly and as less traumatic as possible?

Thanks again guys! Katie and Andy

PS- I also have to take Billy, as he has a half dollar sized ouchie on his neck. It had a little blood and it looks like he peeled all the skin off and it is fleshy and raw. I think it might be allergies... I just noticed it last night, because I have not done nightly *checks* on all the cats for a few days. Normally I give them all a once over before bed, feeling all over them, checking teeth and ears, also for lumps and scabs etc... When it rains it pours? But it will be taken care of with antibiotics and an allergy shot, and probably some antibiotic cream... This isnt the first time, nor the last.:rolleyes::p

anna_66
11-19-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm so happy to hear and see that Andy is doing so great.

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Andy is eating well and doing so well.:) He remains in my prayers and I hope that his vet visit will go smoothly tomorrow.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Quick update-

Not much to report, which is Great news! Andy is starting to eat ON HIS OWN! Totally on his own, All he needs me for in regards to din-din is opposable thumbs:p Well, that and cleaning his nosie, and squishing up the food a bit:D And maybe a tad bit encouragment, LOL.

He tried to play with Amos tonight, and it was adorable. Andy would STREEEEETCH out on his tummy and swat at Amos; Amos would then lean his front part down, and his butt in the air, and chirp and *touch* the air. SO CUTE!

I have to leave at 12pm, to stop in and pick up my mom, and to get us there on time. I am going to have a very long day tomorrow. But hopefully this is about over, and all will go back to normal. I still have 3 foster kittens to adopt, and have not had the time to try to get them homes:rolleyes:

Anyways, I will update tomorrow after we get home from the vets. Thank you all so much again! Katie and Andy

Barbara
11-20-2008, 02:33 AM
I am so glad to hear this: good steps every day:D

orangemm
11-20-2008, 04:26 AM
I am always up for good news! That is wonderful that Andy is beginning to eat by himself. You must be so relieved!! (so are we)

Keep it up, Andy! We're all here pulling for you!!:love::love::love:

jenluckenbach
11-20-2008, 04:59 AM
Wonderful news to start the day.

Pam
11-20-2008, 06:04 AM
I wanted to check in first thing for, hopefully, a happy update and you didn't disappoint me! :) Wow! Andy is EATING and PLAYING! Super! (Love the comment about opposable thumbs....LOL!) I keep noticing that your posts are often through the night. I am sure once Andy is 100% himself you will probably be able to sleep a week straight without waking up! :D

Scooter's Mom
11-20-2008, 06:25 AM
This is my first check-in before work! I'm so happy to see a good report.

GogoAndy!

pat1066
11-20-2008, 06:48 AM
The worst is behind you and Andy now; everything will be brighter for you each day from now on. I'm so happy for both of you.

Fondly,
Pat

Medusa
11-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Atta boy, Andy! Things are on the right track and soon this will all be a memory. :)

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
This is the best news EVER!!! He is eating and playing. Woo Hoo!! Way to go Andy!! :D :D :D

I hope things go as well at the vet, for Andy and Billy. :)

Catty1
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
GREAT STUFF! Happy news for Andy and Taz, and Barney is coming right along! (He gained a whole POUND, and with diabetes, at that!:D )

It is so great to have happy news, as there were a few dear kitties who went to the Bridge and it was pretty sad on PT for a while.

I guess now our furkids must have some pretty special Guardian Angels. ;)

catmandu
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
A FEEDING TUBE MIGHT BE THE THING TO GET ANDY TO EAT.
MAYBE IF YOU COULD GIVE ANDY SOME BROTH:):), THAT MIGHT BE EASIER FOR HIM TO EAT.:):)
THE FOUND CATS AND I ARE SENDING MORE PRAYERS FOR THIER FRIEND :love::love:ANDY :love::love:, THAT HE WILL BE AS RIGHT AS RAIN SOON.:cool::cool:

Purr-tender
11-20-2008, 10:05 AM
What a great update! He's made remarkable progress in such a short time. I just know that the vet will be pleased with how well Andy is doing. Afterall he's had the bestest:D nurse in the whole world!

Hugs,
Mary

nancys
11-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Please don't feel bad - it was an accident. I am sending prayers too and hope he recovers completely & quickly.

krazyaboutkatz
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
What a wonderful update.:D I look forward to hearing more great news soon.:) Good luck at the vets today.:)

Reachoutrescue
11-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Katie, I am so glad that Andy is feeling better and starting to eat on his own! The fact that he is showing interest in playing with Amos is just great! How is Billy doing with is sore? Please tell him to feel better soon!! Miss talking to you!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Update-

Andy went to the vets today, and the vet said that his ear needs to be removed. It was not a hematoma ( I figured it wasnt),, but the skin was scorched, and it caused the circulation to stop, leading to dead tissue/infection. So he will be at the vets again on Tuesday at 7am.

Also, his temp was up, so we put him on metacam, to help ease the pain, and get the temp normal again. I believe it was 103.

PS- My grandmother is in the ICU, the ambulance had to get her this morning, and she had a stroke along with Pneumonia(thanks Richard, I was thinking cat Pee, dont know where my brain in lately)

They said she needs to be on oxygen, and they dont think she will pull through, but I hope she does, she is the only grandma I have ever had.. This has been the worst week of my life. The only good is that Andy is ok...

I have to go back to the hospital in about 15 minutes, but I will update about Andy again tonight If I can.

Thank you all so much again. I could not have gotten through this without you all.

Medusa
11-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh boy, you're having it heaped on you, aren't ya? Well, Andy is in good hands so we'll keep the prayers going that all will go well and we'll pray that Grandma is able to be w/you a while longer. Keep the faythe. :love:

Moesha
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh dear! A terrible week for you indeed. Thank you for updating us about Andy's vet appointment today. We are all very interested in his progress. But you don't worry about us. Go be with your family and we'll be here when you have time to stop in for an update on Andy and the rest of your life.

RICHARD
11-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Poor ANDY.

Thinking of you and your G-ma. Pneumonia (I took medical terminology and still have to look it up) and strokes are more treatable now, than they were before.

Sending you out good vibes.

--------

I am not going to climb into the dryer at the local laundromat. With my luck the ugliest fireMEN will come to get me out!:rolleyes::(

kb2yjx
11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear about Andy and your Grandma!! Prayers heading your way. HUGS to you!!!

Nomilynn
11-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh my, when it rains it pours!

Still thinking of you and Andy, as well as your gram :)

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Oh Katie, I am in tears for you again. I am so sorry about your grandma. :(

I am glad Andy was okay, but sorry he must lose the ear. He will be much better after that, I'm sure.

Thinking of you. HUGS!!!

phesina
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh, my, just one thing after another..

Prayers for you, Andy, and your Grandma.

DJFyrewolf36
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry I am just getting to replying to this...:( I am so so so glad Andy is doing better (it stinks about his ear and temp, poor boy) and there are continued prayers from here that he keeps getting better and for your grandmother. Having lost my grandmother reciently, I can sympathise. *HUGS*

Dear Hannah and M.E.

Please tell your brother Andy that we are praying for him to get better and that we want to extend our prayers to your meowme too. Lots of purrs and headbumps heading your way!
Love always
Remus Bear and Hoodini

Reachoutrescue
11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Katie....I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. If you need ANYTHING please call me. I hope Andy feels better....can't believe you are going through so much....try to stay as positive as you can. You, your Grandma, and Andy will be in my prayers.

jennielynn1970
11-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. There is so much that can be done in the medical field today, I hope that she pulls through with flying colors!

I'll be keeping andy in my thoughts on tuesday. boy, there is no shortage of sick kitties on PT right now!

mamaducky
11-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma -- this has been just the week from Hell for you and your family, hasn't it? She and all of you will be in my prayers.

Sorry also to hear that Andy will be without his ear, but considering how very much worse his condition could have been, this is more of a speed bump than a road block on the way to recovery. I'm also certain that Andy will carry off that kind of "reckless adventurer" look very nicely, and will be every bit as roguishly handsome with one ear as he was with two!

Love to all of you,
Diana

Catlady711
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
I just now saw this thread. I feel so bad for both you and the kitty. My heart just sank when I read the first post and I just wanted to be able to give you a huge hug. While I can't do that personally, I can send a huge PT cyber hug to you and a cheek scratching for Andy.

I'm so glad that you were able to get him treated and he's very lucky to have an owner like you. You were quick acting when you discovered the accident and have done wonderfully by Andy since then, you should not punish yourself for it, accidents can happen anyone.

I don't know what else I can say except my prayers go out for Andy for a full recovery and many more years with you. And I'm also praying for you too with all the stress you're under. My prayers also for your grandmother and the family.

Thank you for the updates and the pictures.

Catty1
11-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Katie {{{{hugs}}}}

I know Andy will be ok.

PT Prayers for your grandmother. RICHARD is right, they can do a lot more for strokes and pneumonia these days. She just might surprise the docs! ;)

Take care. :love::love:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks so much guys. I am completely drained. COMPLETELY!

Andy is still doing ok, he acts a little sluggish tonight, but I think all of this is wearing him out too. Plus the Metacam is strong, so maybe he will get a good rest tonight. *fingers crossed*

Grandma is *OK* but still in ICU. She isnt talking, but she does look at me. The rest is mumbles and sleep.

She is on oxygen, and her blood pressure is up. I guess we will see how the next few days are.

BUT back to Andy, I have pictures, but I will need to post them tomorrow. I still have so much to do before bed, and I really need a couple hours sleep. 3:30am is Andys next med time...

Billy is also doing good, his neck is wrapped and has triple antibiotic ointment to be changed twice daily. NOW I have 2 "ecollar" babies:p

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes, and for caring so much about my Andy. I am so thankful I have him with me:love:

orangemm
11-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Big ((((HUGS)))) for you Katie, and gentle scritches for Andy.

I'm praying for your grandma; hopefully she was treated quickly and that her prognosis will be a good one.

You just can't catch a break, can you?:(

Andy will be fine, he won't even realize that an ear is gone. He'll just know that he feels better and that the ouchie went away.

Remember the power of PT and its prayers..................:love::love:

Anikaca77
11-21-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm saying a pray for your grandma and still for Andy.

Take care and know that we are here for you if you need to talk.

Melissa

Kirsten
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandma! What a rough week you have! (((HUGS)))

I will keep your Grandmother and Andy in my thoughts. I'm sure Andy will be alright after his surgery!

Kirsten

Purr-tender
11-21-2008, 10:13 AM
You've really had a rough week!! I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope she'll make a full recovery. With our family it seems that all the bad things happen around Thanksgiving. We all kinda hold our breath each year.

It broke my heart to hear that sweet Andy will lose his ear!:( It really didn't look that bad in the photos and video. After this we know who will always get the most lovins' from meowmie, huh?!

Big hugs and prayers for your Grandma, Andy and YOU!
Mary

Vio&Juni
11-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Oh, Andy's going to be a really cool cat with that year missing - he's gonna get all the kitty girls with his "wartime" stories. Fingers crossed for him.

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, she'll get better, Richard is right, strokes are more treatable now than they used to.

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I'm also sorry to hear that Andy will lose his ear:( and I hope that his surgery will go smoothly. He remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

GILL
11-21-2008, 12:29 PM
The CREW will keep you, your grandma, and Andy in our prayers.