PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever dream about cats?

gini
11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I woke up this morning smiling. I had just had a dream about cats.

I have approximately three cats that wander through my yard during the day. One is a teenaged black cat I am very fond of...........but you can't get near him. And Rascal sets up a howl at him through the window.

In my dream I went to my closet and here were two cats all curled up and sleeping. They saw me but didn't move. I softly closed the closet door before Rascal, Annie and Emma found them. And then I woke up.

catlover4ever
11-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I have dreamed of only one cat and that was Tigger. It was just after she passed and she came to me in my dream and showed me that she was happy and waiting for me to come play with her. I remember waking up with tears in my eyes.

I have also woken up in the middle of the night and looked over at my nightstand and there was a cat there. I figured it was Dude but when I went to touch him and I opened my eyes wider I realized that there was no cat there. I to this day feel that it was Tigger who paid me a nightly visit....or maybe it was just a dream that was very real like.

Medusa
11-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Funny that you should ask. I dreamed about Puddy last night. She was giving me head bumpies, an indicator that she wanted a noggin noogie. I actually did it but to Pidge and it woke me up because she chirped as if to say "What the...?" (Pidge is not a noggin noogie gal.)

lvpets2002
11-13-2008, 12:02 PM
:) Oh yes all the time.. In fact just had a dream last night.. I dream about other cats & rescuing..

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh yes!! It happened a lot after Sydney's passing to the RB:(

Edwina's Secretary
11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Did you check your closet AFTER you woke up?:D:D

Karen
11-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Of course I do - and in my dreams, I can pet and skritch and even hold and snuggle kitties and am not allergic to them!

My dreams almost always feature animals of some kind!

sirrahbed
11-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I dream about the kitties quite often. When I was pregnant - I even dreamed that I had a litter of kittens!!:D

KitCat
11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I dreamed about 2 cats, and one of them had a chocolate colored face and was named Cocoa. The next day I got a suprise, a cat that needed a home. Once I washed him I saw he was a Siamese and I named him Cocoa Kitty.

catmandu
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I HAVE THE DREAM ALL THE TIME IN WHERE THERES THIS BIG SWANKY RESTAURANT WHERE THERES FANTASTIC FOOD, FLET MIGNON
LOBSTER ROCKERFELLER :D:D WASABI ROAST BEEF :cool::cool: AND CHEESES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.:):)
AND THERE ARE OUR ANIMAL ANGELS WITH THE HIGH AND MIGHTY AT THIER WON TABLES HAVING THE BEST OF THE BEST.:):love:
AT ONE TABLE THERE ARE LIONS , TIGERS AND BEARS , OH MY.
AND COWS , ZEBRAS , WATER FOWL , CATS DOGS AND SHREWS ETC.
ALL SHARING AND TRULY HAPPY TOGETHER WITH ALL THIER GUARDIANS WHO LOVE THEM , AND THEY LOVE IN RETURN :love::love:

jenluckenbach
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I dream about cats a LOT!!! Sometimes it is about my own cats. Sometimes about a RB cat. Sometimes about a multitude of kitties, often in my Dad's basement (the house I grew up in). This one is a reoccurring theme. :confused:
I have dreamt about moving house and the cats. I have dreamt about someone getting out of the house. Sometimes we go back to live in our old appartment (but now I have 3 times as many kitties)

YUP, they are a regular in my dreams.

columbine
11-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I sometimes dream about random cats, both housecats and wildcats, and a couple times have dreamed about a little feral who I trapped but gave to the no-kill shelter, since I can't take care of more than one. But just a couple nights ago, I finally dreamed about my own cat, Smudge!

Smudge is kind of "home" to me, and home is an important concept in my heart. Almost every time I remember my dreams, I dream about having been displaced to a new place, crowded and chaotic, without any of my stuff or even a job yet or much of an idea of where I am. But just after this last election, I had a dream where I was only a couple blocks away from my apartment, AND only for the weekend, AND the only other human there was helpful and nice - AND Smudge was there with me, and taking it all very well! He was purring and begging for attention, from both me and Robert (the other person in the apartment, whom I'd describe as a stereotypical laid-back Indian computer guy. I could tell he was nice because he offered to buy me a jug of laundry detergent. :confused:)

For my own little Smudge to turn up in one of my dreams was just wonderful! And happy and healthy and his usual friendly self - I really feel like my outlook is improving! I don't feel so much like a "woman without a country" any more.

Love, Columbine

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I sure do.:) Sometimes they're my own cats and sometimes ones I've never seen before.

Just the other night I was dreaming that I was housesitting and petsitting for a famous actor or actress and they had a whole houseful of all different kinds of animals. They let their guinea pigs run loose so I was trying to clean up the mess that they had made before my Sunny woke me up by howling in the hall. I never did find out who I was sitting for though.

carole
11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes i do also, sometimes they are weird dreams though, all mixed up, sometimes they are funny,sometimes not so good, strange at times, i cannot remember any at the moment, but yes i dream of them many times.:)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Not only do I dream of my own cats, I actually have dreamt about MULTIPLE PT cats as well:eek: *should I be embarrassed to admit that?* Sometimes even their owners:rolleyes: Might be because PT is the last thing I do before bed. BUT I do it quite often! Thankfully they are all good dreams, and not nightmares (about the owners):D:p

I hate cat nightmares.. ESP. when it is so vivid.... I make myself wake up before anything really bad happens... Seems to happen after I read the memorials section (why I almost NEVER go in there).... Or I see something bad on tv, or on the roads:(

Also, Debbie, I also have dreamt that I gave birth to kittens:confused::rolleyes::p;)

Taz_Zoee
11-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Katie, you should not be embarrassed to admit you dream about PT cats. I often have dreams about all kinds of PT animals. :D

So, last night I had a dream that Taz was already home this morning when I got up. I wasn't sure how he got there, but we decided he came home all by himself. He missed us and was happy to be home. :D :D

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I had a dream the other night that ED got out of the house and I had to find him. Every cat I saw was white and tried to bite me.

IN my dream I couldn't run-I woke up and found that Ed was asleep between my legs.:rolleyes:

Husky15
11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Every single night I do. The dreams are wonderful when they last, but not so much when I wake up and reality sinks in. :(

Scooter's Mom
11-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Sunday night I had a nightmare that there were baby kitties being run over by cars, and I kept pulling them out from under the cars, but more kept appearing. My hubby actually had to wake me up, I was crying and saying, "Nooo!" in my sleep.

Normally my dreams of kitties are nicer than that ugly one.

columbine
11-27-2008, 08:38 PM
The other night I dreamed of a cat I've never seen before. There was a little toddler girl with a picture book, and a large white short-haired cat with a gray or black spot on top of her head by her left ear sitting on a beanbag chair. "LIKE Mika!" said the little girl, and wobbled over to sit next to Mika on the beanbag chair and read her a story. Mika was nearly as big as she was.

Love, Columbine (wondering if Mika is one of those cats who got her name when a human asked her "who are you?")

RICHARD
11-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I sure do.:) Sometimes they're my own cats and sometimes ones I've never seen before.

Just the other night I was dreaming that I was housesitting and petsitting for a famous actor or actress and they had a whole houseful of all different kinds of animals. They let their guinea pigs run loose so I was trying to clean up the mess that they had made before my Sunny woke me up by howling in the hall. I never did find out who I was sitting for though.

If you had dreamt about gerbils, you may have been able to find out who's house it was.:confused::eek: