PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ozzy

Freedom
11-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Ozzy went to Rainbow Bridge about an hour ago.

He refused to eat or drink all day. He couldn't stand by himself, nor sit. However I placed him, he remained in that position. Even in a "down" position, he only stayed that way a short 10 or 15 seconds, and then tipped over to sprawl. The vet said he had a heart blockage.

He was such a gentle soul. It was very hard this afternoon. He lived here just 15 months, 7 of those as a foster. What a delight he has been, and always a member of the "clean plate club," right up through last evening.

Ginger's Mom
11-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I am so sorry, Sandie. He was lucky to have found a foster home that was so full of love, that I don't think he realized that he was just a foster for those first seven months. He was a full-fledged part of the family for fifteen wonderful months.
RIP, sweet Ozzy.:(

Taz_Zoee
11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Major LES. :( :( I gasped when I saw this title. I am so sorry.

RIP Ozzy

Cinder & Smoke
11-12-2008, 03:47 PM
So Sorry, Sandie. :(

Ozzy will have only the Good Memories of his stay with you and The Gang
to take with him to The Rainbow Bridge.

Play Happily at The Bridge, Ozzy!!
We'll all *miss ya*!

{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ :( Phred

Moesha
11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
My condolences to you and your family, both skin and fur. Ozzy was dearly loved, of that fact there is no doubt.

Zippy
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Rest in Peace Ozzy :(
I'm so sorry to hear about your boy.

Karen
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Ozzy boy.
He of clean plate and snow white fur
Gentle old man with wise dark eyes
Loved so much at last, finding a home for ever
One more white angel graces to Rainbow Bridge and never
Will you footprints fade on all of our hearts
Tired no more, your life in heaven now can start.

pomtzu
11-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh no Sandie - I just didn't expect to read this quite so soon! LES

RIP sweet little Ozzy and know that you were loved very much! :love:

Peace to you and your Dad also, Sandie. I know that you will have a very empty place in your hearts and home.

Pam
11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Sandie I am so sorry. :(:( He was blessed to spend the last few months of his life in your loving care and in the company of your dad and his bichon siblings. I know that you will miss him but realize that he is so much better off at RB. ((((hugs))))

chocolatepuppy
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry Sandie.:( Ozzy couldn't have asked for a better home in the time he was with you. I'll keep you and your dad in my thoughts. {hugs}

lizbud
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.:( It did sound like Ozzy was very ready
to make his trip over Rainbow Bridge. Rest In Peace & comfort now sweet boy.

ramanth
11-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a sweet boy Ozzy was. *hugs*

RIP Ozzy! :love:

Grace
11-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Ozzy.

wolf_Q
11-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Ozzy will always be greatful for the time he spent with you, even if it was short. Rest in peace among the white fluffy clouds little Ozzy.

Casper
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Not another PT pup! :( I am sitting here in tears.
I hadn't a clue that Ozzy hadn't been feeling well; this comes as such a shock.
Huge (((((Hugs))))) and prayers headed out for you and all of your family

Rest easy, Ozzy.
What a lucky pup you were to have find such a fantastic foster home; you will be forever missed.

Alysser
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
WHAT is with this ongoing pattern of losses here at PT?! :mad: I am so so sorry to hear about Ozzy. :( He was so loved, and we all knew that. RIP little man, you are missed. :love:

jenluckenbach
11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( RIP Ozzy.

Freedom
11-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Thank you for all the kind words. I keep coming back to this thread. Don't really know what else to do **shrugs**. Ozzy was high maintenance. I keep thinking I have to go let him out, or get him in, or change his belly band. Maybe he needs a treat, or a cuddle. I've been caring for him seems like years not such a short time, and now I don't know what to do with my time. Every time I get ready to check on him, then I start crying again. My dear Ozzy Dozzy, my little snow ball, I didn't have nearly enough time with you!

cassiesmom
11-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Ozzy Dozzy, sweet boy. I'm so very glad the last year of your life was such a happy one and I am SOOOO glad you got to be in the Animal Planet feature! HUGS to your mom and family.

Freedom
11-12-2008, 08:15 PM
and I am SOOOO glad you got to be in the Animal Planet feature! HUGS to your mom and family.

That made me smile, Elyse! Yeah, he did have some fun times didn't he? Being on TV, and patrolling the back yard with his chicken wing? riding in his pup pouch, and then this summer getting his very own stroller!

jennielynn1970
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm so sorry Sandie. :(

Rest in peace, Ozzy. Play hard up at the Bridge.

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Sandie, I'm so sorry to hear about Ozzy.:( I'm glad that he had such a wonderful loving home with you. RIP sweet Ozzy.:(

Scooter's Mom
11-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Sandie, I am so very saddened to read this. Ozzy was so very loved, not just by you and your dad, but by all of us here at PT. I am sending hugs and prayers your way. Ozzy will be waiting at the rainbow bridge, happy and healthy.

(((Big hugs)))

Crystal

CountryWolf07
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I am very sad to read this! :(

Rest in peace, Ozzy, you are able to be healthy again!

jazzcat
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I am so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Ozzy.

K9karen
11-12-2008, 10:08 PM
I fell off my chair when I saw this thread.

Sandie, I hope you know that you gave Ozzy such happiness and love in the short time he was with you. He couldn't have had a better foster mom in the world. I'll miss the little bugger too. I'm glad I had you for the pet swap so Ozzy could share the treats. Safe trip to the Bridge, Ozzy. You'll be in our hearts forever.
:love::love::love:

k9krazee
11-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Oh Sandie, I'm sorry to see this. Ozzy was a very special boy, indeed and I bet he is SUPER grateful that he got to spend his last 15 months with you. You are were an awesome pet parent to Ozzy, and he knows that.

(((Hugs)))))

Ozzy boy, Run free. You deserve it, buddy. Say hi to Shadow and all of the other PT pups for me, please!

critter crazy
11-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Ozzy was a very hadsome boy, who lived the great life while in your care! I am sure he is playing hard at the rainbow bridge! RIP Ozzy!

lvpets2002
11-13-2008, 08:56 AM
:( Oh Sandie I am so sorry for your loss.. Poor wittle Ozzy.. Rip wittle boy.. May the RB Angels be carring you to the Golden Gates of RB so you can enter & be with all the other PT Beloved Angels.. Play Hard wittle one..

inlovewithanimals
11-13-2008, 09:51 AM
So sorry to hear about Ozzy Sandra,Couldn't believe when I read this post ={
I can only imageing how empty the house is without sweet Ozzy walking around.God Bless.

R.I.P Ozzy.

AllAmericanPUP
11-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Ozzy:love:

Daisy and Delilah
11-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm so sorry, Sandie. I'm just seeing this and completely heartbroken for you and your Dad and all the other kids. Ozzy was a lucky boy to have lived with two wonderful people like you and your Dad. He couldn't have had a better time than he did in your home. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rest In Peace Ozzy Man :( Run and play hard at the bridge little friend :(

MoonandBean
11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I am soooooooooo sorry!!!!!!!! I am so grateful that you gave Ozzy such a wonderful last 15 months. He was truly blessed to be in such a great home towards the end of his life. Stryker will show him around Rainbow bridge. :love:

Glacier
11-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm so sorry. Godspeed, Ozzy.

WELOVESPUPPIES
11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
oh no:( Sandie my heart just breaks for you. It never matters how long they are with us just that they knew they were loved and Ozzy, thanks to you and your Dad, could not have been more blessed in his last 15 months here on Earth. Now he runs pain-free, playing chase, no aches and pains, no shortness of breath, no weakness....just like a puppy again. He knows how greatly he will be missed and he will watch over you. Most important thing is he left here knowing what LOVE is all about. Giant ((Hugs))

Whisk_Luva
11-14-2008, 01:32 AM
I am sooo sorry :(

Have fun at the bridge sweet Ozzy....

((Hugs))

Muddy4paws
11-15-2008, 07:18 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear about Ozzy. I hope you are all ok and coping ok with everything?

prechrswife
11-15-2008, 08:30 PM
So sorry for your loss...:(

cyber-sibes
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry, Sandi. I just saw this. Ozzy was such a cute little snowball of a pup, and you did so much to give him a great life while he was with you. (((hugs))) to you & your dad.

We wish you a gentle journey, sweet Ozzy. Till you all meet again...

Pat, JoJoe, Star & Jack

Freedom
11-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Thank you, everyone. Even though he was quite old, it was rather sudden, and such a shock. Starting to come to terms with his passing, now.

pitc9
11-17-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm so sorry I'm only just now seeing this... I've not been on PT in a while.

{{{HUGS}}}

He will be missed by everyone.
:(
RIP Ozzy

elizabethann
11-18-2008, 12:52 PM
OMG. I'm so sorry to hear this. I have tears in my eyes. I'm sending you a big hug.

Husky_mom
11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
IŽm so sorry.... his cute Bichon smile will be missed...((hugs))...

run, jump, bark, roll.... you are now back to puppyhood at the RB Ozzy!!... weŽll miss you

AdoreMyDogs
11-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm so sorry about Ozzy :( I only just now saw this thread. How sad that you knew him for such a short time, but what a wonderful, perfect, happy ending Ozzy had.

Hugs to you during this most difficult time :(

Emeraldgreen
11-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry you have lost Ozzy but so thankful that he had a safe and loving home for the last chapter of his life. Run free and play at the Bridge Ozzy.:love:

cassiesmom
08-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Ozzy, I read in another thread that today would have been your Got-Cha day along with Marlin's. I am (still!) glad you were with your mom and granddad, Sugar and Lacey and Marlin for the last year or so of your life, and that you were very loved and cared about. Have fun at the Bridge sweety.

Freedom
08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Aw, thanks for this! Mwah!

elizabethann
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
I am very sorry to hear about Ozzy. (hugs).

jennielynn1970
08-07-2009, 11:22 AM
RIP Ozzy. I'm glad you are all healthy now and playing at the Bridge. Keep an eye out on your mom, she misses you tons!