PDA

View Full Version : Did the Obama's Pick a Bichon?

elizabethann
11-12-2008, 02:41 PM
There's a picture of the future President on yahoo.com carrying a Bichon, in front of the statue of Lincoln. Is that a mock photo? Did he really choose a Bichon?

Ginger's Mom
11-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I just did a fairly good search online and I cannot find anything at all indicating that. But then I didn't find the photo either, so I could have missed something.

pomtzu
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I heard Obama say in an interview that they wouldn't get a dog until next Spring - after they got settled in their "new house". But then again, being a politician, he could have changed his mind on that issue! LOL :p

BitsyNaceyDog
11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
I haven't heard anything about them getting a dog yet. I know he said they were hoping to find a "hypoallergenic" dog at a shelter. I know that the country of Peru has offered the Obama Family a Peruvian Hairless as a gift, but I haven't heard if they have accepted.

Medusa
11-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I haven't heard anything about them getting a dog yet. I know he said they were hoping to find a "hypoallergenic" dog at a shelter. I know that the country of Peru has offered the Obama Family a Peruvian Hairless as a gift, but I haven't heard if they have accepted.

Yes, I just heard this on the news, too, and the doctor being interviewed said that there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog; cat, yes, dog, no. They all should be tested first to see if any of them actually are allergic to dogs.

AllAmericanPUP
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Obama said he wanted a mutt " just like me"...so i doubt it