PDA

View Full Version : ideas on what to put on shirt?

catnapper
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Mom came to visit me this weekend and we went on a loooong trek through the stores looking for a sweatshirt that has a saying about grandmoms ("grandmom's love is true" or "grandmas are the best" etc). Needless to say, we didn't find one. She desperately wants one (she has several already... how many sweatshirts with grandmom saying can one grandmom own?!)

I have a great gift idea for her birthday, which is Dec 17th. I want to embroider one for her with the names of all her grand kids' names. Depending on how ambitious I get, I'll probably add some sort of embroidered image too (like a rose or heart)

So, in all this, do I put any saying with it, like "Grandmom's love is true blue"? Then complete it with all blue thread and a blue crayon as the image?

If so, WHAT should the saying be? What should the little clip-art type image be? I'll have 7 names total to embroider in addition to everything else, so it can't be too long for fear I'll never finish it in time! :D

I have NO idea what this should be! Mom loves announcing to the world that she's a grandmom. I'll do the embroidery on a basic sweatshirt, nothing fancy and I'll probably add a coordinating turtle neck (mom's winter wardrobe staple).

Husky_mom
11-11-2008, 04:51 PM
so there are seven grandkids?.. ages?... are they kids... not sure how modern grandma is...

but...

our Grandma rocks! (and names under it and you can have a tribal sort of clipart, perhaps resembling concert t-shirts with concert venues/dates)

catnapper
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
While that is super cute, it is completely inappropriate for my mom. My mom is the sweet little old Mrs. Claus kind of grandmom. Think crafty type images.... rag dolls, hearts, daisies, etc. The last concert mom went to was Tom Jones in 1970. :cool:

The kids range in age from 1 years old to 22 (the oldest 3 being my step kids, which are technically grandchildren)

Taz_Zoee
11-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I have made shirts for my mom before. One year I got all of us to do handprints on it with puff paints and wrote the name under the print.
One year my SIL got my dad a sweat shirt with a picture of my niece (she was the only one at the time) on it, with matching sweatpants and wrote her name real big down one leg of the pants.
More recently someone got my dad a shirt that says Grandpa rocks and it has a picture of an old rocking chair on it.

Ideas for sayings:
Happiness is being a Grandma (which she probably already has, it's pretty common)
Grandma's pride and joy
I love being a Grandma
My seven (7) wonderful grandchildren
7 little blessings

jennielynn1970
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Could you do somehting that has to do with like, all the colors of the rainbow, or love as endless as a rainbow, and do the grandkids' names in the colors of the rainbow (Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet ... had to do that whole Roy G Biv in my head, lol).

Karen
11-11-2008, 07:14 PM
"Grandma's Treasures:"

then the list of names underneath

followed by

"and their love!"

catnapper
11-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Could you do somehting that has to do with like, all the colors of the rainbow, or love as endless as a rainbow, and do the grandkids' names in the colors of the rainbow (Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet ... had to do that whole Roy G Biv in my head, lol).

Ooooo.... me like!!! :D Especially being that I'm so color-oriented. Now, will mom like a rainbow? Of course she would, because I made it!

Keep the ideas coming. I hadn't thought of matching sweatpants. If only she belonged to a social group, she'd make all the other grandmoms jealous ;)

Husky_mom
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
you could change the tribal for a floral one.. with maybe daisies on the side...

and have it say

the 7 wonders of the world have ME as a Grandma