PDA

View Full Version : I have been giving Barbie a makeover.....

carole
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Now you are probably thinking what on earth is this woman on about.

Well i have a simple explanation,I have been having a clean out of Melissa's toys, she was saying the other day she wanted to donate them to charity,which i think is a great idea.

I decided to get a move on so we can put the parcels under our charity tree at xmas time, i usually buy a present but this year I have managed to make up four very generous parcels, all of Melissa's well kept and in good order toys.

So yesterday my line was full of little barbie clothes, i was shampooing and conditioning all the Barbies and Kelly dolls hair, you would be amazed at how great they come up and smell divine,a well loved barbie with crazy hair, has been turned into an almost brand new doll with sleek, and tame hair lol.

Anyhow just though i would share, the parcels all have a barbie doll each, two kelly dolls, lots of barbie clothes, jewellery for the child,a book, a soft toy, cute rabbits i have,a handbag or backpack, a pink car or van each, and i will make up a bag of sweets too.

I have selected only the ones in good order and i am pleased they look good, i think there will be four little girls out there this xmas who will indeed get as much pleasure as my Melissa did out of them, hope so.

I have to admit i have had so much fun making them up, now i just have to find the best way to parcel them up for the tree in the mall,i sure have had a kick out of doing these.:)

Taz_Zoee
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
What? No before and after pictures? Isn't that what they normally do on make over shows? LOL

That is a wonderful thing to do. There sure will be four VERY happy little girls when they get those packages. :D :D

Husky_mom
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
What? No before and after pictures? Isn't that what they normally do on make over shows? LOL

That is a wonderful thing to do. There sure will be four VERY happy little girls when they get those packages. :D :D

just my thoughts... :D we want pics... I thought you cut their hair or something.. LOL

I should do the same soon... take all toys and sort out some to give, some to trash and some to keep....passing over nice toys is well appreciated by toyless kids....I should do some clothes too

carole
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Aww heck i never thought of doing that, i should have taken some pics, and you would be able to see the difference, you will just have to take my word, they look great,yeah i only wish i could see those little faces when they open them, but it is a nice feeling to be able to help, even a little for those worse off than ourselves.

No I did not cut their hair, just the shampoo and conditioning them and combing them did the trick, they are sitting outside bathing in the nude right now,getting their hair dried lol,believe me there were many barbies who had under gone a make over by my then young daughter, we had some rather different hair style and cuts, and even one she made into a gothic barbie, she did that one when she was quite a bit older,they have to go in the rubbish,no good for passing on

Yes do sort your toys out and do the same, pay it forward isn't that the term, was hoping it would inspire some more PTers to do the same.

jennielynn1970
11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I wanted a Barbie so badly when I was younger. My mom relented a little and said if I lost 10lbs she'd buy me a Barbie. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time, and not overweight (you'd have to know my mom).

I basically said "F" Barbie and went back to playing dress up with my cats and playing outside in the barns with the farm animals, lol.

carole
11-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh dear that seemed a little unfair, I always wanted a kitten desperately , i used to pray everynight to god to get a kitten when i was little, we lived on a farm but dad would not budge, but guess what happened , the elderly lady down the road died, we were friends with her, and she left behind a black kitten, guess who got the kitten, yep you guessed it, my first sooty.:):D

I was out shopping today and i noticed they still have the kelly dolls, and some of the barbies and teen scene dolls that i am giving away, look very similar, i am sure some little girl will appreciate them, we have loads of Bratz dolls too, but i am keeping them for now,maybe next time, or we might just keep them, after all i gave away all my sons transformers and low and behold they are back.

K9karen
11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I wanted a Barbie so badly when I was younger. My mom relented a little and said if I lost 10lbs she'd buy me a Barbie. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time, and not overweight (you'd have to know my mom).

I basically said "F" Barbie and went back to playing dress up with my cats and playing outside in the barns with the farm animals, lol.

:D

I was a tomboy and always wanted a DOG. Never played with dolls, except as show if I got one as a gift. It was my mom that bought all the talking, walking dolls. I still have Chatty Cathy and a doll that kneels and prays. Barbie dolls (and clowns) freak me out.

carole
11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I never owned a barbie doll, I was the proud owner of one sindy doll, lol. well got all the packages individually wrapped and then wrapped in one big parcel, so when they open it, they will see three more presents to unwrap, i know how much kids like lots of presents, not just one,one of the parcels is huge, as it has a material doll car seat filled with goodies of course.

Anyhow just found out the charity xmas tree went up in the store today, so i am well on target, must go put them under it this weekend.:)

jennielynn1970
11-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Good job! There will be some really happy, and grateful, kids this Christmas.

carole
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I hope their little faces will light up,you know i don't who is getting more pleasure out of this, them receiving the presents or me giving them, i have had great fun and enjoyed every single minute of it, i made up the sweets yesterday, they each got a mixture of fruit bursts, minties,etc with a candy cane with a novelty jelly on them, one a snowman, one a xmas tree and one a santa, i got those all for a very reasonable price, the whole lot with some batteries i bought for two of the toys only cost me ten dollars all up, so i am happy with that., i would normally spend that on buying just one present for the tree, so this way there is three presents and big ones at that.

kuhio98
11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Melissa must be a very responsible girl. My barbies all suffered haircuts or ink tatoos or damage from something or other I did. :eek:

carole
11-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh no Lisa we had those ones too, lol I threw those ones out, there were the great hair cuts, the tattooed ones as well and the goth one, lol, but yes she did look after some of them very well, her Bratz dolls are in super condition, i am keeping those for now, the ones i used were in good condition too, infact i saw a teen scene doll at the store yesterday,and her one looks just as good,so i am happy about that, i won't give away things in bad condition.:)

phesina
11-14-2008, 08:34 AM
How sweet!

What a kind, thoughtful, generous person you are!