PDA

View Full Version : Vet update on the Persian that was found

rg_girlca
11-10-2008, 09:01 PM
For those of you who don't know about the Persian that was found, please read here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=147841

All in all his check up went well. No temperature, weighs 10.5 lbs and he is approximately 3-4 years old. He was having a little hit and miss with peeing in and out of the litter box the pass few days, so I was able to get a good pee sample when he went in the cat carrier. Poor baby has a slight bladder infection so is on antibiotics for 2 weeks. Also, it's bad enough that this poor guy is front de-clawed, he is BACK DE-CLAWED ALSO!!!!!:mad: Why, why, WHY, would people want to do this to their cat???:mad:
Also, he is such a good boy in the car. So relaxed and not a meow out of him. Not like my boys who come out with sounds like I've never heard come out of them before.

Here are a few new pictures of him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures144.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures142.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures146.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures145.jpg

Keep your paws and fingers crossed that I am able to find a good loving home for this guy.

Catty1
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Awww...what a DOLL!!! I just wanna give him a big squooshy cuddle. :D:love:

I am glad he checked out healthy except for the slight bladder infection...hopefully that will clear up soon.

ALL paws declawed??? Any idea if he is microchipped? Would be GREAT to find the idiots (or genuinely stupid people who just did not know any better) that did this. :mad:

Has he settled down? Is he a cuddler at all? Any purrs? :)

THANK YOU for helping this beautiful boy.:love:

jazzcat
11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Aww, he's so handsome. I can't believe he was totally declawed and outside. :mad::(

I hope the meds help quickly and he's feeling good soon. I'm sending you lots of "good luck" vibes on the new home search.

rg_girlca
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Candace; My vet believe it or not, doesn't have a machine to scan for microchips. He use to, but gave it up. It's been just over a week since I've had this cat and so far from all the resources that I have searched, there has been nothing on this cat. I'm pretty sure he was dumped. Yes he has settled down, not a cuddler, but does sleep near me with one paw touching and has a nice purr when you pet him and play with him.

Thank you and Lori for the good vibes.

catfamily
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
OMG!! I missed this one Lorraine...where did you get this gorgeous baby love bug???
He is just so sweet...I just want to go right through the computer and take him from you:eek:;)
I can't believe someone would declaw all his poor little paws:(
This is a very sad sad story...i am so happy he is home...or going
to a wonderful home because of you Lorraine.
Thank you again Lorraine for helping the cats/kittens that you have found...so many you help.
thank you.
You a true Angel!

Emeraldgreen
11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Oh, he is sooooo handsome! And that picture of him sleeping with his paw over his head is so sweet.
SPCA's usually have a scanner on hand and any clinic will usually scan a pet for free if you pop in and ask. But as you said, he may have been dumped.:(
Their loss and someone's gain. He is going to be a wonderful family member for somebody. Hope you find the perfect person. :)

Karen
11-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh how nice to hear he's settling in. I am so glad to see him shaved, to know that those nasty, nasty mats aren't causing him pain. No wonder his fur was so matted - they didn't leave him any claws with which to groom himself!

Instead of wishing nastiness on them, I will instead channel my prayers toward him finding a good and loving home he so richly deserves. I am sure he will, and that you will make sure they are the right home.

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I hope that his bladder infection clears up quickly and I'm glad that everything else checked out fine.:) It's bad enough when a cat's front paws are declawed but all 4 is really horrible.:( I hope he'll be able to find his new loving forever indoor only home very soon. He sure is a handsome boy and looks so soft and cuddly. Good luck and please continue to keep us updated about him.:)

Killearn Kitties
11-11-2008, 04:25 AM
He just looks adorable now Lorraine! Paws and fingers are all crossed, he deserves a good home. Good luck!

jenluckenbach
11-11-2008, 05:16 AM
That boy could not be cuter!!

Medusa
11-11-2008, 06:38 AM
I can only imagine how difficult it was for that poor boy to walk in the beginning w/all 4 paws declawed but just look at him now. He's the picture of contentment. Seeing that he's so docile, I'll bet that he'll go to his perfect permanent home quickly. What a wonderful job you've done w/him. Special blessings have been heaped on you. Healing prayers going up that his bladder infection goes away immediately. :love:

orangemm
11-11-2008, 06:50 AM
I am so glad this boy ended up with you! Now he has a real chance for a furrever home with loving people who WON'T MUTILATE him!:mad: Poor guy, what a double-whammy, having no claws and being matted up.

He looks so content now!:) A little love and some care make all the difference in the world. Give him some gentle pats from me..........

Thank you for doing this for this sweet boy...........:love::love:

Donnaj4962
11-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh my, he is absoultely adorable! I am sorry about his bladder infrection, and hopefully that will clear up soon with the meds. He looks adorable shaved. How did he behave during the grooming? I know he was hurting before from the matting of his hair. I hope he was a good boy and realized that the groomer was only trying to help him.

God bless you Lorraine, for taking in this boy. He needed someone to help him and care for him. I hope you find him a wonderful luvving furever home. :love:

catfamily
11-11-2008, 09:48 AM
i am so in love with this little kitty...i wish i could hold him.i keep coming back to his pictures Lorraine.
I can't imagine him outside full of matts DECLAWED! I really have fallen in love:love:

lvpets2002
11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
:love: Awee just look at this wittle Cutie Pie.. Congrats on the checkup being all good..

phesina
11-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Wonderful, Lorraine, thank you. The poor boy, he needed someone so badly just to reach out and help him. God bless you for being there and taking him in.

catmandu
11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
AWWW, HES SUCH AN AWESOME CAT:):). WE ARE PRAYING THAT HE FINDS A GOOD HOME .:cool:
I WOULD LOVE HIM FOR THE FOUND CAT HOTEL , BUT WITH MY HEALTH ISSUES AND AGE , AND THE DISTANCE FROM MONTREAL ITS I AM SAD TO SAY NOT POSSIBLE.
BUT MY HEART SAYS THAT IF THERES NOT A HOME FOR THAT PURRFECT PERSIAN, THEN THE FOUND CAT PARADISE HOTEL CAN FIT ONE MORE IN.:love::love:
BUT I DONT DRIVE, AND HE WOULD HAVE TO BE TRANSPORTED RIGHT TO OUR DOOR.:(:(

Freedom
11-11-2008, 05:51 PM
He seems so docile and content to be indoors and loved. He has that "cattitude" that this is the life he is entitled to!

I bet the owner died and the family just dumped him, as you say.

Bless you for looking out for him!

CathyBogart
11-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Awww, he looks so happy! :love:

One of the vets I worked for said that he once did a four-foot declaw, because the kitty had such delicate skin that she was needing stitches after she scratched her ears. :(