PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that people should freeze dry their pets?

Rottieluver45
09-13-2002, 10:39 PM
I saw this on 20/20 and I thought it was INSANE!!

What do you ppl think?

Here`s a website:

Freeze dry (http://www.pet-animalpreservation.com/)

turner
09-14-2002, 03:35 PM
Could someone explain to me what that is. You mean I put my pet in the freezer when they die? What?

Soledad
09-15-2002, 07:23 PM
This is just my personal opinion, but that seems so unnatural and disturbing. I would not know what on earth to do if I walked into someone's house and saw one of those. I probably wouldn't come back. It seems extremely unhealthy, mentally.

Rottieluver45
09-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by turner
Could someone explain to me what that is. You mean I put my pet in the freezer when they die? What?

No!! You would take you pets body,After they die,to some place that freeze drys pets and you give them pics of how you want them to pose your pet and they do it! Then you like put it some where in you house like a statue!

Felicia's Mom
09-15-2002, 09:01 PM
I don't like it. When my cats die, I don't want the body setting out so I can see it.

RockyRoad
09-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I would not like it either. I am just going to get my pets creamated (forgot how to spell it:)), and leave it at that. I would hate to be moved or disturbed when I die, and what if a peice breaks off? Like an arm or something!! I know that is not likely and very rare to happen, but it could! Especially with me being very superstitious, it would just spook me a lot.

turner
09-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Oh, That is just too insane! No never would I "Freeze Dry" my pet. That's just too........yuck!:eek:

sasvermont
09-16-2002, 09:21 AM
Then we could sprinkle them on our salads at dinner.

What are these folks thinking? I saw a glimpse of the 20/20 program and it was too weird for me. When an animal dies, it deserves the peace and respect of the event. At least that is how I feel about it.

I just can't imagine having it freeze dried or stuffed.

:(

anna_66
09-16-2002, 02:36 PM
Nope, I don't think I'd do that, it would be too creepy:eek:

NoahsMommy
09-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Um....no thanks!

Uabassoon
09-16-2002, 06:29 PM
I think it I had my cats freeze dried body in my house I would cry everytime I saw it. First off it would scare me having it look at me, and I think maybe a part of me would wish that it would just "wake up" and come back to life.

Rottieluver45
09-16-2002, 07:12 PM
On 20/20 they said that someday they might do it to a human,except that they would put the body in a coffin bury it,and then years later the body would be unharmed!

RockyRoad
09-16-2002, 08:18 PM
That is just scary!! If I'm alive when they invent that, I'll have my relatives sue them if they do it to me!! It's spooky enough that people dress up dead people for a wake. I am really superstitious, and it spooks me to see dead bodies. I'm not scared of them, it just feels like all of a sudden they are just going to pop up and scare you to death!! Oh my god that would be freaky!:eek:

Rottieluver45
09-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
That is just scary!! If I'm alive when they invent that, I'll have my relatives sue them if they do it to me!! It's spooky enough that people dress up dead people for a wake. I am really superstitious, and it spooks me to see dead bodies. I'm not scared of them, it just feels like all of a sudden they are just going to pop up and scare you to death!! Oh my god that would be freaky!:eek:

OMG!! That would!

RockyRoad
09-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I went to my grandmother's wake when she died, and she looked nothing like herself (well, duh, she's dead)!! Anyway, I couldn't stop looking at her. It was really scary. I felt like I couldn't move, like she was all of a sudden going to pop up and grab my neck, it was so much. I couldn't do anything, just stare at her poor, old (no offense, grandma!), face, and all the things on her, it was like she was alive (except for the fact that she WASN'T!), and she was just going to jump out and scare me to death. Wow, I had never felt that feeling before, I am not going to any more wakes!:eek:

Kelcie
09-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Hi,

New to the site and this is the first Post I see :eek:

I hope I never meet the person who came up with that idea....
scary!!!!:eek:

Dixieland Dancer
09-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Freeze dry???? NO WAY!!!

lovemymaltese
09-17-2002, 01:48 PM
What a crazy idea, I have none people to have them cremated though.

catland
09-17-2002, 03:22 PM
Yuck. It sounds so sad and pathetic. There would be the fur and the face, but no life in the eyes.

I think its much better to take photos of them while they're alive and use that as a way to remember them.

Rottieluver45
09-17-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by catland
Yuck. It sounds so sad and pathetic. There would be the fur and the face, but no life in the eyes.

I think its much better to take photos of them while they're alive and use that as a way to remember them.

That would br MUCH,MUCH BETTER!!

todd
09-17-2002, 08:39 PM
no people should not freeze dry their pets.

sammi
09-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
Yeah, I went to my grandmother's wake when she died, and she looked nothing like herself (well, duh, she's dead)!! Anyway, I couldn't stop looking at her. It was really scary. I felt like I couldn't move, like she was all of a sudden going to pop up and grab my neck, it was so much. I couldn't do anything, just stare at her poor, old (no offense, grandma!), face, and all the things on her, it was like she was alive (except for the fact that she WASN'T!), and she was just going to jump out and scare me to death. Wow, I had never felt that feeling before, I am not going to any more wakes!:eek:

I hope in time you will get over your fear of paying last respect's to someone who has passed away. Its not the dead ones you need to fear but the ones still alive.

wolf_Q
09-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Hey FloppsyLadySally89, wasn't it you that posted a while ago about that you wanted to have your pets stuffed when they died? This is basically the same thing.

I caught the tail end of this program also. It was awful! I'm sorry, but that lady with the dead blue-gray cat just creeped me out! :eek: Brings new meaning to the phrase "crazy cat lady" lol.

I voted NO. I have a friend whose house is entirely filled with taxidermy (not by her choice of course)........it gives me the creeps! There is one room that is just COVERED with elk/deer/moose/etc. antlers and heads, and a cougar rug. I can't even stand to go in that room! I can't even imagine if those dead animals were my PETS! :o

RockyRoad
09-28-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Hey FloppsyLadySally89, wasn't it you that posted a while ago about that you wanted to have your pets stuffed when they died? This is basically the same thing.

I know, but a while ago I decided not to because it would just be... well...i don't even know how to explain it.

Kelcie
09-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Well I've always said it would be neat to stuff the dog or cat of bunny....when they pass away.
But when you bring them to the vet to have them put down...the last thing on your mind is to do any but to hold them...stuffing or any other mutilation is really not an option
I just put my 15 yr old Cat and a 12 yr Dog down two months ago...and I still can't imagine having them stuffed.
I guess you love them in life...and respect them in death

nsweezie
09-29-2002, 06:23 PM
I too saw this segment on 20/20 and my first thought was that this was so disturbing. By the end of the show I have to admit that I was totally creeped out.
I would never do this to any of my animals. When that sad day comes, I will let them rest in peace.
Louise

Superkid
10-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Ya i think it'd be soo weird and creepy!!! Personally, I think it would be like having a dead body in your house. And the pet wouldn't be the same :o/

C.C.'s Mom
10-05-2002, 02:06 AM
Eek!

I would never ever do something like that.

Cookiebaker
10-05-2002, 04:09 PM
That is just too freaky...makes me think of a haunted house.. :eek:

RockyRoad
10-14-2002, 06:10 PM
It is just sad to cling onto a soul that has already gone off to heaven (or the other place..). You should always mourn over somebody's death, but life goes on and you cannot hold on to things forever. I could never imagine having my pet around the house but not as a pet but a statue! It would just be too creepy and too weird. I would like to meet the person who wants to try this out on humans! I mean we alreay have cremation and even momorial statues (if you have a lot of money), why should we keep the body instead of putting it to rest underneath the earth? It just does not make sense. :eek: Imagine one day coming home from work/school/shopping and seeing your pet standing there but knowing it is not *actually* there.

witchiewoman
10-16-2002, 01:48 PM
I totally agree, it is way to weird to me. I love my babies with all my heart, never would i do that to them. When they go, i will have them in my heart and memory. They will be creamated just as I want to be,
This is another way someone dreamed up for the rich (and bored) people to spend their money and out do their friends. You can also have them dipped in bronz and gold, i also saw that on 20/20 or something like that.
Sick! Sick! Sick!

CathyBogart
10-29-2002, 10:53 AM
I coudn't do such a thing....My pets deserve to be set free. I took Sable's body over to the creek near my house last night and let her go there. As long as I know she'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge I find no reason to keep such a painful reminder around.

iceyshiver21
04-16-2003, 04:22 PM
I couldnt live seeing everyone looking at my dead dog statue over there in the corner......ewww...plus it would creep me out.

-Option- Get a Ceramic life sized statue painted of your pet. The do make life sized german shepards....

iceyshiver21
04-16-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by sammi
Its not the dead ones you need to fear but the ones still alive.
OMG!!! True....

Dakota's Mommy
04-17-2003, 01:13 PM
To me, it just seems morally wrong! NO WAY would I ever consider such a thing!

PayItForward
04-18-2003, 10:48 AM
No :mad:

Z dawg
04-18-2003, 12:42 PM
I saw this on 20/20 as well. I think it's absolutely disgusting! Why on earth would you want to do such a thing???

tikeyas_mom
04-18-2003, 03:59 PM
that is discusting, who would do that. why would you want your dead pet as a statue in your house, EWWWW!!! that is soo disturbing. Shoot meeeeeeee!!!!!!! I bury my pets, :eek:

cocker_luva
04-28-2003, 03:52 PM
i would think it would go along with taxidermy, creepy!:eek:

Layka3000
04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
No way duh!

shellonabeach
05-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Yuk

I have all my pets cremated, even the tiny hamsters and gerbils. I don't scatter the ashes because I have not settled anywhere yet. I have a tasteful display of the little wooden boxes and a murial of their pictures above it.