PDA

View Full Version : New Hermies *VERY funny story*

Alysser
11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
So I came home from school and no one was home, my brother and my sister had gone out to buy me two new hermit crabs as a surprise, because not having a crab in my room sucks. So, she got me a pretty large one and with a batman shell and a tiny adorable one. She picks up the huge one to show my dad and he pinches her. He WOULD not let go, and she kept screaming and crying. It was the funniest scene. We tried spraying him with water, but it didn't work. We had to put him under the faucet and kept dumping water on him, my sister was only making him more scared and he kept pinching harder. It was SO funny!! I_luv_rusty was here and we were both in my room crying we were laughing so hard. We eventually got him off. It sounded like a murder was taking place. My mom said she was surprised the neighbors never called the cops.

So, I got two new hermies, and they are very cute. The big one scares me a little but the little on is so nice. *pics will come soon!* I HAD to tell you that story XD

Husky_mom
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
LOL... I donīt think you rsis thought it was funny... :p...

congrats on th newbies!! any names yet?

Alysser
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I was going to name him Bruce Wayne, after Batman's secret identity. But I'm re-thinking the name, I'm probably going to name him Brute because of what he did the first day we got him. I must admit she made it MUCH worse by screaming and shaking her hand, she was scaring him more. Hermit crabs really only pinch in defense or if they feel they're going to fall. He wasn't being defensive. LOL, I'm STILL laughing at this. The little one doesn't have a name yet.

Taz_Zoee
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
LOL, oh sorry. Your poor sister. *chuckle chuckle*
Yeah, I can see why you are scared of the bigger one after that little fiasco! :)

Can't wait to see pictures!! :)

chocolatepuppy
11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Can't wait to see pics!:D

Alysser
11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Here's the cute one-

chocolatepuppy
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Aww, adorable!:cool:

ramanth
11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
LOL!! Congrats on the new hermies. I rarely pick up my big guy because no matter how I hold him, he's able to sneak a pinch in. :D

Alysser
11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
LOL, same here, well now. :rolleyes: Physco crab as we call him now pinched me last night and would not let go, my mom did the same thing, he finally came off. OUCH!! It hurt like HELL. We were going to return him but then had a change of heart. He's now in my sisters room, but I got a new hermit today LOL, he's a tiny one, a partner for the other tiny cute one. I'll have to get pics, I want to name him Otto and the little girl might be named Shelly. :p Physco is alone because I don't now what he'd do to the other crabs, and we can't trust him too much. The little ones so far have not been too bad at pinching, they don't ever try.

Zippy
11-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Both your hermies are adorable.Sorry to hear about Mr.Crabby pinching everyone.Maybe he will mellow out as he gets used to his new home.Congrats on the new hermies :)

ramanth
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Sokka (our big guy) gets along great with all the other crabs, especially the smallest (Momo). They are always hanging out together on the wood, chirping at each other and waving their attennae.

I find the ones that are closer in size argue now and then and usually about shells.

Psycho will most likely get along with your other crabs. They are very social creatures. He shouldn't be kept alone.

Alysser
11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Sokka (our big guy) gets along great with all the other crabs, especially the smallest (Momo). They are always hanging out together on the wood, chirping at each other and waving their attennae.

I find the ones that are closer in size argue now and then and usually about shells.

Psycho will most likely get along with your other crabs. They are very social creatures. He shouldn't be kept alone.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to let them out together often. I have two in cage and Physco gets his own. The cage I have is too small for three, ATM. I read online that the bigger ones attack the little ones and "Eat them". I never believed it because I have had a huge one and small one before and they got on pretty well, then again they never really came out. :p Jeri was alone for all 9 months I had him and did perfectly fine but I understand your point, Ramanath. Thanks for the info!

ramanth
11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
No problem!

I found this website very useful:

http://www.thecrabbagepatch.com/index.html

:D Good luck!

Miss Z
11-30-2008, 11:57 AM
LOL at this story, Alyssa! Physco sounds like such a character. :P

I don't think I knew that you'd lost Jeri. :(

Marigold2
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
LOL yes it's funny as long as it's not your hand being pinched.:eek:

Freedom
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Welcome Psycho aka Mr. Crabby, and "maybe" Shelby, and still unnamed Hermie.

Your sister is letting Psycho in her room? What a story.

Alysser
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Hehe, my hand did get pinched. :D I just wanted to say, all hermies are still here. Bruce aka Physco was "my sisters" but it's weird that I take care of him. He's a very good boy when he's not making my hand his second course. :p The other two are doing well but they never move, only at night as they are nocturnal even when I take them out. It makes me miss Jeri, that crab always came out.

The other crabbies names are Shelly and Otto, although I've never truley seen Otto.

Casper
12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
How did I miss this? I had no idea you had added these little guys to the family!
Congratulations!

The little one is really cute. :)

Welcome to PT Bruce, Shelly, & Otto!